Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am setting up another set of quizzes for my classes. The first time I did this, one student only looked at the due time and date that was on the home page and thought that was when the quiz started, so she missed the quiz.For my second set of quizz...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm a student and whenever I try to view the google drive submission tab, it says "We're sorry, but something went wrong. If you are the application owner check the logs for more information." How do I fix this? Thanks.Attached is a screenshot of the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-26-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I want students to annotate directly on a PDF, how would they do that? Our school does not support any external tools such as Kami. If an external tool is the only way to do it, is there a way I can integrate it, or does it have to come from admin...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I stop a Module from continuing to the next Module? e.g. i have broken my course into 12 discreet lessons corresponding to 12 weeks -- when a student completes one lesson, i would like them to return to the home page and not move to the next m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-25-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello!The google drive submission tab is not working for me and my teachers. It says, "We're sorry, but something went wrong. If you are the application owner check the logs for more information." How do I fix this? I looked through Canvas settings a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-27-2020 View Solution
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Students are unable to hear audio when audio content is in screen share. Is there a setting or something that should be configured to enable audio content in shared screen mode? #audiocontent

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Streaming video links don't work.Every time I add a link to a module to stream a video students get the following error message and cannot watch the video.  Anyone had a similar issue?  I'd appreciate your suggestions.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can student downloads be tracked in Canvas? I know that the access report can list a download, but can I pull together only the downloads per student? As example if I have 80 students and 20 documents capable of downloading, can a single report pull ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like an Accessible Canvas Template with icons and design elements already implemented.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies

what is my TVIN number or code??

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I embed (or link) a video in My Gallery (course) in an Assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am signed up for a course with Christie's and the modules come up but there are no video links attached. When I click on the section it goes o a blank page. How do I get the video I am on a mac using Safari with a private page.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hola, tengo problemas para reproducir multimedia en canvas, requiero configurar Kartula pero hay campos que no sé de donde obtener, los campos son:Identificador de Configuración KCW UI y Identificador de configuración UploadeAgradecería mucho si algu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

PDF into Canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Buenos días.El motivo de mi mensaje es saber si existe algún plan para personas que imparten cursos y requieran de versiones pro o con más funcionalidades de las cedidas en la versión gratuita. Es decir, quisiera saber si puedo comprar alguna licenci...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The Rich Content Editor Toolbar and HTML button.... I'm having to scroll the page up and down between editing text and am not able to see these changes as I make them.  I have to scroll all the way down to see if I like the changes and then back up. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I unlock the "announcements" button?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I wrote a syllabus and now I can't find it. HELP!!!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I cannot get Canvas to show any indication I am for summer classes. My iphone app indicates that I am enrolled in classes and functions like Canvas normally should. However, on my computer, there are no classes in the dashboard, no documents to open,...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there an option to make comments written about a student's quiz (a writing exam in the Quiz function) invisible to the student = use that feature as a way to communicate confidentially with fellow graders?The box "Let students see their quiz respo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-19-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I want to construct an exam in which part 2 only opens if part 1 has been submitted, and so on, what is the best way to do that? I will have four parts, and want to make sure that my students do not help each other by one student completing and co...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am not able to find my one course on canvas which shows in my timetable.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What activities in the student log during exams could be most suggestive of cheating?Can you simultaneously use Zoom web camera to monitor a group of 35 students while they are taking an exam in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how to go about creating a discussionforum ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students are unable to register. They all report that they fill out the form with code, name, username, but when they click on 'Start learning' nothing happens. I can confirm that the same happens for me. Worked two weeks ago when I tested it.Best...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there some way to ensure that students get a unique set of data from a formula question? As it is I am generating 200 sets of data just to have a 50% chance my 17 students all get unique data. And that's assuming canvas actually generates 200 uniq...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Who is my Customer Success Manager, i am in-charged of Canvas at our Academy but i wasen't part of implementing it. It is <academyname>.instrucure.com so it is hosted and not on-prem.Best regards.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I recover a forum that I submit under the submit tab, I was supposed to click replay to post

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I'm a student and I am unable to close the subject chat window. I'm using Chrome and the chat window takes up the entire page and does not have a minimize button.Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

test

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies