Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I am trying to transfer my course documents from my google drive.  I read how to use the Bulk upload but in the steps it doesn't explain how to select (highlight) all of the files from one folder to upload.  I have tried using my desktop files and I ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I noticed this in the quiz log.  What is the algorithm that Canvas is using to give me this information?  Is it no keyboard activity for a certain amount of time? How long?  Is it opening up another window on the device?  Please explain how this is d...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I wondering why all of a sudden at my work computer I am unable to have a normal screen when I click to get into canvas. I have huge black symbols that come up? I have never had this before? Is there something I need to update? Jess Drees 

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'm currently doing an exam in canvas. Just want to ask, Is it possible to create this type of exam in the canvas:1. Right minus 1/4 wrong. No answer = no minus points but if you answer it wrong minus 1/4 points.2. Can do random question exams to eac...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear sir/madamSince Monday I don't have access to all my subjects as I only receive some subjects in my calendar.  From today, I cannot open my calendar, dashboard and announcements which resulted in my not being able to attend my classrooms.I have u...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you input a "matching" quiz or test into canvas? I'm confused with the left and right blanks when trying to input

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A students was able to log on to Canvas the first week, but now cannot.  I am new to this. What should she do? Thank you.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our district recently purchased Canvas for K-12.  I use it at my university for a reading course I teach.  I've set up the modules by week.  I'm not sure I'd like to do it this way for my middle school math courses.  What do you prefer:  Setting up y...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any way I can use only my outlook to email students instead of going to canvas each time?

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is it possible to 'merge' or 'export' grades from several courses (same students in all of the courses) into one common spreadsheet?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to enter equations as answers for fill in the blank questions?  I am creating quizzes for my math students and I have made several multiple choice items, but I also want to include questions where the students type in their responses r...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I click on a Link I insert, why doesn't it work?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How we can download assignment submission times in Excel format - it would be very useful if that can be done for all students enrolled in the course.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can someone please tell me how to upload my Essay Assignment into turnitin for plagiarism checks

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, we are using prerequisites within modules to lock certain content but wondered if there was any way in which these prerequisites could be removed at a given point, opening up the content to those who didn't engage with the other modules.  I know ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In modules, I would like to have a text box for Semester 1 and then have my weekly modules appear under this text box.  How can I do this?  So far I can only add text boxes within modules.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to schedule a conference for Canvas groups?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am not able to write my exam because I keep on getting logged out every minute and I have lost out on writing two exams already.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone else use American Education Reaches Out (AERO) Standards as your primary standards? If so, has  anyone created a .csv file to import AERO Standards to use as outcomes? I reached out directly to the AERO Project Director and was told that ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I change a Course Name?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My email has been hacked and I need to change it on canvas. Someone deleted all my Modules from Texas teachers. I reached out to Texas teachers, but they were not helpful. I can't change it on my profile. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to add a Reflection page that students can access and record their progress throughout the Module.  Is there a way to create an on-going assignment that keeps their previous answers and allows them to add new comments?Thanks in advance for you...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am taking classes from both LACC and ELAC. Both are online courses, obviously. Will I find both classes on one canvas account even though they are from different schools? 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a MacBook Air 11 in late 2010 (version 10.12.6). I'm using Safari (version 10.1.2). I can't see any of my courses or content. I can only see the left margin with the options to click from. Once I click on the options, the page is white without...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello fellow CANVAS users, I am in the middle of an online summer session and have had some problems with cheating.  I am using the Canvas as a LMS and there is an option to choose “Video Log”  as an option.  This shows if students switch off the scr...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I attach a photo from my computer on a discussion post? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am grading my class completing SITXMGT001 - Monitor Work Operations. I need help with the following 2 questions in the case study as most students are getting these wrong and there are no calculations in the answers. Please advise me of the calcula...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My lobos dashboard won't load on my laptop only on my phone. Any suggestions on why that is?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I set up my home page for my course, for example in the Air conditioningIalready have a background picture

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies