Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is there a way for me to see which students completed an anonymous survey? I want to give them extra credit for completing it (it is not an option to create a quiz or survey for extra credit in Canvas). I don't want to see the students direct answers...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-12-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I can't see an assignment in the grades tab, I have to go into modules and find the assignment then go to speed grader to see who has completed it. How can I make it appear in the grades tab? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to upload a keynote presentation to Canvas, I want it to play when I am not actually presenting it. I tried sharing it via the keynote options but this means i actually have to be present to start the slides. I also tried uploading thru file u...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to use superscript in an answer to a maths question but it will not let me

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I open "publish" to allow students to see People? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I hide results in the gradebook of an exam result?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have exported the captivate project into Canvas. Followed instruction and zipped to SCORM 1.2.I have impoted this zipped file in Files in a Canvas Course. Then linked the activity from scorm.index.html.The project is working as expected, only issue...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

def PrimeNumber_interval(start,end):    print('prime number between %d and %d:'%(start,end))    for i in range(start, end+1):       for j in range(2,i):          if i % j == 0:                break          else:             print(i, end = ',')PrimeN...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Required Secret key for LTI

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-14-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I figure out my grade if my class is cumulatively graded (points/max) not weighted and my lowest homework and lowest quiz get dropped?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I find the turn it in to submit an essay?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the dashboard view, can you insert a picture into that course or is it a color overlay only?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was going through the process of creating a JWT access token to use for the subscriptions webhook API described in this link: ### JWT Access Tokens for LTI2 Tools - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation I have signed the JWT but for the final step, I n...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can someone enlighten me as to the purpose of the "Question Title" in a typical question (of any type — essay, multiple choice, etc.) in New Quizzes? Nothing comes up in searching this site. What is this used for? I don't see it appearing in the stud...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I have set up groups in canvas.those groups have submitted their assignments.they are about to be marked.When I look at marks, some people have a green mark beside them (presumably indicating that their group has submitted), some have a yellow, and s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

When I log into submit an assignment, I cannot see a submit button.  I have changed computers, logged out and logged back in and none of that works.  I have also been told to "report a problem" but I do not see a button for that.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I started recording a video into the discussion board which is a part of my assignment, now I can't seem to navigate my way back to that same page.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried to save another recorded lecture on my Canvas page, but it won't let it save.  I looked down and saw that I have used 98% out of the 2.1 GB available, and I get the Error:  status code 400 message.  I'm assuming that I'm out of memory with th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-11-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When my students try to open an Office 365 collaboration I created for them, they get an error message.  Is there something else I need to do so they can access the file?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How come I can no longer see the middle section of canvas after I updated my IOS on my computer?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I don't see a discussion tab for my class. I'm a student takingSummer 2020-A DEP2004 816#MissingdiscussiontabThank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Canvas have an undo button?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way that canvas will allow a fraction answer on a numeric response quiz question?  I can't seem to figure it out,

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Some of my students are being asked for a pairing code when creating a new account for the first time.  Why are they being asked that question?  Am I doing something wrong when I send the first email?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

can you add a dark mode to canvas please it’s not available where I live and I frequently get head aches while doing schoolwork for hours on end because of it being too bright

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-23-2021 View Solution
  • 21 Likes
  • 5 Replies

HiHow do I change my Home Page content from Assignments to Announcements?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to import material from another class.  I go to the import settings & type in the Canvas course name but I still get a red error.  At first, I entered the course name and then I just entered the number.  I am not sure what I am doing wron...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,Where can I find the fudge points in the API? I wanting to look up the amount that was added. Then i'll take that amount away from their score to see what the original score was. ThanksCharles

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Canvas Community:Is there a Character Limit option for New Quizzes? Students have been using alternate characters to bypass the auto-word count done by periods, semicolons, colons, spaces, and enters.I would very much like to see this feature a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My child is having a lot of issues with her computer...at this time she is behind on class work due to it not logging in or now it is saying no profile found...I have called and left messages with someone to please contact me yet no one has called me...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies