Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi,This is a very basic question I know - apologies! - but I have not yet found a good answer by scouring google results and this community's questions/answers.I am new to Canvas, and my organization would like to find a way to send info from an even...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am clicking on canvas navigation and it nothing shows up. None of the modules show up either when I click on them?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings!I am having a bit of trouble with canvas. For some reason I cannot get rubric data (neither scores or selected answers) for assignment peer review submissions. Some of the students did answer the peer review rubric questions, but when I use...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please forgive my ignorance. I have never taken a course online. How will I receive my instructors instructions for the upcoming summer class slated to commence June 3rd that I am enrolled in? Maybe check messages by then or........?Respectfully, Joh...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-29-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Where did the annotation tools go? These are docx files so it is not the file type. It does have an anonymous peer review but I didn't think that took away the DocViewer tools?Thank you,Karen

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

So we are using free canvas for teachers and we have free courses. I have been using canvas with my students for about 4 weeks now with no problem having students signing up to our courses. Unfortunately my recent new students are not able to sign up...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I do not want to import. I would like to type on Course Summary. Edit button does not give me option to type on Course Summary. I need step-by-step help.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are creating online courses for some teacher training.  We are expecting up to 500 people enrolled in a course.  What is the best way to manage this?  We have 12 instructors to help manage and monitor work.  Do I create a course for each of them? ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I want to create an adaptive placement test for my students. I would like to organize my questions by difficulty level, and then have questions get harder or easier based on whether a student answers correctly. https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/4...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to run a report that will shows all of the active courses for all schools along with the teachers assigned to them for this current term 2019-2020.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I NOT ABLE TO DO MY ASSIGMENT AND QUIZ NEED HELP ASAP. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Everyone,I don't currently have any group discussion assignments in my introductory statistics course because I have a large number of students (over 300).  However, I'm thinking it might be time to experiment with some things in order to build mo...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to make copies of my inbox emails to students? Need to turn copies into school

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do allow the students to see the Modules?  There is a picture of an eye with a slash through it and cant figure our how to remove that symbol.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why won't my Dashboard load up? All I see is "empty card".

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am seeing that few of my students have submitted the assignment however their submission goes in for some another student. When that another student opens the submission tab to submit their work, they find that someone else's submission has been po...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I revised the students in two groups but, when grading assignments, the original grouping is shown.  How do I fix that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,Is it possible to direct where the New Quiz "Return" button takes students? I'd like to include a New Quiz sequentially between pages in a module and have my students navigate to the next page upon completion of the quiz. When I was in Student ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When will Canvas be breaking up the grades on Dashboard into categories? When a teacher/student/parent is trying to get an average of test/quiz scores versus daily assignments, they have to wade in there and pull out these scores separately. It is ti...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When is Canvas going to get a 'back/undo' button for their editor? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I logged in to Canvas and it looks distorted.  Is it getting updated? and if it is approximately when will it be available again? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm having difficulty understanding where I seem to be missing a crucial step on an assignment I am trying to create.   Here's a synopsis:I have created a word doc (365 doc) that is meant to be filled in and then submitted.  I would like to be able t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to upload a file so I can put it in my Module but the Google doc is "hidden" so I cannot access it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

the use case is: If we have someone who needs to be enrolled as an observer in a master course for any sort of reason, we would potentially set the observation to last only X amount of weeks; then we don’t have to do a manual removal after a certain ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have had Canvas for seven years and have not had any guidelines previously on how users were created or who could create user accounts.  Now, with moving to Colleague, as our new SIS, we have multiple instances of users with duplicate accounts whe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I delete a module that is for 4th grade which I don't need anymore, as I am in 2nd grade now.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I locate speed-grader on a quiz? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For one of my courses, the course image is not displaying on my dashboard.  I uploaded a jpg to the image field in course settings.  It is listed under Course Image in Files.  The tile displays all white, even though I selected another color.  Does a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a discussion post, formatted as a table in Word.  When I copy it into the text box to post on my discussion board it loses the table formatting.  How can I keep the formatting in my post as it shows in the Word doc?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We would like to utilize Big Blue Button, however, without the ability to record we cannot caption the session to be ADA compliant.  Is there a way to record the sessions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-07-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies