Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

In a conference, how do I communicate with all breakout rooms at the same time? E.g. when I want to send the same message to all rooms. So far I've only been able to contact each room separately. Thanks.Jeroen

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-14-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi,I have completed all the items in this list but they still show due. Is that expected?I ask since one item shows as completed.Regards,Amit.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, can't insert my name in IDG, only timeslots. What I am doing wrong? please help me

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When editing my settingings in profile (How do I change the settings in my user account as an instructor?), why can I not see the fields "Pronouns" or "Default Email"? Is this why my "Contact" field is blank in my profile? I have entered and confirme...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I resubmit an assignment on Turnitin? (I have the option of resubmission of 3 times for my assignment)

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,we have a LTI 1.1 tool for Canvas, and we want to do some load tests using JMeter. Something like, time access with a bunch of simultaneous users.Someone has tried this before? Some advises, best practices? There is something special we should...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I teach a Boolean Algebra / Digital Logic course and I just know some students are going to fail to follow my directions for how to format it to make Canvas recognize the answer. Is there an option to mark a question so that if it is marked wrong it ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are trialing the Single Sign on feature for Canvas.Has someone has success using Google/ Microsoft authentication in DoE schools?Please feel free to suggest.Thanks,A Thapa

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Situation:Students take 2 versions of the same exam. I upload the exams from a sand box. Once I upload the exams, students take them and the grade appears in the grade book, no problem...Here is my dilemma. I went back to the same shell and renamed t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Fiz a conta dos os dados errados, preciso desativar e não sei como.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What's the best way to create a blog in e-portfolio?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have all sorts of content in both of these. My current course shells have both disabled. How do I enable them as an instructor?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why do I have to hit enter twice in speed graded in order for the new points to be added?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there an easy way to copy and paste or something like that for the rubric scoring.  I'd like to put in the same scoring all the way down the rubric rather than have to write it in every time for every row   #Rubric

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

# Numerous lines of the student's submission was blanketed with yellow highlight accidentally.  I'd like to undo/remove the hightlights --since they do not reflect anything, and were applied accidentally.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can the instructor edit or delete recurring events in the Calendar? I think it is a very important feature to efficiently use calendar.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I am try to add a grade column.Don't why it didn't import, How can I add it to my grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I assign points to all assignments, for a total of 275 points, 70 of which are points for attendance.I would like to see the total number of points achieved by each student at the end of the course, but I'm just getting a percentage in the Assignment...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We know when attending Canvas Conferences, faculty and staff can gain invaluable information.What does your institution recommend for new users to Canvas then follow-up years:Development/ Prep for Canvas Going Live:Max number of people?Max cost?Justi...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Student reports:  I submitted the Module 5 assignment on 5/10 an, but just noticed it is no longer there. I resubmitted this same assignment on 5/13 at 7:53 a.m.Question:  Can the instructor verify the submission attempts, in Canvas, as reported by t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,My name is Mohammad Hamzah and I am studying MSC in international business, Actually yesterday I was unable to submit my finance  assignment before 2 p.m due to my internet connection problems so, is there anyway I can submit my assignment today o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

course‌Hi,I'm attempting to create a course using this api from within Postman: POST /v1/accounts/{account_id}/courses Request JSON{ "course": { "name" : "API Development Test in Postman Term Test", "course_code" : "1", "start_at" : "2020-09-27T11:43...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In this remote teaching format, my institution will be auditing instructor Canvas hours to ensure that we are meeting our  contractual student contact hours.  I'd like to know what specific Canvas activities are tracked to derive at the hours that I ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I recorded a 2.5 minute video, in an announcement in Canvas. I titled and saved it and it displayed in the announcement. But, when I clicked on edit, to edit some of the typed content, the video disappeared. And, I can't find it anywhere - this...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Please help !!!!i need help with the google doc. link every time that click on the link it says access denied . and that  i have to request permission . i created a google accuse for this same reason . can anyone please tell me what i am doing wrong ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trying to enbed a video into a Canvas discussion

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having an issue being able to update a Nearpod link on a module.  Any ideas when it flashes that the link needs to be updated, but will not let you edit the assignment because it flashes back to the module list?  This screen literally lasts for ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I teach a technical education program at a hospital. I've registered for the free version of Canvas. I didn't find any type of limitations on the free version. How does the free version differ from a paid version? Can I actually us it for an actual c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What is Turnitin?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A student is posting inappropriate comments while on Canvas. What can be done by the Canvas Administrator for that school?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies