Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have a colleague who is a "teacher" in a class we've co-developed, but he cannot see which assignments are graded and worth points, and those assignments don't show up in the gradebook for him... but they do for me.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Home page looks like my Modules now. I don't know how that happened but How do I get it back?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I'm new to Canvas and deleted a class from my Dashboard and I want to restored it. How can I do it? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there an easy way to attach a rubric to assignments using the external tool submission type? An example would be using the "Google Cloud Assignment" external tool. I can upload the document but the attach rubric option at the bottom isn't there li...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-18-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I delete a non-editing staff member who was accidentally added to my course? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-06-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I am taking Calculus online at Clark College, Vancouver WA this Spring2020. We have to do daily submissions of a picture with our lecture notes. This is the only submission I do from my ipad, since it is easier to take pictures. However, I had a ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

why is the total grade not visible in the grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to send an announcement to all of your classes at once?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to retrieve or view Sent messages via the inbox? The only way I can find is to send a copy to myself and those are piling up. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having the issues with the Highlight tool:I need to click several times on same the text to actually get Canvas to start highlighting the text. Occasionally, the wrong text (to the left or right of where my curser is) or even the entire document...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

After the Covid-19 school shutdowns and we started online learning, my middle school started sending me daily notifications (appearing on the top of my dashboard shown below) which I don't know how to get rid of (I'm in high school now). I've contact...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trying to reset my password. How long before I get an email to do so?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello All,My school uses Clever for SSO into our Canvas site. Teachers are wanting to add profile photos but the profile avatar is missing and simply shows the Clever sign on information. As an Admin, is there anything I can do to add the ability for...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like to share answer keys with students who have submitted work, I can choose the option for students to required a link in order to access but i am not sure how or where the link comes form.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do we incorporate Turnitin in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to modify a quiz so students can retake and keep their highest score.  Unfortunately, I am unable to do what the previous answer to my question recommends.1. I click on quizzes.2. I click on the name of the quiz.  But I cannot get to Moderate ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I was interested in generating question order randomization for a Canvas Quiz.In my Quiz, I have every question in a "Question group".The setting for the quiz is selected on "One question at a time" and "Lock questions after responding".I have ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have made lesson videos using Canvas.  I want to share those videos with someone who does NOT have Canvas.  Is this possible?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have imported a quiz and have read that these questions would appear in 'unfiled questions'.  But when I click on 'Find questions' only 1 question bank is shown, and this is the one I have created.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I view uploaded files in an assignment?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good MorningMy name is Yolanda Albino from Gwinnett College Orlando.I erase a quiz last night with grades and I need that back. How can I get that quiz back?My email   ycordero@gwinnettcollege.edu.Than you. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a Vimeo tutorial video embedded in our online teaching certification course for instructors. Will this video be updated to show the change to SMS notifications, or should we delete it from our course? 102 - Notification Preferences on Vimeo 

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why does the statuses color of a grade continue to show as missing when a grade is actually been entered?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to limit students so they can only see their answers right after taking a quiz in new quizzes? If so, how?Thanks

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a Canvas tool (or additional integration) or clever way to pull grades for all students (and all their courses) at once? Currently, our academic deans have to click into each course for each student in order to manually produce a table like ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi everyone,First off, the title is a bit cheeky. I guess I'm just miffed by the obvious flaw I have discovered. It may also be the irritation at my own naivete bleeding through a bit. :]Regardless, I found what I think is a pretty serious vulnerabil...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want to be able to archive (and have access to) my courses after I stop teaching at a school.  Some of these courses are quite large (>4GB).  Canvas free has a 250MB limit for course content import.  Is there a way to increase these limits? Can I b...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students took a quiz and Canvas calculated the grades. For only two students the icon for 'item not graded' appears and no score (all other scores appear and calculate correctly). When I click on the icon, the grade appears but it is not being calcul...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I don't see Problem Roulette on my Canvas page. Any idea why?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a question regarding setting up CANVAS with 2 teachers.  My colleague and I teach in a primary school.  We must share classes, meaning she teaches them for half an hour one day, & I teach the same class half an hour on another day.  We each ha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies