Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I add a done button to a page

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all-I keep trying to upload a profile pic onto Canvas- but like other comments I have seen here, it selects the image but will not upload no many how many times I try, or leave/refresh the page. I am on MAC and the software is all updated, but I c...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way for Admin to easily block students from courses when they have not made their payment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Many of my teachers subscribe to the Scholastic Classroom Magazines. I am following Scholastic's directions on how to add the LTI integration to Canvas, but having no success. After adding the App with the key, secret, and launch URL per the directio...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I copy a course  to a new semester but not have it referring back to the older course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've added two email addresses to my Profile as an instructor, but still can't get either one to show on my Profile under "Contact"- it says "No registered Services...".  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.Thanks,Dana

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to remove the cartoon characters from the middle of "Reply" page in Discussions?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently took a credit-by-exam for English 2 and I was sent an email an hour ago telling me that it had been graded but when I went to check my grade it said I was no longer in the course and could not view the grade. Does anyone know how I can fin...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking for detailed directions to export a canvas class and import it to a new empty shell

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-21-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I searched that the previous post on this wasn't asking the question I have, so my apologies if someone else has asked this specific thing before. I allow extra credit in each grade category in my course. However, I do not want any grade category to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have one student who is not able to type into the text box for essay questions on a canvas quiz.How can I help him?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to sign up for class URL: https://everettsd.instructure.com/enroll/CKKK3T but I don't where ....to do this!!! can you help?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have an assignment that had a due date time of 11:59 pm.  Canvas says the student turned it in at 1:13 pm the same day, but Canvas also flagged it as late.  I'm thinking they turned it in late but changed the time on their computer so that it would...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am creating a Professional Development course for my District. I need to add curriculum coordinators so we can collaborate in the development of learning opportunities for teachers. How can I do that?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello All,I'm not aware of a built in Live Video option within Canvas. What 3rd Party services have people been using that integrate with Canvas well?YouTube Live, Facebook Live, Zoom, BigBlueButton for examples to mind.Any help and advice would be g...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am an instructor mentor, how can I see the feedback my instructors are providing for students without navigating every assignment in speed grader?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

since canvas updated to rich content editor last week every file I download from canvas is received as a threat by google. how can i stop this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, community!Our provost would like us to consider student badges for Canvas orientation so all faculty can determine if students have attended.Does a student badge attach to the student's profile so it follows in all their course?  I'm not sure ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Students are sure they've submitted their tests, but I don't see their results and they aren't receiving a score.  What's happened?  I've tried refreshing and reloading several times, as well as asking them to do the same.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to have line breaks etc when writing comments in the gradebook?I'm currently grading my students and inserting a comment after I give them a numerical grade and it's quite frustrating that gradebook strips out any breaks or paragraphs ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

When I give a quiz and have students with extra time for accommodations, I set their time up separately in the details section of the quiz. Do I still need to go to moderate quiz and add extra time to the attempt? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When using the SIS export, I only get users.  The files for all others (terms, sections, courses, etc) are empty.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been asking for over a week for Canvas to please open up the chat function on my teacher edition trial course.I have experienced absolutely no "movement" on this issue.How in the world can the company expect me to give a favorable report to my...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I wondered if it's possible to send out invitations to learners to join Canvas via text?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi,Canvas won't show my profile picture after uploading and cropping. I have deleted all my files, and the images are below 50mb.Thanks for your help.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-21-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm working to create a tool to allow for editing group membership by importing data from a spreadsheet.  I form my teams using external tools, and then I have to manually drag and drop multiple hundred students into individual teams using the Canvas...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't see any content/ assignments on my computer...cant even upload anything, only by my phone/

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Creating dynamic quizzes with Quizzes.next question banksSome of the design decisions in Canvas are absolutely befuddling.  Here is a case-in-point:I want to create dynamic quizzes with questions drawn randomly from several question banks.  This allo...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Discussions - create Disable with Discussions - moderate EnableAt our institution we want to allow teachers to moderate discussions and to create announcements, but in an effort to attain a modicum of order in the discussions we want to disable the a...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Without realizing, I made a teacher's account instead of a student's one. I need that same email for my student's account. Will there be any problem if i continue with this account and go on with the course? Or is there any way to change role?TIA

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies