Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

to eliminate unnecessary scrolling? I found a previous question about this and someone said they were going to look into it, but it doesn't look like it went anywhere.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Ahoy all,Because my school didn't go the Google Integration route, I'm not finding enough documentation to help me use Office 365 collaborations. Especially for students. There's only information about viewing Collaborations overall and for students ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do i go back to previous assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make my Home page a "front" page?  When I click on "make this page a front page" in pages, it is not highlighted.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to unlock a File or JPG when completing an assignment.I am creating a Module called Powers.  When students complete certain assignments on Canvas certain Power will unlock on their Canvas.  These could be jpg, docs, links to something ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Estimados Les saluda Elías Madrid, formo parte del grupo de trabajo de ESPOL. Esta institución educativa recientemente ha adquirido la plataforma Canvas. Recibí una capacitación de parte de su soporte técnico referente al uso de esta plataforma. Quis...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-31-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why can't students @ mention each other in replies and then get notifications when they are @ mentioned on discussion boards? I want students to (a) not have to subscribe and get 80 notifications when they really need 4 and (b) be able to draw in mul...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-06-2020 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Our K-12 school is looking for a good way to prevent students and parents from downloading proprietary videos and recordings of online classes. So far, we have been recording them through a variety of means and uploading them straight to Canvas, but ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-26-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I'm trying to connect our LTI Advantage app (ChemVantage) in Canvas. Registration seemed to go fine. ChemVantage supports a JWKS server, so the configuration JSON specified the public_jwk_url parameter, not a static key. I can see the app deployed at...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

After building a course, remodeling it, and redesigning it again, it's time to look at the modules and see if they can be moved from MEH to Marvelous. Here is the same module with an attempt at adding action verbs and separated by guiding questions. ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you submit via unicheck?  I have an assignment that will need to be submited today and have no idea how to do that.  There is no submit button to my assignment.  I am okay with technology but do not understand this at all.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Adding students to an existing course

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have successfully given quizzes and copied quizzes.  I've done the latter for students who require extra time for an exam, and/or students who are taking the exam at a different time (i.e. a make-up).  Yesterday I followed the EXACT same procedure ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My Canvas deleted one of my classes off the dashbord and I can no longer see where this class is at

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does a teacher migrate a New Quiz into the Classic Quiz format?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I think the answer is currently no, but wanted to double check with the community before submitting an idea. I have a math teacher that uses the numeric response questions in New Quizzes and wants to be able to use grading notes (like those available...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Ex: when they last logged in

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have heard that Canvas has optional modules available to support social network analysis (SNA).  SNA can be used by instructors to x-ray patterns of participation in online discussion boards.  As a TA/researcher, I painstakingly built SNA matrices ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, how do I save and keep all my quizzes after all the courses are being closed after June 3rd?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i amt trying to load up 3d images, large files, and cannot seem to do so.is it perhaps that the format is not recognised?Many thanksDermot

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi There,I have struggled with this issue for a couple of days and I could not find any solution.I have implemented LTI Advantage (LTI 1.3) and it works like charm. However there is one issue that I am not able to get rid of.In LTI 1.3 we have an opt...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does anyone know how to report on the User Agent strings from students accessing courses please?I'm trying to build a view of which browser/app, devices, and resolutions are being used.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am the course coordinator, can I download collaborate ultra recordings within the Canvas LMS?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I download turnitin quickmarks for use in canvas marking?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I start a new course? My dashboard does not have a button that  says "Start a New Course"

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like to make a self-paced mini-course but where students can't jump around to other pages in the module and don't directly see all the module pages as it could be confusing. I'd like to have a button that says "get started" at the bottom that...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a further step needed?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I load work for a student, into their 'account' for a subject?#submitting assignments

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

SISWhat is SIS? Canvas asks me if I want to enable SIS in assignments. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I set up within a quiz a formula sheet, that student's can access when they need?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies