Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I've created an assignment for students to submit (Online > Website URL & Media Recordings) a recording of work using either Screencastify or the Recording feature in Canvas. Students then submit the assignment pasting the URL to YouTube. In SpeedGra...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can you submit multiple files under one assignment? If so, how??

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why are images not appearing in my class?  I have a MacBook Pro.  It is less than a year old and is updated-OS Catalina 10.15.4.  I am using Safari.  I attached a picture of what I see when I log on to my class in Canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Canvas Conferences (bigbluebutton) have virtual background options like Zoom? I'd prefer to use Canvas, but the lack of virtual backgrounds is very nearly a deal breaker. I don't want my students to have to reveal the private details of their li...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-08-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like to know if it is possible to incorporate ZIPGRADE in giving quizzes to my students enrolled in CANVAS? Thanks in advance for answering. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Conference Class, which is it that the Title of the Conference class, Time and Date does not automatically appear or included in the downloaded class attendance? Only the names of the logged-in students appear in the attendance sheet. Canvas, plea...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know this is a very simple question....I am trying to reply to a thread for the welcome module in my class. Last semester there was a reply button that you pushed which would then create space for you to write your submission. I can not figure out ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have to manually publish the quizzes each week for the students, even after setting the available and due times under the quiz settings.  I have just been making new quizzes and setting the date and times for them to be done, but do not have them u...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I was attempting to do some coursework on my Texas Teachers website under Canvas. It will not allow me to logon? I had a class at Texas State University that used Canvas and I have a logon for that class. However, that logon will not work nor will th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why does student get error when trying to submit picture or video?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do you add a TA to a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you publish quizzes without showing the answers.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I recorded a Canvas Conference.  Is there anyway to see how many students saw the recording?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to delete a file I have uploaded to my course. How do I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a Blueprint course associated with 11 Associate courses, included one Test course that we use for testing purposes.  Is it possible to sync only with the Test course?  We are testing something and don't want it in the other 11 Associate course...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I have a teacher who has received a guest ERNA account to participate in a Canvas course. In this course we have several sections for teachers to graduate from a trajectory. However, everytime to try to add him to the course Canvas states that ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to set up the online final exam. I wish to schedule the final exam for May 25, 2020. When I attempt to do so, I receive the error, "Due date cannot be after term end."Because I'm at a remote campus, our semester ends a week or so after th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Where do I find Rich content editor

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Assigning Sections in Bulk within a Course Within a course I have multiple sections which manage the start and end dates of when students do a particular course. For example on the course "Accounting", which we run for ten week intervals throughout t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When is will summer registration begin? How do I register for a summer class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I know that several people had/have the same concern as I have and I have religiously read all the comments and replies in the community where it is mentioned that it may take up to 24 hours to have the recording, but it's nearly 5 days that I...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi!I'm wondering if it is possible to have selective enrollment on a public course. Meaning that all of the course's contents would be public with exception to a few (e.g. conferences, quizzes, selected pages), which could be defined by different stu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I am wondering if anyone can help here. I have posted an idea (https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/16917-gradebook-should-automatically-flag-turnitin-submissions-using-the-missing-and-late-statuses ) which has been approved (twice), but still sh...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello Canvas community,I am a music teacher using this system for the first time. The conferences are generally successful with my students except for one important feature: When I share my screen with my students and we look at music software and mu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

#Hi Dr. C I tried many time to install JMP via UAB onedrive but I couldnot found the software once I login to the onedrive.Could you please help me.Thank you,Warm regardsShah

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I update from the free Canvas Instructure to the premium version? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Recently, because of lockdown in our country, we have had to use canvas for online exams of 440 students at a time. Is ti advisable to lock answers after each question for exams with this many students per class? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do I add assignments to modules I've created?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies