Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How come I can't view my last course from Spring 2020?  It is not on the list of past courses taken.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When Blackboard goes away, how do I access Canvas and how do I use my email? There is no link or access to emails as far as I have found in canvas. I always had to log into Blackboard to get my emails. Please advise. Right now I have a Blackboard ico...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am using Chrome. This just occurred over the weekend and is still happening. I have cleared cookies and caches. I have restarted Chrome. I have restarted my computer. None of that has helped. Thoughts?

• 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I have two students from two different courses that have had posts in discussion board disappear.  They said they posted them and then when I graded it in speedgrader, they were not there.  Any help?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

What is the difference between pinned discussions and just discussions?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are there any other lock down browser services Canvas is affiliated with besides Respondus? I need this service for one of my exams.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you set up so that while the quiz can't be started after a certain time, if a student has already started it, they will be able to complete it? Or is this automatic?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We recently concluded our Canvas PD courses for the Spring Session and now the participants are no longer showing up and their badges are not showing up on their accounts. Is there a way for me to rectify this problem?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,Is anyone  using Mandatory Orientation course for HS freshmen?  if yes, how is it done?Thank you 

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I am new to k-12 and Canvas.  I used to be Sysadmin in Higher ED.  Blackboard was our LMS, I had the luxury of having in house PL/SQL developers and a Local SIS  "Oracle/Banner"  system.  With  the help of Instructional Technologies,  I was able t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning!  I am trying to access student log files from our Spring 2020 semester.  The CSV export only shows three weeks of access.  My Canvas Account rep has instructed me to utilize Canvas Data, but I am unsure as to how to proceed.Any advice i...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Para notificaciones si lo pude cambiar, pero para accesar a la plataforma no sé donde está la opción

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Instructors are interested in two features we haven't been able to find related to Groups:1. The ability to hide a Group/Group Set from student view until the assignment with which the group will be associated has been released (hide in the People to...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I register for the course??

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I may have asked this already but our potions for SIS integration are what? I see the flat files you can send in. We send them into Blackboard using cURL over the internet. If we go the flat file route can we submit them with cURL somehow or is it ma...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Cannot upload a profile picture!!! I have tried 2 different computers and a phone and different pictures but every time I hit "save" it just sits there and never uploads!!! So frustrating!!!

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What does the 'Page Views" number in the analytics section measure?  Is there a way to measure 'link' views as well?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This feature request probably exists, but I'll ask anyway.When publishing a module for a student, I only want to publish one subtopic under the main module. Yet to do that, I have to publish the entire module and unpublish everything I don't want. Cu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am trying to create a rubric with YES and NO for it's ratings. This is what it looks like as I create the rubric...However, when I "Create Rubric", the YES and NO flip...I called Canvas, they were able to figure out that the Ratings were auto...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I added two bonus questions at the end of a Quiz, and assigned them 0 points, expecting to manually add "fudge points" for each student.  However, when I go to grade the Quiz, I do not see the bonus questions (nor student responses), so I cannot grad...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I attempt to download the course template, some of the  information seems to be in Latin or some nonsense language, not English.  Is this deliberate?  

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am looking for an easier way to rearrange test questions.  I can drag them up or down on the list but given the size of the questions (with maps) and the number of questions, this is very time-consuming.  How do I show only the first line or questi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add an extension for a class that has expired

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I stop receiving daily notification reports?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, how can I add a syllabus and/ or textbook link to the course?Thank you.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The grade posting policy feature in Grade book means that I have to remember to take two steps in order to hide grades, before I start grading. It used to be so simple, I could do it instantly from Speedgrader, and now I have to go back out to Gradeb...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have just added a person under people.  I cannot find how to give her permission as course developer.  I have checked the guides and the question databank and nothing I have seen has helped me. 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a course that is now completed and I am using the question banks I created during that course in a new course. I want to edit some of the questions in the banks. Canvas won't allow me to edit the questions because those questions have already ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

can i create a students registration form in canvas

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am marking quizzes and noticed a couple of problems.a) a fill in the blank with two choices (is and are) was marked wrong even though the correct answer (is in this case) was marked as correct and given by the student. I tried regrading, which only...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies