Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi,I'm been using Canvas for almost a year, now when I'm going to upload my file it say's "your browser does not meet he minimum requirement for Canvas.  What will I do to fix this?  Thank you so much!Truly Yours,Jacquilyn 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-09-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I create a hyperlink in the Rich Content Editor?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to be able to change an assignment status to pending (or something like that) meaning the student has asked a question, I have answered and I am waiting for their response. This way I know who I need to follow up with and who I have already.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 11 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How can you and one of the "New Quizzes" to a module. I'm not asking how to add a new quiz, but the new type of quizzes. I have made a quiz using "New Quizzes" before adding it to a module. When I try to add it to a module I cannot find the quiz in A...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-23-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My students had a conference and I was not there (nor did they know how to invite me after the meeting started). How do I view the recording from the URL they have given me?The URL says:Error 404The recording could not be loadedThe recording that you...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In a multiple choice question, is it best practice to list the answers as a), b), c) etc?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I protect a PowerPoint presentation from being copied?  In other words, is it possible to make a PPT visible to students with a setting that prevents them from directly copying my work?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am just starting to format the course and I want to edit the title of the course

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have several quizzes/tests made here on Canvas. Occasionally, I have a student who needs to take a paper test. Is there a way to print tests from Canvas? Or do I have to copy/paste each question onto a word document? Thank you in advance for any as...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When will Canvas fix the update question button? When you hit the update question button the question gets saved to a question bank. If you make changes to the question in the quiz and hit the button again the changes do not get saved into the questi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have external content on a page. It shows up in editing mode but disappears once I publish the page. I've never had this happen before!  @lindalee ‌

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

1.  Is there a way to retrieve an accidentally deleted quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I speed grade without having to see the students ID? Usually for paper exams the student use their ID numbers so when I grade I do not know their identities. This helps to combat bias in grading.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to grade papers using the Crocodoc/DocViewer (whatever the correct name is) annotation tool, and in ONE of my classes (but not the other two), it is NOT available.  The student documents are Word documents (.doc and .docx), so I highly do...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good afternoon!  When our Canvas instance was initially setup, student and teacher logins were set to a domain specific login (e.g. - cshields).  We have switched nearly every other service to Google SSO and are considering switching Canvas as well. ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-12-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using the free version of Canvas. I have created a course, but when I try to publish, I get message saying that I need to finish my registration. What do I do?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our campus is trying to compile quiz response data for our annual review process. In trying to compile this data I came across this API call which gives me all the data I need for a given quiz:https://institution.instructure.com:443/api/v1/courses/<c...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have sent 3 emails to the help desk and still have not gotten a response!!!  I am an ESE teacher, and have lost 4 of my classes from Canvas.  How do I retrieve these lost classes???

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an account that has a grade of 65 but when I export it the grade is not the same.  Can you please help but corporate wants me to justify the grade?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I delete an old course from CANVAS?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to change existing grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there anyway to make subheadings in modules collapsible ?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

where do i find student email addresses?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to remove a student's assignment submission so they can add a later version?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

In a series of quizzes, can I make Canvas only consider the 5 highest graded quizzes for each student? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The gradebook for my JRN101 is showing students' OVERALL current grades (by percentage of points on assignments that have been grades) with the mute symbol. I know how to unmute an individual assignment. How do I unmute the overall grade?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All, Is there a way to make a hybrid multiple-choice  and essay question. For example, I'm creating a survey. I want the students to click all the answers that apply but also leave room for a general comment section below, in the same question. Is...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to convert questions from an old quiz bank to the NEW format within the same course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do I move my own video from one course to another?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is navigation tab? Where do i locate it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies