Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How to change existing grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there anyway to make subheadings in modules collapsible ?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

where do i find student email addresses?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to remove a student's assignment submission so they can add a later version?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

In a series of quizzes, can I make Canvas only consider the 5 highest graded quizzes for each student? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The gradebook for my JRN101 is showing students' OVERALL current grades (by percentage of points on assignments that have been grades) with the mute symbol. I know how to unmute an individual assignment. How do I unmute the overall grade?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All, Is there a way to make a hybrid multiple-choice  and essay question. For example, I'm creating a survey. I want the students to click all the answers that apply but also leave room for a general comment section below, in the same question. Is...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to convert questions from an old quiz bank to the NEW format within the same course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do I move my own video from one course to another?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is navigation tab? Where do i locate it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After adding a quiz from a past Canvas course, how can I add it to the gradebook to be visible to both myself and my students? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher but my canvas in ipad is set at stdent view. How do i change it to instructor?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am used to Google Classroom, but my school is requiring us to switch to Canvas. On Classroom, I can share a copy of a slideshow with all students and both of us can access it any time. Is it possible to do that with Canvas? If not, can students do ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Just finished the Utah State nutrition course.  Was wondering about the certificate.  Last night it said it would send me an email about it but haven't received it yet.  Thank you and have a great weekend.Kent Armstrong

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to enable the "Conferences" content to make it visible to students ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I understand that there are two instances orgname.test.instructure.com and orgname.instructure.com. I have added users to test but they are not able to log into test. it is unclear if the password is the same between prod and test. What am I missing?

(Partner)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there everyone,We have a faculty interested in using SCORM in Canvas, but she wants to verify if those files will use up the course storage capacity. Do SCORM files use up the storage space in a course? We allow 500 MB of space by default.I have s...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am teaching a large class of 160 students.  Cheating is rampant because I cannot figure out how to get Canvas to shuffle the order of questions for each exam.   I can shuffle answers but not questions.I don't have time to create 4 different forms a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I find a published quiz that I believe that I mistakenly moved to another course?I checked the undelete options and I know it is not there.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am marking using speedgrader and a non-graded rubric.  I can't see anywhere to enter the mark for the assignment

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When students have completed assignments after the due date, how do you know the assignment has been completed without having to go back in to each assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you delete submissions from Speedgrader?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to know in Canvas,do the assignments roll up to the Course's final grade?or is there another level?Appreciate your help to learn more.Cheers!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The only method I can find is this: How do I view annotation feedback comments from my instructor directly in my assignment submission? Which CANNOT be the best you guys have come up with.My students have learning disabilities; it's all I can do to g...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I have an Express LTI tool that I'm developing which returns specific course URLs, but I don't know how to auto-insert those URLs into the "External Tool" tab. I have looked into Khan Academy's LTI and it seems like they return an <iframe> wheneve...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I use ConferNow

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good night, recently i joined the platform because i have to develop a course as a project for an assigment, i tried to make a student account with the code of the course but it keeps giving me an error, then i checked visibility and it seems that it...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have lost the tabs for each subject on my homepage it has modules.  How can I get those tabs back to make it easier for my K students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I lock a google doc so that a student can answer on it without changing it?If Student A answers on the google doc will the other students see their answers or just me?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to fix tool with white highlights on hp laptop

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies