Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is it possible to give all submitted assignments, including discussions, the same grade automatically, but leave the incomplete submissions blank?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I was wondering whether you could please guide me as to how I can set itup so that the results from an Education Perfect test download directly into canvas marks section?Thank youAngela

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have to learn this new platform and I am on Growing with Canvas. I have uploaded my picture, I went to notifications , but everything is already filled out. I am not going to put in my cell number or my personal email account. Now I have to submit ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've received a few complaints from instructors about the Canvas inbox filters. Specifically, the inability to set their inbox to only show incoming messages for a course or courses during the semester they are currently teaching. While in the inbox,...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

It won't load for me to do my work

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to screen share an a interactive PowerPoint presentation during a conference in which the viewer is able to actively move an item on the PowerPoint slide to an indicated location?Thank you for any information that you can provide!Joy

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to import modules from one class to another?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I registered this morning for the classes I plan to take and was wondering how long it takes for them to show up? I am referring to the Canvas Dashboard and the list of all classes because they have not shown up in either.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get a banner on my home page for canvas course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't want the students' edits to change the orginal presentation.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I insert Flipgrid into Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm putting together a quick guide for our faculty when they are trying to decide whether to use quizzes or assignments for tests with essay questions. Is there anything else you might include in this chart?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I tried "compose a message" in my inbox, but it only allows me to message everyone in the section. I am wondering how I can message individual instructor or student. Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I move older courses out of the way?  They are cluttering new course tiles. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!I have two cross-listed courses that teach the same material - just with two different course numbers. Is is possible to merge these two Canvas courses to avoid always having to post everything twice?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I actually use WAMAP, which is the Washington State precursor (think "beta" or "pilot") to MyOpenMath (MOM), but still its own, fully functioning entity, so the issue would be the same as if I were using MOM...I have one student in one class for whom...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

hello I can't open the VidGrid on my computer, it keeps telling me attempting auto-login. After I click here to complete login, it will refresh the website and not bring me in the course. anyone can help? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a student in a teaching online certification class.  I want to be able to enable student view of certain items on the dashboard that are now disabled.  Can you point me in the right direction?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The grades I'm posting on the speedgrader do not show up in my gradebook.  Does anyone know why? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I didnt now there was 2 different spots to download my labs and i finished all my labs, why cant i get any credit on my labs? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Anyone having issues with Conference recordings not appearing? I've used this terrific feature for several years with no issues, so when students told  me last Monday's recording wasn't up, I thought I'd failed to hit the record button. Possible! I'm...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all,I was wondering if it was possible to customize the links one sees on top of the screen when navigating through course content. For example, is there a way to hide the "Pages" deep link in the below image?Thanks for your time and help!Lane 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Remove an assignment from the grade book.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I am wanting to make the switch from Google Classroom to a teacher Canvas account. The only thing holding me back is linking tasks with ASSISTments. I have been struggling for a few days and I have added the app, but it seems like it will only wo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can you copy content/modules from one sandbox to another?  Many thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've created an assignment for students to submit (Online > Website URL & Media Recordings) a recording of work using either Screencastify or the Recording feature in Canvas. Students then submit the assignment pasting the URL to YouTube. In SpeedGra...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can you submit multiple files under one assignment? If so, how??

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why are images not appearing in my class?  I have a MacBook Pro.  It is less than a year old and is updated-OS Catalina 10.15.4.  I am using Safari.  I attached a picture of what I see when I log on to my class in Canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Canvas Conferences (bigbluebutton) have virtual background options like Zoom? I'd prefer to use Canvas, but the lack of virtual backgrounds is very nearly a deal breaker. I don't want my students to have to reveal the private details of their li...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-08-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like to know if it is possible to incorporate ZIPGRADE in giving quizzes to my students enrolled in CANVAS? Thanks in advance for answering. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies