Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How do I share a recorded Zoom session with my students?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Like many others, I had not used Canvas until the start of the lockdown, but I have found it very useful and remarkably easy to learn. I have noticed that a simple things might make the platform just a little easier to use:It would be nice to have an...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor for summer school health.  I have never used Canvas, but have been learning as much as I can!!!Question - I am sending an email to my students now, prior to our course which starts on Monday. I want to tell them  "HOW they will joi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I wrap text, either on a Page or in an Assignment?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Exams normally are considered a summative assessment in a Unit, while Quizzes are associated with a formative assessment.  Why does Canvas only use Quizzes?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Has anyone continued working on a Canvas chatbot? I'm trying to make a course-specific chatbot that emerges on course homepage and prompts the student to click on frequently-asked-questions which the instructor has written, and which may change week-...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

It shows Discussion 6 at the top, versus Discussion 1. How can I set my discussions in order?TIA,Lien McGehee

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Nothing is showing up on my dashboard and my inbox is not popping up. Also, I have downloaded the respondus lockdown and have tried to take a test and i could not. How do I fix these issues.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I think I accidentally signed up as a teacher not a student.  How do I start over?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am getting messages in my Canvas inbox and outlook mail.  Is there a way to not get the messages in my outlook mailbox.  I am having to go through and delete each outlook email even after reading the message in my Canvas inbox. Very overwhelming!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Importing or "choosing" rubrics -- When you choose a rubric from a different site OR when you import an assignment using a rubric, does the rubric reset the "use rubric for grading" option?  Rubrics that are always used for grading, seem to be revert...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Cant find a course: AGSB- Adaptive Learning Design

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, Could someone let me know how to publish the grade of "assignment group"?For example, I have an "assignment group" that is 30% of the total mark, and it contains five assignments. From the grade book, I can publish the grade for each of those fiv...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When migrating to new quizzes, my images embedded in questions will not load. Question content, created as image, will just show up blank.

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I am trying to add students. I click on the 'Add people' button and type an email into the box. A message comes up stating 'We were unable to find matches below.'

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

hello I posted a discussion question in Canvas, I see that 8 students have replied.  However, when I tried to click on the link that says "All section" I cant see the students' replies to my discussion question.What do I need to do in order to see th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently we're using Moodle and I have a lot of quizzes/homeworks/exams that I've painstakingly put into moodle format.  How do I download those into the format that Canvas will recognize?  I'm not sure what version of Moodle we are using but the fi...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Does Canvas allow for team teaching a course?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How check to see if you are registered for a course as a student?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The content of my course has disappeared from my laptop. How do I reload it?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I place multiple assignments in a single module?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When using Big Blue Button for Conference with "Free for Teacher Canvas" is there a limit on the number of participants to the conference.  And if there is, what happens if someone tries to enter the conference after the limit is reached?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When will we have the ability to send one email out to all courses taught? Especially when there is an ER that requires us to send the same message to multiple classes. It would be a huge time saver, instead of selecting each individual class, to MAI...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add students to my course?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I clear a quiz score for a student to retake the Canvas quiz?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I send an email through Canvas Inbox I don't see any options to change font characteristics like Bold, Italics, size, etc or other formatting settings.  I only have plain text.  Is there a setting in email that gives me those options?

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hvordan kan jeg fjerne alle disse ikonene som dukker opp på den ferdige siden men ikke når siden redigeres?Denne meldingen er oversatt med Google Translate.How can I remove all these icons that appear on the finished page but not when the page is edi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I'm new to Canvas and I was wondering what functionality does the paid-for version of Canvas offer that the free teacher version doesn't offer?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies