Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Is it possible to see the history of changes in Groups? In particular, I want to know people that were previously members of a Group.

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I delete a student from my class?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you copy an existing rubric so that you can have a second version that you can make minor modifications to and use for the same class? For example, I want the rough draft and final draft of an assignment to have essentially the same rubric, with ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I individually (no school connection) use the free Canvas account and I would like to have Immersive Reader enabled; however, it says I have to have an administrator enable it.  But I don't have an administrator button.  How do I get access?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add my picture in my canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My problem is that I can not navigate the program and find "Part 2" of the course so that I may finish the course. Thanks in advance.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to create an assignment in which the questions asked vary depending on the case selected.  For example: students need to chose between 5 clinical cases.  In the first question they would select the case (1-5) and then the assignment would...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you assign a pdf to students to edit and submit?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Canvas Community,Has anyone figured out an effective way to use Stanford's Measure Of Software Similarity (MOSS) program within Canvas? We are hoping to make it as easy as possible for our CS professors to use this software so perhaps there is an ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am giving timed multiple choice questions on Canvas quizzes.  I often see student submissions marked "late" (their cells are highlighted in blue).  How is it even possible to have a late submission on a Canvas quiz?  Doesn't the system  automatical...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do you get the color overlay off of your Sandbox?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For a C / NC assignments worth 2 points, I'd like to set the C score at 2 and the NC score at 1.Is this possible? If so, how? If not, other suggestions to get a similar result with ease of grading?

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am encountering a problem I did not have in the spring semester....My summer students are submitting their work as .doc, .docx, or .pdf, as I requested.  But I cannot open them.The only submissions I can open are the ones  in "paper view."  I assu...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am in a Spanish class, and just had to take an exam using Proctorio which does not allow you to right click. Right clicking in this class is important because it allows for a pop up keyboard that provides accented letters necessary in the spanish l...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I see the "mark as done" button? I'm on Google Chrome.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to reopen a submitted quiz and allow the student to continue working on it? I have given students additional attempts, but that feature wipes out their work. One of my students was working on a quiz with LockDown Browser and a camera w...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've been taking classes the past few weeks since the "badges" have transferred to the BADGR program.  Although each instructor said there should be a follow up email with each class to "receive" the badge, I have not received any emails.  I have sig...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Q1.How can a student access their previous submission to an assessment? i.e. I had a student submit a completed assessment, and once it was marked and re-opened student said that all her previous answers had disappeared? Is there a way to retrieve th...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, it is any way to generate an automatic report for attendance, we want to see if a user didn't take attendance to sent a remainder to the user. Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to submit proof that my course is in progress and id so how do I get a record? Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is it that when I manually entered my staff into Canvas, my teachers do not have permissions to do anything?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make a video on canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you confirm that a student has posted and replied to another student in Discussions?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Como Colocar um Efeito de explosão de Parabéns Quando o Aluno Conclui um Teste ou Tarefa?How to Put a Happy Birthday Explosion Effect When a Student Completes a Test or Assignment?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a long time Canvas and Speed Grader user. I use the Chrome browser. As of few days ago (June 22, 2020) the Speed Grader stopped working, and displays a constantly mover buffering icon when Speed Grader is opened. I have not made any changes in m...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I edit or delete rubrics from a master course? When I try to I do so through outcomes/manage rubrics, I get the following message "Rubrics cannot be modified once they have been used in more than one place."

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Attempting to import excel spreadsheet into a Module(Class Schedule)  with excel properties

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,I would like to build a course with two colleagues. How do we work on the same course at the same time?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our instructors are giving feedback to students using the DocViewer tool in Speed Grader. When a student views the graded submission, they can see the annotations while viewing the graded assignment in Submission Details. However, when the students g...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies