Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I put a movie into the discussion part of canvas.  Thanks for helping me.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I show the format buttons in a google document? I would like to have the show/hide button, the indentation buttons and the rest of the instructions related to font and paragraph formatting. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why can't I add a question when creating a new discussion. The only option is to reply as though a question has already been asked.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to import a course template from the Teacher Appreciation 2018. I follow the directions and then an error message appears when I try to open the file. I have tried the same thing on two PC laptops and the same error message has appeared. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I link a file from makebeliefscomix to Canvas reply?  091329Discussions

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm making a multiple fill-in quiz I want students to be able to enter whatever response they want, not one I enter as right. How do I do this in Canvas quizzes. Is there like a survey question in quizzes?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I view a whole discussion board and what people are saying on it? Every time I go to the discussion question it makes me respond before I can see everyone else's responses. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to print screen on a page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can anyone help me, I imported CVS file for courses. format : course_id,short_name,long_name,account_id,term_id,status,start_date,end_date,course_format,blueprint_course_idPASS2020-GYR-D2,PASS2020 Gianyar,Passport to e-Campus ( GYR-D2 ),,2020/2021,ac...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why do we use Canvas again? I am already overwhelmed, but it will get easier as we get further along. Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Everyone,Now that the school year is over, I'm going through and double-checking our teacher's Gradebooks. Periodically, I find assignments with unposted grades. To find those assignments, I have to scroll through the Canvas Gradebook and look for...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What happens on the student's end when a closed assignment (that was never completed) is set as a prerequisite for future assignments/modules? In other words, if a student does not complete a prerequisite assignment and the assignment closes, is the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does Microsoft offer any training or documentation to help us support faculty in the integration of 0365 with Canvas?Or, are we on our own?Thanks!Leona

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I need to share some of my course content with an instructor at a different institution.  How can that be done?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Após terminar a vídeo aula aparece a mensagem de "Parabéns" mas não libera a prova. O Curso é o GSA Professores 2019.2Esta mensagem foi traduzida usando o Google Translate.Subject: I took the Culture and School Climate video class but the test option...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Once Panopto video is ready, how do I upload it into my module?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If a teacher uses the Message Students Who feature in gradebook, do observers see that message? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi TeamI have spelt the name wrong and want to edit it. What is the process?RegardsKrishna

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've got a student that got access to a file, and I'm trying to figure out how they may have done it.    The file was posted as a file attachment to the question text of a File Upload Quiz question (see attached)From my own research I've uncovered 3 ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've completed both classes and supposed to see my final grades. I'm about to register for a new semester. I don't understand what happened. What do I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

drop lowest grade ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a grading scheme?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to copy my Exam word doc question files which are large - over 100 questions per exam - from my MAC  into a Canvas Question Bank or directly into a Canvas Quiz/testI need to keep the formatting I cannot find a 'How to Create a Question Bank an...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My student has completed her work. She is attempting to attach a Google Doc and then submit. However, Canvas will not allow her to submit and keeps giving her an error message. I have tried to help her by using "past submissions," by using Google Dri...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am asking this question on behalf of our faculty member and here it is in his own wording;I am having an issue with the Canvas quiz grading. While Canvas automatically populates the grades in the grading section (good), it does not populate t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My professor suggests we submit our written work through the Canvas Smarthinking Online tool for review prior to submitting the assignment for a grade.How do I do that?Renee Schouwenaars

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I copied my course.... my Live Conference Videos I did with students did not carry over... am I able to copy all the links and save them? And will I then be able to access even next year?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Am I able to access deleted files or assignments in e-Campus?Thanks!Julie Marcello

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am having trouble launching the HESI Resource on my laptop, it prompted "Timed Out". kindly help.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a class where students must move through the requirements in sequential order. Unfortunately, after the last requirement was put in, I discovered that the first one was not included.  Is there a way to rearrange the requirements so that I don'...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies