Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi!I'm wondering if it is possible to have selective enrollment on a public course. Meaning that all of the course's contents would be public with exception to a few (e.g. conferences, quizzes, selected pages), which could be defined by different stu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I am wondering if anyone can help here. I have posted an idea (https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/16917-gradebook-should-automatically-flag-turnitin-submissions-using-the-missing-and-late-statuses ) which has been approved (twice), but still sh...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello Canvas community,I am a music teacher using this system for the first time. The conferences are generally successful with my students except for one important feature: When I share my screen with my students and we look at music software and mu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

#Hi Dr. C I tried many time to install JMP via UAB onedrive but I couldnot found the software once I login to the onedrive.Could you please help me.Thank you,Warm regardsShah

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I update from the free Canvas Instructure to the premium version? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Recently, because of lockdown in our country, we have had to use canvas for online exams of 440 students at a time. Is ti advisable to lock answers after each question for exams with this many students per class? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do I add assignments to modules I've created?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have just used a quiz and marked the quiz using speed grater.I would like to generate a printout of all students and a mark for each question they have undertaken for that quiz along with a total.For example:                        Q1   Q2   Q3  To...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Quiero cambiar mi correo electrónico? cómo se puede hacer eso?Este mensaje ha sido traducido usando Google Translate.I want to change my email? how can you do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Where can I find a listing of all the hex color codes for example #e2e2e2 for light gray

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was going through the process of creating a JWT access token to use for the subscriptions webhook API described in this link: JWT Access Tokens for LTI2 Tools - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation I have signed the JWT but for the final step, I need ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm wanting students to peer review a program plan (uploaded as a document) in Canvas assignment portal but using Google form as the evaluation resource. Is there a way for the student to upload the Google link in the peer review or does it have to b...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I installed Canvas on my own server wanting to learn more about it. When I try to upload a file i get this error. I have no problem however attaching files to discussion threads and those files show up in "My Files" but in a un-named folder. There is...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

While trying to access the QR code for a self hosted instance we receive the following error:doFetchApi received a bad response: 404 Not FoundWho could point me in the right direction.Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-19-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How can I link my USA Learns class to Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to have your homepage change automatically? I'd like to have a "go to the current module" button on the homepage that changes every Friday at noon automatically. So I would set up one homepage to have the button link to the overview fo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know of a course for My Perspective's 7th grade ELA curriculum?First time user and I am trying not to recreate the wheel. Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to know the length of a students paper with speed reader

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible for students to award points to other students in competency areas? For example, if Student A sees that Student B makes a good comment about "Subject Matter 1," Student A could award a point to the "Subject Matter 1" competency to Stud...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I export content of a course to another course that is with a different Canvas account (between two different institutions)?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I copy an image from a Google Doc into an announcement?  In Brightspace, these copied and pasted with just a right click.  So easy!  Do I have to actually save each image to copy into Canvas? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have 2 quizzes in my course (the last 2) that will not allow me to add points to the open ended questions or change points on the multi-choice questions as needed. This is the last 2 quizzes out of 12 for the semester. The other quizzes were fine. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Quizzes/EssaysHello, Is it possible to have a tool  bar for editing timed essays in Quizzes, similar to editing essays in assignments?  Currently there is only a box for comments, rather than specific parts of the essay.Or, another option is to put a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

CANVAS is showing Instructor (me) and students their grades based only on the work they did and isn't factoring in work they failed to do.  So if they did one out of ten assignments and got a B on the one assignment they did, they'll see a B as their...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My goal: Export quiz results to Google Sheets, manipulate the data in Google Sheets to create graphs and charts. Use the same Google Sheets structure to display data from future quizzes.The issue: The response count shown in canvas for each question ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I feel the question bank design in Canvas requires substantial rehauling .Exporting and reusing the questions in the bank is very complicated and very difficult to grasp.I would prefer a sticky question bank (in my account) that is always available w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to grade a "quiz" which contains 1) automatically graded t/f and multiple choice questions and 2) essay questions. It isn't allowing my to enter the points for each discussion response. I'm not finding anything helpful in the guides. Any t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A teacher asked me the following question, "I have fifty multiple choice questions on a doc. How can I input them into a canvas quiz without having to enter each question and every answer choice separately? Will take forever. I want to be able to sh...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-19-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some of the assignments turned in by my students have the grading tools in the bar above, some do not? Which format has the tools? How do I change them all to have the tools available?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I am using SpeedGrader, some versions of papers that students submit have all of the grading tools in the bar above them, others don't.  How can I transfer papers to the correct format so the tools are available?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies