Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am a part-time instructor.  I have a gradebook in Canvas.  My final grades have been finalized in gradebook.  How do I submit final grade from Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have 2 Exams (quizzes) that I have created this semester with Questions groups and now I need to put all those questions into the Question pool so i can draw some into my Final. I have about 360 questions total and I cannot find a way to do this be...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way I can check my GPA through Canvas? If so, how?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a screen cast recording using Autodesk Screencast. I have embedded the video in my Canvas page, and it plays just fine, except that there is no sound. When I play it back on the Autodesk website, the sound works just fine. What could I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I invite another teacher into my canvas course ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've created a final exam. Two questions:1) It is stuck in "Build" mode.  How do I move to the next step?2) The "Submission Type" is locked on "External Tool" , which is incorrect, and I can't edit it.  How to change Submission Type?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I added a test student to my 2 classes to help me see things from the student's point of view, but one of my classes has an extra "test student".. I have tried deleting them both and reinviting my test student but it still shows up as 2 people on my ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need the total sum of points for completed assignments.  Mms 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm getting this error message when my students submit their answers in a PDF and I try to open it.Can someone help understand why this is happening? Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What does this exclamation mark mean next to these grades? I've looked on the Canvas site but didn't find an answer.Thanks for the help,Scott

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi. I need help with the statistics of my tests. I noticed that the questions where I used the app Mathtype, at the moment of watch and download the item report it appears this text: No answer text provided. For this reason I can't identify what answ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Please could you assist me with the following:The course makes use of SCORM packages containing the following settings:They were uploaded and imported as "graded assignments".The points are set at zero.Do not count towards grade is selectedDisplay gr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

when i log into canvas on my chrome browser it is saying im using the credentials from another school. How to i change that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I delete a column that I didn't create in gradebook?  I have a column called "imported assignments" which I did not add, nor do I import assignments, yet it's there. This is NOT an assignment to remove (I know how to remove that)--it's a ghost...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Students submitted video files that I would like to copy.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have my content ready in my Canvas site, but I don't want to have to go in each week to publish the modules. Is there a way to schedule this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I view how many students are currently taking a quiz without going into each student's log individually? I have a final exam that is available for several days and want to see how many are mid-exam to decide when there is a lull, as I want to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Grades, can I separate my students into class periods?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I get all the apps for:GBC PahrumpWebCampusCanvasAny others?Thank you, I am very tech challenged!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have found several references to a "recommended number of participants" being 100.  Our typically cohort size is 400.  Does anyone have experience in holding conferences for this large of a group?  Also if you've used this large of a group (or clos...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does our instructor inbox ever "fill up"? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to know how to rename one of the Main course tabs (left side of the screen), for example change Modules to Orientation?   Thanks...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change my email?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just created a quiz but I cannot figure out how to add points. After I saved and published, the quiz is worth zero points

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Who is my Customer Success manager?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Would you like to actually see the final version of your Quiz before your students do?      ME TOO!Unfortunately, that's not an option with Canvas.When you "Preview" your Quiz before publishing the quiz you will see a "close approximation" of your Qu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I assign a timed quiz, how are students pausing/ resuming the quiz ?  I've noticed, in the quiz logs, that students seem to "pause" or "leave the quiz page", which makes me believe that they are using that time to look up the answers; IS THERE A W...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HelloBackground, we are new to Canvas this year, soft launch was in January and full launch May 1st.  We had been a D2L school for years.  Our Canvas data is pulling from Banner CSM.  Because of the Covid19 Pandemic our College has been online only r...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I am wondering how to use the 'Nick Name' tittle in canvas to sit alongside thE module tittle?Thank youCatherien

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-08-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Si al capturar una pregunta yo cometí un error y capture las respuestas invertidas hay manera de modificar y que se cambien el resultado de automáticamente?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies