Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Our school would like to try using the program assessment tools. I reached out to our Canvas admin asking to set-up a program assessment. They made a course for the program assessment, but I am not sure if that is how this is supposed to work. I do n...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I made a storyline project, exported as 2004 and put the link on a lms. Can I then take the link and add it to an assignment page so that the scorm information would report back? or is the only option to zip my storyline project and upload the zipped...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In my Health and PE online class, my I am attaching a pdf file and submitting the assignment, however my teacher sees it as a comment and is unable to open the file. Why is this happening?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do my students upload homework?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello.I use Google Slides embedded to Pages in Canvas, and it works just fine. This year I am adding short audio clips to some slides, but my students need to require access each time they click the button. Is there a work around on that?Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This message is specifically for those of you who are Canvas Admins.  NYC Mayor Bill DeBlasio has just announced that NYC public schools will be having "Blended Learning" as part of their instruction.  Some students will attend school several days a ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

try to put in canvas playposit and it ask for consumer key could not install the app 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Process for uploading media - Is there a reason why the progress bar has disappeared when you are uploading media?  It was helpful to see how much longer was needed to complete the upload - now the rectangle where the video will go in the module page...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi just registered for a new account and I will be setting up shells for myself and the other instructors in the adult special ed. field that we are in. I think when I created my account I did not put myself down as administrator so how do I change m...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

what id the difference between adding someone as view only vs and observer? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a student who would like to hide my email address that is displayed by the app when using "All People" to show the student names and then selecting my name. Hypothetical example: the app displays "Jane D." and under that in small type JaneDoe@gm...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone!My students are submitting tests with blank answers. Is there any setting that I can change to make it impossible for the student submit an incomplete work? I was thinking on something like Google Forms, where you can set the question ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach IB and making rubrics for each class is very time consuming.  Is there an easier way to 'duplicate' or 'copy to' the other courses?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Will there be a Canvas beginners' training for new users who are teachers, educators, lecturers, etc., to guide us on how to make the best out of this tool?  somewhen (in a near future)/somewhere (online or IRL) ; Thanks in advance !

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I have a student who needs to see the whole course.  Our course stops candidates opening the next module before answering the quiz on the previous module.  How do I turn this off so they can access the whole course?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to make the points total show on individual Grades pages. Things worked precisely as I wanted them during the Spring semester, but I can't get the same information in my Summer course. I have screenshots below.I have compared the settings...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I am wondering how am I able to create a course? It is not an option on my dashboard? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Have access to all Canvas pages but for some reason my gradebook will not load for any of my groups??Anybody experienced this before?Many thanks Adrian 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a student who is trying to access the modules in the specific learning area I have uploaded information to the Module but she is not able to access it This is what i see and can edit in the moduleShe however cannot see this visual arts module ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not allowed to edit or delete my discussions. How do I change that setting so that I can edit, add, or delete if need be?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello community.We're having a lot of difficulty with one thing in particular in our use of Canvas, since switching from our old system:We take a team-based approach to facilitating learning and assessments with our studentsTherefore at different tim...

Partner Partner
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi All,I got informed from 1 of the trainer saying that He graded an assessment for all students which was set up as a quiz. The assessment has 2 attempts, when he grade the 2nd attempt, 80% of the student submission says "This student does not have ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am losing hanging indents from my references page when I upload a google doc to canvas.  How can I fix this?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm an instructor who is changing jobs/districts and now need to migrate my private account to a school account. I'm not sure how to do this. Can someone possibly point me in the right direction?I have multiple tests and question banks I'd like to mi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have gone on to admin, then my site, then developer keys, then Inherited, but nothing is there.

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I make "To Do Assignments" in Canvas go away?  The deadline for submissions is way past due, semester is over, no new submissions,  and most assignments are graded with very few used for rough drafts that I don't plan to grade.  This is from a...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am enrolled in e-services, but I don't see my class?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to add comments for fellow instructors but NOT show them to the student.  I can do this by pausing grade reporting, but that also obviously doesn't give students a grade which I do want to do.In Blackboard, there were two different types...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

helloi have a class in cluster 1 , with Melanie but i cant access to my class via link

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to make a google site for my parents to quickly get info on class. Is there a way to share the calendar of just ONE class rather than share my entire calendar? Right now, it seems when I get the calendar URL it is for all of my calendars.Thank...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies