Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Can I add a rating level to my rubrics on Canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,How do I access previous course shells that are no longer showing on my dashboard? I spoke to the previous instructor and he indicated everything on his end is still active but because I took the course over a year ago, it is no longer on my da...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can Canvas/Kaltura add an option to combine individual Kaltura student videos into one final student group video? This is not possible at this moment.  Now, students have to use other software and then try to cut and paste their individual video's in...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do we assign weights to assignments in the Gradebook?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I understand how to use question pools in quizzes, but I also want to implement a question pool for an assignment (e.g., a set of topics that students would write an essay on, but which get selected randomly from a pool). I need assignment-specif...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to create several versions of a quiz for a course and am unable to do a simple duplication. i have to copy to same course and i am getting errors and ones i have copied and renamed are getting overwritten.. there has to be a simple way to make...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why do I have some icons missing?  I watched a video on how to use Discussions, and there were icons for YouTube, Arc, etc...that are not showing up for me...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I add teachers and supervisors to canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Bom diaGostaria de saber se é possível efetuar uma cópia de segurança de uma Disciplina, com todo o conteúdo introduzido pelo professor e as diferentes tarefas desenvolvidas pelos alunos.Obrigado!João NunesTranslation from Google Translate:Good Morni...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi thereI replaced the file with the new version and then my students lost all their notes over pdf. I tried to restore the file but it seems that it doesn't bring back students notes. Is there some other ways to restore their notes or are they lost ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do "observers" view grades of the student they observing?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Simply, how do I upload a syllabus? Is the syllabus defined differently in Canvas? I am expecting to upload the traditional multi-page document that includes a course description, textbook, objectives, assignments, points for assignments, and schedul...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm researching the PROS and CONS of hosting Canvas on a dedicated server for up to 1000 students in a Vocational Skills Center.Question?Which Linux distro is preferred?  Debian 10, Centos 8, or Ubuntu Server?Does Canvas have backup utilities? What i...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can a student and/or the professor reopen a completed quiz that has been closed in the canvas?   

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

it works on my app but when i want to use it on my laptop nothing loads. I am able to log in just fine but once i want to click on my course it never loads, everything is just blank.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I post the end of the term grades

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello!I need to be out of my office for a week or so and want to set up automatic email reply. How is this done in Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!My HS is also becoming a Canvas school, MVUSD.  I am watching a video on a live training. I am watching Virtual Best Practices and  Sky  is showing us her "getting started" page, at 17:07 of the live training.  She has a long list of videos sho...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone know if there is a way to directly import questions from Classic to the New Quizzes?

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I would like to embed an image in a quiz.  I have had some students report they are unable to see the image.  How can I embed an image for all to see.  (accessibility is not an issue - this is a nursing class so Alt Text is not needed)

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

With developer key for an external app, a user needs to accept/approve it  with authorization button in order to lunch the app.  Is this a one time process? Does it require user to click authorization button every time when user needs to use the tool...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I change my password in Canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add an Assignment to my Home Page?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor at HCC Coleman Campus in Houston Texas. My class will start June 8.I need to put all content in and exams which will take incredible work.I cannot get started. I tired to merge my two sections by the instructors but failed and now ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to upload video lectures and I get an error code 400. When I try a video less than 5 min it works fine. More than that and I get the error code 400. What am I doing wrong? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am an instructor at Macomb and have a question.How do I Align  gradebook with my First Day Handout?Thank you.Dr. Wani

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm looking to add a custom parameter to my institution's Piazza LTI integration. We're moving from another LMS to Canvas and we're trying to make sure we get as much of the same functionality as we were able to before. With the integration in our pr...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies