Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

If you are the application owner check the logs for more information. This is an error message I got when trying to open an assignment I had linked to my google drive

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-30-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Currently, our district's SIS (Synergy) does not "talk with" our LMS (Canvas), so we have to manually transfer grades from Canvas to Synergy. This is especially a pain for quizzes that are automatically graded in Canvas (MC, formula or numeric answer...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to schedule a specific time for a Canvas Conference?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-26-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm attempting to integrate Google drive into my Canvas course and have gotten an error message telling me it's not possible to do so and to check the "logs" for further information. Anyone know how to check the "logs?"Pam

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I remove a home email address from a user that already has an email linked to the school?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have received PowerPoint with voice over files that I converted to video files for practical reason. These has to be reviewed by one colleague. I need to upload these files in CANVAS for viewing by this colleague only. I thought I will be able to u...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In our course we would like to grade students quizzes (exams) with multiple teachers at the same time. We have already found out that it is possible to grades quizzes per question (e.g. first question 1 for all students, then question 2, etc.), but i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do you take attendance in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-31-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm wondering when Canvas is closing out student and teacher access for Orange County public highs schools.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add an observer?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My teacher was uploading an assignment to canvas and her screen went blank so she can not access the data how can we fix it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have looked for information on how to modify the canvas interface, not only of the pages or modules for the courses but the entire interface, the objective is to personalize it as a game so that it can be used by children of no more than 8 y...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am in Speedgrader for an assignment trying to grade an uploaded Google Doc.  This is a new assignment to grade, but when I go to another student’s that was already graded a few weeks ago, I am getting the same message.  I closed out Canvas and went...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I add a profile photo?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have lost a page and its content by removing its link - can I recover it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Copied Courses are somehow linked to one another and changes reflect immediately.  I checked under settings > sections and neither have any cross sections listed.  I am very new to this and we are not allowed in the office and learning on our own, bu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am trying to get the speedgrader pen to work either on a touchscreen or using an external tablet pen.I've seen questions like this before but they have not provided a solution that works for me. I'm trying to use speedgrader to annotate submissions...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-07-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to embed my course syllabus into a Canvas assignment. I have embedded the code and am getting a small document embedded. I've read that the code width and height need to be changed but I am unable to do this. I do not know where to put th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I gave students a choice of topics, and would like to have a different rubric for each topic

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like students to collaborate and build a Google Site (wiki). Is it possible to embed this in Canvas Collaborations in the same way they can collaborate on a slide presentation?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I uploaded a file/pdf document in Canvas for my students. It includes 100 multiple choice questions in addition to a bunch of fill-ins and labeling. I'd like to create an answer key on Canvas for the multiple choice questions instead of giving them a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I get a message in student view and in my created canvas course that something has gone wrong. I am unable to see google drive files that I have placed in my canvas course, and I am unable to access them through my canvas course. When choose Google D...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When grading quizzes in Speed Grader, I can no longer input a score in the box next to the question though I can still input a number in the "fudge" box at the bottom of the screen. Is this a common problem others are experiencing?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I edit an assignment that I posted? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am setting up another set of quizzes for my classes. The first time I did this, one student only looked at the due time and date that was on the home page and thought that was when the quiz started, so she missed the quiz.For my second set of quizz...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm a student and whenever I try to view the google drive submission tab, it says "We're sorry, but something went wrong. If you are the application owner check the logs for more information." How do I fix this? Thanks.Attached is a screenshot of the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I want students to annotate directly on a PDF, how would they do that? Our school does not support any external tools such as Kami. If an external tool is the only way to do it, is there a way I can integrate it, or does it have to come from admin...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I stop a Module from continuing to the next Module? e.g. i have broken my course into 12 discreet lessons corresponding to 12 weeks -- when a student completes one lesson, i would like them to return to the home page and not move to the next m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-25-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello!The google drive submission tab is not working for me and my teachers. It says, "We're sorry, but something went wrong. If you are the application owner check the logs for more information." How do I fix this? I looked through Canvas settings a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-27-2020 View Solution
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Students are unable to hear audio when audio content is in screen share. Is there a setting or something that should be configured to enable audio content in shared screen mode? #audiocontent

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies