Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I can't add a quiz to an existing module.  I the new quizzes and it isn't listed under "assignment" or "quiz".  It normally is listed under "assignment".  I have verified the quiz exists by selecting "Quizzes" on the left hand navigation pane, but I ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I want to create test classes to fill in before my school has the schedule set up. I use Canvas for my classes. I just don't know how to create one for planning purposes.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to install Canvas on Debian 10 VirtualBoxUsing this guideline: Production Start · instructure/canvas-lms Wiki · GitHub Questions?What is the optimum Linux distrobution for installation (Debian 10, Centos 8, RHEL How about installation on ...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I had a module on my home page and selected "Move Contents. . ." and now all of the content is gone. Is there a way to restore the contents of the module or find where it went?

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

My Canvas grade book will not upgrade for one assignment for one student.  I have tried posting the grade manually and using Speed Grader.  The figure disappears when I go to the next student, and the space that is giving me trouble is highlighted in...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a presentation to turn on through canvas but I don't know how to do so. Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

my instructor wants me to send my user name to him but I Don't remember it

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was sent a code to complete my registration and I was sent straight to my dashboard and so It seems that I cant complete my registration. As a consequence it wont allow me to publish my course.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to hide completed assignments that way they dont show up as a long list of assignments? On both the teacher and students side

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In the old version of canvas, when you added a link to a video (especially a YouTube one) it would show that it would embed the video automatically, but you could remove it so that it is just a link over the text (</a>). However, with the new tools i...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have Ponopto videos (30 min to 1 hr in length) which were transferred from Blackboard that are stored in Everything Ponopto.   I now would like to get these entered into Canvas program.  Are they to be entered into Modules and if so how?  Are they ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

ThingLink This is the video I made on my assumptions on what we are going to be doing.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My professor says that my uploaded homework is not easy to grade using the canvas application . It is too large scale, he has to scroll all across the page.  I upload the homework by taking a photo with my phone and then creating a pdf with adobe usi...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Where can I find U.S. History outcomes that can be imported to Canvas?  Does College Board have any?  I have been searching.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Within a single Canvas course, if multiple instructors set up their own appointment groups, will they see each other's appointments in the Calendar? Will they receive notifications for each other's appointment sign ups? 

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have been integrating WeBWorK as an external tool with Canvas via LTI. Students access their WeBWorK problem sets as a Canvas assignment, grade the problems in WeBWorK, then have the scores sent back to the Canvas gradebook. This was working fine ...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Some students find it hard to complete the assignment during one class.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I've created a quiz. How to copy (save) these questions to a bank I have also created. I've noticed that after I created the first quiz have been saved in a bank called Unfilled Questions. When I create a new quiz where will its questions go? How...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I can't log in to canvas, i tried forget password and they  never sent me a new link, i got a pairing code and signed up again and it says code invalid.  very frustrated and annoyed at this moment.  please advise

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a quick way to copy the images, saved in the Canvas files, into another course's files? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I direct students to contact me (the instructor) using the Canvas Inbox? Using the Inbox involves multiple steps - is it possible to simplify this process for students? Specifically, in my course syllabus I would like to provide a link (or so...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I do not assign a due date for an assignment, will it keep it off the To-Do list?(We are an elementary school using buttons to take our kids to each subject and the kids keep clicking on the To-Do list, which is having them skip important lesson i...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I find out how to use Canvas? Can I stop and start on my own schedule?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How long does it take for a course to copy over to another shell?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I was wondering if there is an option for a student to view when assignments were graded, similar to how we get notify when assignments are graded. I was trying to look back at these notifications but they seem to disappear after a certain amou...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new to Canvas.  I loaded tons of PDFs into the files on Canvas and linked them to my pages.  Now I can't get them to open directly, they download instead.  This will not work for my students.  Any fixes?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I remove unwanted courses from my dashboard?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I got married last summer. How do I change my last name on my Canvas profile/account?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to easily transfer a course from one organization's Canvas account to another organization's Canvas account? If so, will all the content copy directly, or will it need to be reformatted, etc.?Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies