Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello -I have a rather complicated sounding idea that I was trying to implement, but haven't been able to. I want to generate custom links for students either in a quiz or an assignment that would take them to a data page for an online lab. I want st...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The old gradebook function of changing assignments that weren't submitted to zero is not there, what is the process to accomplish this now?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can only see half the box plots of my class grades. Is there a way I can see all the plots?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to give my 5 page final in Canvas in the Quiz section.  This way I can create a password for them which I will give out on zoom in the beginning of the exam.  I will only have one question on the "Quiz".  It will be where they will downl...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I remove a Test Student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to use audio.png for an assignment.  I need to upload an audio.  I cant get it to work.  I use an Apple computer.  Can you help me.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating a quiz in canvas that uses pictures or an images as part of the question. Some students do not see the image while others can. How do you make sure everyone sees the pictures? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I log into my canvas on my chrome browser and it gives me some tabs and information, but for example when I click on dashboard it doesn't bring up any information but has the copyrights sign like how you would at the bottom of the page. I don't reall...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm not sure if I can explain my question or not, but I'll try:Can Assignments that are worth 2-3 points each, be placed in TABS within one module?  For example, I have 8 Assessments for a Reading Assignment.  Each Assessment is worth 2-3 points.  Th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have to build 3 different courses (each with multiple modules). How can I build those at the same time? OR do I have to build them each individually? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add appointments in canvas?  I have tried to do it several times. However, it does not save.  There are already appointments scheduled for weekly appointments by another instructor and I have tried to adjust the times.  Those appointments ha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Buenas tardes!Quiero saber si hay forma de imprimir las preguntas con sus respuestas de los exámenes realizados en Canvas.GraciasAtentamenteRicardo Fernández del BustoTranslation from Google Translate:Good afternoon!I want to know if there is a way t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I download fully annotated papers from Speedgrader?   Some annotations come through, others don't.  The URLs below will show you an example of one of my student's papers as it displays in Speedgrader and and as it is downloaded and as I would lik...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I really need some help here. ASAP!!!!! I've been recording conferences and they are not available for my students to watch. It is making my teaching impossible..... I need some guidance PLEASE!!! I really do not want to migrate to another platform a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I pull up a students writing assignment in CANVAS?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I found the guide to attach course content (like a PDF) to the classic quiz:https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26292-how-do-i-link-course-content-to-a-quiz-question But is there a way to do the same on the New quizzes?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiI set up a quiz mixture of multiple choice and essay style questions. When the students submitted the quiz I was unable to review their responses on Speed Grader. Instead got a message stating:'This student has submitted the assignmentThis student'...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I created a timed assessment in Canvas using Proctorio, and one of my students was unable to take the assessment during the allotted time. I rescheduled the assessment for a different time and assigned it only to the single student. Apparently, this ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What alert will students receive when I mute an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

when I upgraded my canvas-lms to release/2020-05-09.27-13328-gf4dc8f7The fonts of other categories are normal, and the font will change as soon as you enter the course

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

why does canvas keep submitting tests/quizzes when I haven't pressed to start it. I would only click on the tab to see what it says then exit it out to do it later. then the next day it says it submitted at 6 AM when I wasn't even on canvas at the ti...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

how do I view student work on the discussion board by individual without having to read through everything?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I create a student group so I can grade essays.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I reverse gradebook changes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I customize my Home Page so I can move on from 2.9?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I allow multiple file submissions to an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

the little 'eye' keeps showing up in various places on my canvas .usually i did not put it there ... but how do i get rid of it

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is it possible to add templates and allow students to type or write on top of the template and then submit it to the teacher?  If so, how?  I work with 2nd graders on chromebooks and I am having a hard time seeing how Canvas will work for my young le...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

why are my grades hidden?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have Flipgrid integrated into Canvas.  But for each assignment, 2-5 student videos do NOT show up in speedgrader or on the Grades page showing something is submitted.  However their videos are on the actual grid.   Does anyone know why this is happ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 12 Replies