Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is there any option to make a course public within Free for Teacher account?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-04-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a zipfile with all the questions from the entire textbook.  I imported them but cannot find them to work with in creatign a quiz.  Where do they go after I hit import and see process 'complete'?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can you use rubrics in discussions? If yes, how?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am the director of education technology and head of eLearning of 2 private medium size (~3-4K students) schools in Egypt. I want to have CanvasLMS K-12 in both schools. I have been trying to contact the Instructure team for the last week, I tried p...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't get any of my courses to be editable. I'm in the middle of the canvas training and can't move on until I do something to the homepage, but none of my existing classes will let me edit anything.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want to insert an image and make clickable links on top of the pictures.  For example:  If I put in a picture of a bookcase and I want them to be able to click on the different book titles on the bookcase that will take them to separate pages.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In Canvas a professor may choose to make a part of the final grade participation which is automatically calculated by Canvas. The Canvas participation grade gives you points per day by opening documents and playing videos put on the platform by the t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I set up the plagiarism functions

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,When I embed a document file, it displays like this on the page.Is there a way to remove the grey box (see circled in red) that shows at the top of the document? With the grey bar at the top, the article/document does not look as organic as whe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We've successfully installed the Zoom LTI and have been using it for 40+ courses without issue.  We have one class where the faculty member has set up a recurring meeting and it shows on his end only.  No student, no other user can see it.  We've tes...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I think I'm supposed to eport my classes to the grading program my district uses. How do I go about doing that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have published pages that are not properly displayed in Modules.When I view it in Teacher View, it shows up fine, but in Student View, those pages disappear (See attached pictures). However, pages are there when I navigate them by clicking "Previou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

There is no way to choose the font family while designing a new question in Quiz. There are other features such as changing font size and font color. The default font is very difficult to read, and I wish there was an option to chose the font family ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

There is no way to choose the font family while designing a new question in Quiz. There are other features such as changing font size and font color. The default font is very difficult to read, and I wish there was an option to chose the font family ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a TA for a course and am trying to review the proctorio exams for our courses midterm. It won't let me even though I am on Chrome and have the extension downloaded. I think the issue is that somehow I was able to "take" the exam without using pr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I am a Volunteer Coordinator for a non-profit, and I want to create an online module for our volunteers to complete as part of their training. I would like for them to see questions they got wrong along the way and have them be able to correct th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am an instructor and wanted to know how to access older courses.  I am trying to access my student evaluations from Fall term 2019 and no longer have the classes on my dashboard.  Since the evaluations are accessed through Canvas, I would lik...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi. Is it possible to create tabs across the top of the Home page for a course? If so, how do I accomplish that? Elaine

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to complete task 1.9 it doesn't give me a tab by event that says assignment/appointment group after clicking the + mine says TO DO. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have an assignment due in one of my classes today and i click on the assignments tab and all that pops up is a blank page why is this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to add a clickable PDF of my Bitmoji Classroom as my homepage.  I don't like the way it looks when embedded as a PDF file.  I want a clean image which still has the links working.  Any suggestions?  See screen shot below for how I do not want ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-11-2020 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Why am I unable to add my classes to my course menu in dashboard?  When I select all courses in Dashboard my Summer 2020 classes are listed however, when I try to add them to my course menu a message pops up saying classes can not be added to course ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I'm searching for help embedding my OneDrive files into my assignments and pages in Canvas. I figure out how to embed Word or PDF's with HTML, however other teachers collaborating on the site are not given access. I had to use HTML, because the e...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a Free account, and my district now has an account. How do I import/export the content from my Free account to my district's account?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students love the hard copy crossword puzzles that we do to learn French.  Going to online teaching/learning, I would like to still be able to have them do these.  Is there some option under assignments or quizzes where I can replicate a crossword...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have tried uploading a background photo from my computer, I have tried from my phone, and I have tried from the app which will not even log me in in the first place. I am very frustrated so far with this site. I want to be able to upload relevant p...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently, I have to select one or the other and I would like to be able to see both in my grade book.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the easiest way to end the term for teachers if they want to reuse their content?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This thread from a few years ago is saying that Canvas will not send notifications for imported announcements, even if they are edited and dated for later release. Is this still true? I hope not, because it means that I will have to save all my annou...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a page with links to lessons that are created and formatted as buttons. I need to change/update those links.in the New Rich Content Editor when I click Options > Edit links, it gives me a bar to the left that says the Link name and the address...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies