Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi, I wondered if it's possible to send out invitations to learners to join Canvas via text?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi,Canvas won't show my profile picture after uploading and cropping. I have deleted all my files, and the images are below 50mb.Thanks for your help.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-21-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm working to create a tool to allow for editing group membership by importing data from a spreadsheet.  I form my teams using external tools, and then I have to manually drag and drop multiple hundred students into individual teams using the Canvas...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't see any content/ assignments on my computer...cant even upload anything, only by my phone/

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Creating dynamic quizzes with Quizzes.next question banksSome of the design decisions in Canvas are absolutely befuddling.  Here is a case-in-point:I want to create dynamic quizzes with questions drawn randomly from several question banks.  This allo...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Discussions - create Disable with Discussions - moderate EnableAt our institution we want to allow teachers to moderate discussions and to create announcements, but in an effort to attain a modicum of order in the discussions we want to disable the a...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Without realizing, I made a teacher's account instead of a student's one. I need that same email for my student's account. Will there be any problem if i continue with this account and go on with the course? Or is there any way to change role?TIA

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to change the default setting on Canvas Conferences so that it doesn't invite all course members automatically? Students who run BBB meetings tend to invite everyone without realising,  this sends a notification to all staff and studen...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Right now it appears my only options are to link my Google Form tests or to retype every test question one by one.  Not sure if I am missing the way to upload these and have them populate.Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I move my grades to a spreadsheet? Right now I am screenshot my class and wasting paper. It would be nice if I could see all students and their graded assignments on one sheet or fewer sheets.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to use Microsoft Teams to communicate with students in Canvas class and would prefer to have meetings within Teams rather than subscribing to Zoom.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have read many of the threads about this topic. The solution seems to be using a different cloud based storage in order to embed a URL to Canvas that automatically opens up. Or provide a hyperlink that can enable a download that can open to be view...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I get a recorded zoom "meeting/lesson" to play on a Canvas Module link?  The recorded session plays just fine on my laptop, but the link in Canvas will not work.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I save video (ECHO 360) files to my laptop? Export video lectures to my laptop?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Everyone,I'm currently making some test on canvas, my issue is I already have an API installed on my instance (with one token), but what would it happen in the case that I want to use a different token for the same API in the same Canvas instance?...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm hoping someone in the community can confirm some behavior related to this guide: How do I view a context card for a student in a course?  View Student OverviewAt the top of the card, you can view overview information about the student:Profile pic...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Will Canvas work for a preschool class???  Our district has directed all grade levels to use Canvas and I am afraid it will not work as well as SeeSaw which is easy to use and gives me that I need to provide online learning for my preschool students.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the training module, my left hand navigation do not seem to have the menu that was featured in the tutorial video.  I am supposed to change my home page and then participate in a discussion.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Canvas community,several instructors at my institution including me have been having trouble uploading/saving media (audio but especially video) comments for feedback. We record and then click Save but it never uploads. The video just sits there w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I recorded a video and saved it and it sais failed to upload media source

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I made quizz with questions from several question bankI find reviewing the work of the student very difficult and time consuming. Specially ofcourse for the essay and upload questions.Is there a way to store the answers for this purpose?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all,  sorry if this was already discussed I didnt see anything.  We want to create a learning resources module that will go in most courses and includes, tips and tricks, study skills and other resources.  Some info would be specific to the course...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As faculty, I want to make a recorded video that will then be on school canvas module for my students. I read the instructions and I dont even know how to get to the RCE page, that has video button ub a tool bar. Where is that? what is that? where do...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! Is there a way to submit an item from a quiz via the testing center thru canvas?  If so could you please walk me through the steps.  Thanks!  @powens8786 ‌

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey guys,While we were testing, accidentally got Canvas LMS Admin user removed from Site Admin account from UI (apparently it's the only admin) . It seems we cannot access Canvas LMS through UI or any of tokens (either Access token or oAuth). Unfortu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I have some students who did a quiz after the due date and I am unable to see their responses, can anyone provide any help?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Shared Content was sent to be as an assignment.  It is waiting to be placed so I go to Account/Shared Content then to the Actions on the right side of that piece of content.  Next, I select the course and under that I select the module...only half of...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What permissions are needed to make api calls? Is everything allowed by Account Admin needed or can we tailor a role?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want my students to use a form that I created in Office365 to answer questions that go with a video. Can I create an assignment with it and then grade it within Canvas?Also, I want to have my students use a PowerPoint template that I have created f...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

During this pandemic, many parents have asked if there is a way they can be notified directly when there child doesn't turn in an assignment. Parents are overwhelmed by the Canvas page as it is and this would be a great asset to have, especially if w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies