Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I can't open the syllabus on canvas, it says I need an updated browser. I am using the school's chrome book to do the online course. I can't update the browser.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We had over 400 students take a quiz. 12 of them needed to retake the quiz because they had valid internet issues. I went into the quiz and assigned these students another date and time to take the quiz, but all of the results of the first quiz for a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to be able to reorder my student discussion posts sometimes to be most recent and not just the first one that was posted. If it's not possible maybe that could be an added feature. Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I sort papers submitted anonymously in an Assignment into the existing section groups, so that each TA can read their own students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

my teacher keeps uploading assignments and they are not showing up on my page I refreshed it turned off my computer and nothing is working what am I supposed to do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I upload a video using Rich Editor

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-16-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Previously, when the due date/time elapsed for a quiz, the student could not access it (I could reset it for them if I chose). Now, however, I am finding late submissions are just being accepted. How do I change this function back to the way it was?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Where do I find the rich content editor?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-10-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Copying Quizzes:UGH, I don't even know where to start . . .So, I copied a quiz to the same class so that I could take an exam and it down to 2 quizzes.I copied, then opened up the copy, and began editing it. Renamed it, rewrote it, then assigned it.A...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am trying to start a new course online and after I log in and click on my module nothing happens but a blank screen.  It works fine on my phone app, however it is hard to read slides.  Am I missing a step on my computer?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I ensure comments in comments box is not visible to student? The eye with the line through it is on but the students is still receiving the comments before I post the grades. comment received by the student has a red asterisk by it. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have created a group discussion and the team leader has submitted the solution to the questions in each group. when I use the Speedgrader, I see all students in the course rather than groups! All non-leader students don't have a solution posted of ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Canvas,I'd like to edit my students submissions directly when I am marking them by adding comments, strikethroughs and adding words. I can't see how I can type directly on their assignment submissions to do this unless I download the files, conv...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you add a question group in “new quizzes” ?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Recommendations and or adviseCourse Content and Syllabus for Computer Technology 100

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Course syllabus 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Instead of building in the sandbox, I built the course directly. I want to save a copy to the sandbox, for safekeeping. How might I do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to get to canvas Sec 2 for Aging and Society to get to the students papers for their Myth Paper and forgot how to find the papers submitted so I can grade them -  help!Vivian

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A grade I have entered is faded and will not show up in the chart

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to download the action log of a quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is Unicheck a free plagiarism checker?  And if so, how much does it cost to change to Turnitin or some other checker?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I haven't received a invitation to my new class. I enrolled late i'm sure that why. Can you please help? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,Please incorporate Latex into the editor.  It would be very helpful.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hello, I am a TA for a course at my university with instructor privilages. I was wondering how I can go about providing extended the time on an exam for a single student due to accomodations, without changing the time frame the rest of the students h...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to weight 4 assignments and have the total calculate the grade.  All grades are in percentages.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The subject I teach requires to include question asking to draw diagrams.  Canvas text editor does not include any drawing tools. Also I use 'Lock Down Browser' during online exam / quiz. This means drawing on a local application and then upload imag...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I scan a student quiz using Turnitin.com?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-07-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have an assignment in Canvas that is hidden.  How do I unhide the assignment so it shows to the student as graded?Jeff

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

#twitterfeedI am creating a course and I need to paste twitter feed in my course. How should i do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

From what I see, you can only pull all the questions and not specific questions. I thought filtering by metadata would allow this.  The reason I am trying to do this instead of separate banks is simply organization. It’s much easier to have a bank fo...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies