Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

The place where students submit says "oops broken link" Any suggestions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I find the class I am registered for on Canvas if it is not automatically assigned to me?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Canvas,I have hidden marks in a my subject (in the marks section), yet the students can still see their comments for their papers in Speedgrader. How can I hide my comments and marks until I have finalised my marking? I have had students emailin...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-05-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can a student from one test group see a test of another test group

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi everyoneI have an issue that seems unique to one course.  Each weekend I generate an announcement for each of my subjects that includes links to Team meetings etc.  This is working fine for every course except for one.  This course seems to genera...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'd like to set up quizzes so that students see one question at a time but are able to skip and return to a question they can't immediately answer.  Right now if they press "Next" they're moved to the next question and can not return whether they ans...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

My final exam is a Canvas Quiz for students to take online.  I also have students with accomodations who need paper copies of the problems in the Canvas Quiz.  Can I export a version of the quiz that can be saved as pdf for them to print at home?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a class that says viewing by the students of the assignments is disabled.  But the modules are able to be viewed.  None of my other courses are like this.Does anyone know how to change this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-06-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a module set up where every assignment must be done in sequential order. FOr one of the assignments, I have the requirement set to "Submit." I have had some students submit bogus work and I want the module to relock for them until they fix the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

How do I get to see the quizzes of all the students when Speed Grader shows only a few students' submission?  When I choose "Moderate Quiz" it shows me the submissions of all the students but speed grader shows only 14 out of more than 100 students. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My question is how/where do I place correct answers for a quiz? Is that the role of speed grader? I am uncertain of the process where a student takes the quiz and then has it graded with correct answers provided.Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In California, due to Covid-19, March 12 has become the date when a student's grade can no longer "Be harmed."Is there a way to get a report of a teacher's posted grades from March 12th?I am trying to support my teachers so they don't inadvertently p...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I cant get into my new course,.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to use SpeedGrader to evaluate a fillable pdf.  Unfortunately, it looks like the text has all been duplicated and shows up as shadowing.  I don't have this problem if I download the fillable pdf, so it seems to be an issue between the fil...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach at nova university. We have respondus lock down down but, not a format to load questions using respondus 4. I was told that program in canvas but do not know how to utilize it. Can some help me.Harris Lash 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've recently gotten feedback on a group project. The feedback was only attached to my document however, so I need to download my feedback and sent it to the other group members. I did download the document, but my professor's comments weren't attach...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to enable other LTIs within Quizzes.Next? (I'm thinking mostly of MathType, which we use for classic quizzes). In the WYSIWYG editor for new quizzes, there's no little V button for external tools...perhaps because new quizzes is itself...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This seems like a relatively simple thing to do for the system yet there are no options?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Is it possible to see which students have viewed a certain document in Canvas?Kind regards,Michaël

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Student submitted an assignment.  I have a time and date of submission and their grade.  I checked the grade history.  When I look for that assignment in the grade book, now, it says no submission.  How do I recover this.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm a little confused navigating Canvas. I know who my teacher of ORGL 8740 is but when I click on meet your professor, another teacher's bio comes up; "getting started" takes to a broken link. Some of the links in the modules are also broken links. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As a faculty, when I click reply (like on student post), the system spawns the text editor box (YEAH).  However, the cursor is NOT positioned in the upper left to start immediately typing.  This forces the author to click reply, allow the spawn, then...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I EMPLOY A TEST GRADING TECHNIQUE AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO COMPUTE OR ENTER A GRADE ON CANVAS.  I GIVE A TEST, E.G. 100 TRUE FALSE QUESTIONS. THE MOST NUMBER OF CORRECT ANSWERS, E.G. 83 CORRECT ANSWERS  OUT OF 100, BECOMES 100%. THE STUDENT  WHO ANSWE...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I set up a Quiz Code to appear only after students have completed a preparation assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I have a situation in a course where a student claims they were not on Canvas (they say they were asleep) during a crucial time (an exam) in a course. But on the student's Profile page (as accessed from the "People" page), I observed and record...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I check or better yet go straight to my canvas e-mail. I would like to check my student e-mail? with out having to tap or wonder much? Please.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was prompted in the Canvas app to update my Contacts in Settings (to add email and phone number) and now I am getting all emails twice. How can I fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This appears in options for a multiple choice test.  What is this? I've been encouraged to keep the "lock students into the browser" option in Lockdown setting disabled to allow student to close the exam and get back into it if they have issues.  Wha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I get notified by email when someone posts to a  particular discussion, e.g. course-related Q&A Discussion?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I rename a video?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies