Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

What is the point of 'pages' if you already have a homepage?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-06-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Canvas CSR,I completed my 45-hr Post-Licensing RE Course on 30 Apr 20 before 11:59 PM with a 95 percentile. Naturally, I expected to see my results and receive a confirmation email.I just viewed my DBPR  entry for my license and see no update informa...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm having some issues with the Canvas API for rubrics. I'm trying to assign, to an assignment, a rubric that has free-form criterion comments, but the option is never accepted. I send a POST request to https://MY_UNIVERSITY_CANVAS_HOST/api/v1/course...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way as an Admin to have the default card view in the Dashboard to allow more than 8 cards?This limitation has become apparent to both staff and students during out forced isolation due to COVID-19.Reasoning:On top of current courses of stu...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I need to assign an assignment to only a select group of students.  I would like to assign it to the test student also but I don't know how.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a few individual student assignment submissions that will not allow me to mark the assignment as complete.  How do I fix this?The rest of the assignment submissions allow me to mark the grade as complete.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  is it possible to do a repeating daily quiz that has the same questions everyday 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a university student creating a simple online course that will be implemented for my peers to participate in. I do not belong to an educational organization as an educator, but for the purpose of this assignment, I will need to create a course t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to add other page content on the home page rather than just links to other pages?  For example instead if a link to week 1's page on the homepage, actually have content from page 1 showing on the homepage

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Starting to implement Canvas.  I manually created an Account Role for other non-technology district-level staff.  How do I add people to that new manually created Account Role?  Thanks, Rich

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hello,I'm taking the "growing with canvas" class, so I created a sandbox to do the assignments, I'm trying to do the speed grader section, but I need to add some students to work with. How can i do it?Thanks,

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a few quizzes and wanted to see what they looked like as a student.  (I am using the regular quizzes NOT the New Quizzes) I was unable to do this unless I published the quiz which I did.  I then took the quiz as a test student just to get a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I un-hide Grades. I clicked on a button in the Gradebook, and it has Hidden my students' grades for that assignment and for their final points as well.Thanks!Tina

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Problem with Migrating old course to new year:I just migrated a graduate level course that I am teaching in June. This is the same course I taught last year. When I migrated the course, I noted that the templates under Collaboration I could not gain ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello All, I've searched through the guides and Google and there doesn't seem to be a guide that shows users how to self-enroll in a course that has this feature enabled. Does anyone have one they're willing to share? Thanks,Holly 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add an image to my paper?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to know if, in the next update of Canvas, there will be a loading bar. I find that I often submit files that take a long time for Canvas to process, and wish I had a loading bar to see its progress. Also, some of my classmates get confused a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have the final grades for all students on the last column - total, as for examples, 79%, 95%, etc. . How do I have them also displayed in letter grades? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Are students able to share their screens in Canvas Conferencing?Also is there a way to hide or turn off shared notes? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why can't I save my quiz?  I've made many of them before and never had any trouble saving.  Does this have something to do with the fact that I walked away from it for an hour, leaving it up on my computer without saving it and then continued typing ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello and Thank you in advance.  Is there an EASY way to sync/add grades/scores from Newsela to our Pinnacle grade book?  Thank you!Maria Podestamaria.podesta@browardschools.com

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is the exact link I need to use for the Respondus Lock Down program while attending GBC?  So far nobody has been able to send me that link and if I need it for my math final I need to get it taken care of ASAP!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is anyone else experiencing this? It looks like the options "Let students create their own discussion topic" is set as default now. It was never set like that before. Is that a global change? It could be a local issue, but I want to check and see if ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The Individual View of Gradebook is not in alignment with New Gradebook and continues to use the language and features of legacy Gradebook. Labeled Global Settings, this series of checkboxes is a curious mix of settings that either only apply to this...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Would anyone be able to link the form with instructions on how to do this? One of my professors sent it through email, but the link does not work. Thank you?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We've had a couple reports of students unable to download course content (different students, different courses).The button IS checked in settings. I tried it myself, in Chrome, and got this error:Then I got this email:Are there settings on the insti...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Some settings have been disabled because the assignment is in a closed grading period.How can I change this one so that I can grade their work? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-08-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When grading discussions, I can read the outgoing comments from student who wrote them, that are addressed to other students. However, there isn't a way for me to see the "in-coming" responses from the other students. Since I'm giving them points on ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to I add extra credit points in the final grade?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I hide a course from last semester that I still want to have access to, but not on my main page.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies