Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Has scientific notation yet been added in the quizzes... particularly in formula based questions?  It seems like people have been asking for it a long time, but all my searches on this question seem to date to most recently six months ago. Pretty cri...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A teacher is having an issues with Speed Grader that it will not save entered grade/score unless a comment is also entered. This is new and so far unique to this teacher. Any ideas?speedgrader glitch speedgrader data entry 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I would like to work on the gradebook offline,so I can see what the grades are before the students see them.  How do you do that?# Mary

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I set the final grade based on averages eg homework is 20%,tests 60%, final worth 20%, etc./

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello everyone!  I hope all of your good.  I have questions and let me start with this on, first, let us say I grouped my assignments according to the school's period or quarter.  Is it possible for the canvas grade be displayed per quarter?Another t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-14-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Since I cannot use Doc viewer tools to comment on my students' essays, (because I foolishly asked for anonymous peer review and apparently these two tools are incompatible) I then tried to download all the essays to comment in Word, and then upload t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I not embed a YouTube video using the new Rich Text Editor? Previously, there was an option to disable the inline previews, which is highlighted in this Q&A, but that option has disappeared under the new update. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where and  how can I post my extra credit point in the grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to add spelling city website to canvas for students to access.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I create Quick Checks, for weekly assignments? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Though I'm HIDING the grades and comments using SpeedGrader, it keeps defaulting back to allowing the student to view their grades.  I've had to HIDE grades for students several times, and then I get emails from student asking where their grade is be...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I choose the "Sync to PowerSchool" option when I'm creating an assignment, where/how does it show up in my course? I tried it and cannot find the assignment in PS.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i use the discussion bored?where do I go to begin my online class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete columns in my grade book.  I published lessons, then did not use, so I have empty columns that I would like to remove.@tracybirkett

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Sorry if I'm missing something, but I've been all through the help guide and can't find this topic--maybe I don't know the searchable terms?  Anyway, is there a way to set dates and times for modules to become visible?  As in: how do I set up a modul...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need to give a final exam to my students. I would like to upload the same exam, but two different versions of the quiz: one for students who have the ability to use Honorlock and another for those who do not. I have tried renaming the exam on my de...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

how do i find my instructor course ID 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you make a fill in the blank question with a range of answers?  Example:Your activity time today was ______________ minutes.   (possible answer range would be any multiple of 5, so 5,10 , 15 20, 25.... etc

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

First time user!  I want to invite another teacher for another set of eyes before typing in all the questions! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I put my current canvas assignments in my sandbox for next semester?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am late to submit one of my writing assignment in a limited time. I got into the canvas and it said the tool has expired, and I can’t see the button to submit my writing assignment. I am late to submit another assignment too, but that one can submi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

recording on canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-12-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The links don't work?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone. I'd like to describe an issue that occurs from time to time by itself (not attached to any changes made in our campus).The CSS we use includes some callings to the icons font provided by Instructure here in their UI references. As you ca...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can a trainer add a students assessment into Canvas on the students behalf?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why can't my students see the class on Canvas even though I have published the class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We've only started using Canvas at the start of 2020.  The Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in a rapid implementation - which has been great.  We're trying to work out if Canvas can be used as a good tool for writing programs.  We'd like a standardised...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi I am marking on canvas using the voice feedback and finding that after about the 4th assignment, the voice recording does not work,, can you urgently help me as I have many assignments to markDr Khimji Vaghjiani

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had a login problem in 8.May 4:30~6:00. I could not log in to the Canvas so I requested a new password but I could not get any email in 30 mins even though there was a notice that it was going to take about 30 minutes. I was in my exam time at the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I copy a case from one course to another?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies