Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Ex: when they last logged in

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have heard that Canvas has optional modules available to support social network analysis (SNA).  SNA can be used by instructors to x-ray patterns of participation in online discussion boards.  As a TA/researcher, I painstakingly built SNA matrices ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, how do I save and keep all my quizzes after all the courses are being closed after June 3rd?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i amt trying to load up 3d images, large files, and cannot seem to do so.is it perhaps that the format is not recognised?Many thanksDermot

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi There,I have struggled with this issue for a couple of days and I could not find any solution.I have implemented LTI Advantage (LTI 1.3) and it works like charm. However there is one issue that I am not able to get rid of.In LTI 1.3 we have an opt...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does anyone know how to report on the User Agent strings from students accessing courses please?I'm trying to build a view of which browser/app, devices, and resolutions are being used.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am the course coordinator, can I download collaborate ultra recordings within the Canvas LMS?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I download turnitin quickmarks for use in canvas marking?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I start a new course? My dashboard does not have a button that  says "Start a New Course"

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like to make a self-paced mini-course but where students can't jump around to other pages in the module and don't directly see all the module pages as it could be confusing. I'd like to have a button that says "get started" at the bottom that...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can I load work for a student, into their 'account' for a subject?#submitting assignments

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

SISWhat is SIS? Canvas asks me if I want to enable SIS in assignments. 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I set up within a quiz a formula sheet, that student's can access when they need?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was wondering if there was a way to colour the different aspects in a module as above. So that at a glance students could have a visual cue as to were they are expected to upload or complete assignments.Just a thought.

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Where do I find the results of an input survey?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to make groups of assignments

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi al. How can I copy a Word doc with images into a Canvas discussion? All formatting and images disappear. Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an assignment document that I want my students to download, complete, and then upload to be graded. To ensure that each student does their own work, I would like the document to be assigned a unique filename suffix each time it is downloaded b...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The assignment upload facility is used for both assignments and tests/exams. In the case of an exam, can I prevent students from downloading their submissions, once submitted? This is necessary because, in a busy semester, not all students will write...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When students are trying to submit a google cloud assignment they get this message.  What am I doing wrong?

• 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Can teachers poll their students and get results from a class vote?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Howdy! I have designed a new homepage and when I make it my new 'front page' part of the last column of buttons is cut off. I know it has to do with the table the buttons are in and because the course stream and course navigation eat into the width a...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello!Where can I find the confetti feature? 

• 2 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Is there a way to assign a pdf worksheet so the students can type on it? I can get the assignment to open for each individual student to see, but I am not sure how they can edit the pdf.  My students are using chromebooks.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our school has moved away from percents and letter grades to standards-based grading. We report out on an integer scale (0-8), with each number representing a level toward mastery.  These are not "points" and do not add up or translate to a letter gr...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For quizzes that have both machine-scored (multiple choice etc.) and manually-scored (written) questions, it seems that Canvas automatically posts the student scores as if they scored 0 on the written portion, prior to me grading those questions.  I ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I delete old comments from my students work?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Apparently, yesterday I was putzing with courses and had some of them "turned off" in Calendar. As a result, I missed two meetings that students had booked with me through the system because I didn't see them. I understand wanting to keep class event...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies