Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

When trying to post on a discussion board, I am only seeing my posts but I know there were some from my classmates as I saw them previously. I have to reply to my classmates but I cannot see any of their posts. The professor has not done anything to ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Buen día,Espero que todos estén muy bien.Una de las profesoras de la institución en la que trabajo, importó de un curso a otro por Commons una evaluación.No se percató que en ese curso tenía una evaluación con el mismo nombre y las mismas configuraci...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I use the Discussion page, I have to continually refresh the page or the messages don't come through. Is there a way to fix this so that the replies/comments from students automatically come through?I am using this as a way of communicating with...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

she can see all students work but one. the student says they have done it but nothing shows as completed.  What would prevent the teacher from seeing it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do students upload a video assignment from a smartphone into Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to create a class group folder for students to upload and download shared material...sort of like a DropBox?  I have created a group within the class as suggested during initial research, but I cannot find how to create or link folder ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can I take a picture of something in Canvas when making a New Quiz? I want a picture in the stem question and can not find an easy way to get it there. THANKS for any help!!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I drop the lowest scoring quiz for each student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why are my students seeing N/A when they look at their grades, but the two instructors see grades. Is there a missing step?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I move questions from an existing quiz into a question bank?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to be able to change from % to points in the "total" column in grade book. In some of my shells it will allow me to make the choice and, in other shells, it will not have a choice (It is only the %). How can I make all shells have the points?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to generate a list of courses that a specific course admin has access to. If a user is course admin on multiple courses in a given term, is there a way to find out which courses they have admin rights to? ThanksNeil

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

In New Quizzes, how do I change the point value for a question(not the whole quiz)?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, How do you submit slides to teacher on canvas?is there a video to watch?TIA

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Any time I go to Principles of construction for my school work it says no content so I don't see what I need to do  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can this be accessed on any page or does a teacher have to activate it in order for it to show up for students to make use of?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I rearrange announcements once they have been posted?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student had a 74% in gradebook.  After I graded her final, her grade went down to 73%.  I thought all missing assignments were set to zero.  What am I missing? thanks, Tuffer

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! My faculty member is concerned that her stats formula question for the mean is not working properly because an :smileyx: is displaying. I've included two screenshots.How does it look to you all?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Como faço para requerer o certificado...???Esta mensagem foi traduzida usando o Google Translate.Subject: Certificate IssuanceMessage: How do I apply for the certificate ... ???

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-02-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do you grade for attendance

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Is it possible to see if a student accessed a specific assignment? 

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want to have a variable in a matrix question so that I can use a formula question.  I want each student to see a different matrix.  When I place [x] into the matrix, students do not see the randomly chosen value, only [x].  Is it possible to have a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I insert a YouTube video into Modules?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When creating a quiz, I click the icon "insert math equation". the icon does not appears where it should be but below the whole quiz text and corrupted: with a large width and not workable (Please see the screenshot below_. It is interesting  it happ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can students cut and paste assignments to the rich content editor?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to copy my live class into my Sandbox. How do I do that?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used the override grade column but it suddenly disappeared from my grade book for one class. It still shows that final grade override is on (in Settings), but when I go into settings within Grades, the Advanced tab is no longer visible. I've tried ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i need to tell her something but i cant find a way to contact her 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can students view their Access Reports in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies