Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I get a Quiz to not count in the Gradebook?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-12-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there,One of the courses in canvas is gone! Sandbox just disappeared on my teams dashboard. Not sure how this happened. Is there a way to get it back??Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I integrated with WileyPLUS in the past, any assignments I created with a Deep Integration would have a matching Canvas Gradebook Column automatically created.  These assignments are all created and housed on the WileyPLUS side - scores feedback...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm looking for a way to back-up, not just a course or template, but a nearly-completed course full of student submissions / grades, etc. Is there a way to do this sort of a back-up?Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am working through 4.5 (Using Speed Grader).  I created a quiz as a teacher and published it.  Then I put on the student view, completed the quiz, and submitted it.   I went back to teacher view, and the quiz results come up in my Speed Grader, but...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to have my students upload short video files introducing themselves via Canvas Discussions, but my students (and I) are having issues doing this. It just shows "Loading..." in the discussion area.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I have started my first course but when I go back in to continue in my course, I am unable to pick up where I left off!I am on Lesson 4 in my first course. I need to post a discussion but I don't see where to post my discussion. Does anyone hav...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Canvas Team,   I have a suggestion and question for text box entry submissions. Earlier today, I was doing an English short-answer question when I took a break to use the restroom and eat breakfast. I wasn't gone for too long, and Canvas logged ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a quiz that is set to allow multiple attempts.  The due date has passed, but the quiz is open for several more weeks.  Students have stated they can no longer retake the quiz.  Is it possible for students to retake the quiz without changing th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Dear all,I'd like to know how BBB displays other participants' camera feeds when there are 30 participants or more, with cameras on. I made some tests with up to nine participants during the BBB videoconference, and the videos are stacked in a nice g...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi!  We have paraprofessionals logging into Canvas as TAs for courses.  The teachers are assigning EdPuzzle assignments for the students through the EdPuzzle app integration on Canvas. However, despite the fact that the TAs have EdPuzzle accounts, th...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a setting that notifies you when a student completes an assignment or quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Only one of my 6 discussion topics are visible in student mode. Each discussion is published. I tried to publish the entire course and only one is still visible. I can't figure out why the other 6 discussion topics are not visible. The date ranges ar...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I install Kaltura for Canvas on a Mac?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently question a grade in Lifespan Development Psych.  The instructor advises that he has comments under the essay grade.  I can't find it.  Someone please help me find this information.  Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiIn our teacher view, and in Speed grader, we can see the students answer on a quiz, but we can see the correct answer (answer flags) as well. We do not want to show the correct answer to anyone. We only want to show the students the answer they hav...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

buenos dias como puedo acceder alas conferencias en linea con el profesor john wiley

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!I am trying to add Canvas courses to a power point presentation I am currently creating.  For some reason, I cannot upload courses. This is where I am stuck.Thank you for your help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I take already made quizzes and questions into the quiz bank? I understand how to make a new quiz bank, but can't figure out how to take already made questions into a new quiz bank.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This has to do with LTAD2910:Introduction to Honorlock.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to add a panopto video recording to the hope page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to Rename a Zoom recording on CanvasI recorded a Zoom lecture through Canvas, it's up on my Canvas course page, and I like it just as it is — except for the title. I'm afraid I didn't think about this when I recorded it, so Zoom/Canvas just gave ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-17-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way for me to see which students completed an anonymous survey? I want to give them extra credit for completing it (it is not an option to create a quiz or survey for extra credit in Canvas). I don't want to see the students direct answers...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I can't see an assignment in the grades tab, I have to go into modules and find the assignment then go to speed grader to see who has completed it. How can I make it appear in the grades tab? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to upload a keynote presentation to Canvas, I want it to play when I am not actually presenting it. I tried sharing it via the keynote options but this means i actually have to be present to start the slides. I also tried uploading thru file u...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to use superscript in an answer to a maths question but it will not let me

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I open "publish" to allow students to see People? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I hide results in the gradebook of an exam result?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have exported the captivate project into Canvas. Followed instruction and zipped to SCORM 1.2.I have impoted this zipped file in Files in a Canvas Course. Then linked the activity from scorm.index.html.The project is working as expected, only issue...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

def PrimeNumber_interval(start,end):    print('prime number between %d and %d:'%(start,end))    for i in range(start, end+1):       for j in range(2,i):          if i % j == 0:                break          else:             print(i, end = ',')PrimeN...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies