Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Adding a rubric to assgnments.Why has the rubric button disappeared from edit assignments view and how do I get it back?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I retrieve unpublished assignments from an unpublished module. I was loading assignments and chose to place the module at the top of the page. It did not move and all of the assignments disappeared.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to allow another professor to access my course from last term: He needs access because he will be teaching the course next winter and needs to see what I taught.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating a quiz, I click the icon "insert math equation". the icon appears where it should be but below the whole quiz text and corrupted: with a large width and not workable. It is interesting  it happens only with this quiz; with others it wor...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Dear Friends,Please see my attached. when i insert a new quizz is ok show out assign to:But when I edit a quizz and add assign to:it's not show dropdown for choose??please tell me why?[image revealing students' full names redacted by Community Team]

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My course is set up so there are three sections that I cross-listed into one course.  I used Flipgrid as an external tool to create an assignment for students.  I created three separate assignments, one for each section of students in the course.  Wh...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to use the Grading tools in Canvas, but I am stuck on the following issue.  I have a few assignments for which  I want to enter separate 'grade assignment group' grades. For example, for a Presentation, I want to give students a grade for "Com...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If you randomize the order of your test items, can you still get an item analysis? Furthermore, how does item grouping work with item analysis? 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am wondering if I can save time preparing my midterm exams by simply moving some questions I have already written in QUIZZES  to a new QUIZ.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Canvas Community,Is there a way that I can see what pages students have viewed? Is there a setting I need to turn on when I set up the modules to enable this?Thanks!-Sophie

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-03-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Student can't join a conference. He can see the conference but doesn't see the "join" tab???

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can I print a copy of the syllabus?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HiI'm using the new attempt limitation for assignments (tests/quizzes in SCORM package that include an Articulate Storyline 360 quiz).If a student unintentionally open the assignment without taking the quiz, the LMS captures it as a first attempt and...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can I get my students to upload a video into CANVAS as an assessment??

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Had an exam on canvas close May 1 at midnight. I went to reopen the exam for one student and have it due tomorrow at 10 pm, I assigned it to the one student then saved. Now all the grades from the other students are "gray" and show nothing in speed g...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi there, we use "rubric grading by question" function in Speedgrader when we mark the assignment. One long question has about 20 marking points. I find that I cannot save the results for that question. Every time I click "save" then the system gets ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Eu fiz a avaliação para a conclusão do curso "Brinquedoteca e suas diferentes dimensões", como faço para conseguir o certificado?Esta mensagem foi traduzida usando o Google Translate.Subject: course certificateMessage: I did the evaluation for the co...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

a survey with one question. Students can choose option1, option 2, or option 3. ungraded

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do I unmute a grade column?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible for students to save a quiz without turning it in and go back to it later? I want to create a quiz with no time limit where this would be possible. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-05-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a question on a quiz that the resul is R=1.215e-4L atm/K mol but it says rond to four digits after decimal point, but when I try to do it , it changes to 0.0001 it is only five question quiz, and I don't want to get it wrong, how to write the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I had a quiz with 105 points already graded. I wanted the total grade to be 100 and have 5 bonus points. I therefore edited the quiz by changing a 5 points question to 0. So while the total is now 100, all student's grade is unchanged. I would like n...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to upload images to Canvas to embed in a "Quiz." Canvas seems to want me to use the Files section to store images for embedding, but I have made Files visible to students in order to share course documents with them. I would not like them ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I get a list of students who have participated in a discussion thread?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to create an essay portion of an exam (20 points total), and allow students to choose any 4 (of 6 possible) essays to answer (up to 5 points for each). This is part of a larger exam, that also includes multiple choice, matching, and t/f questi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I remove a teacher from my Canvas course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I regrade an assessment within new quizzes?  I have searched the information that is out there, but my screens don't look like that.  I have a class of 52 students, so I don't want to regrade each question individually.  I want to give all poi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As the title says, every module in my course that I have completed is suddenly labled incomplete and locked, so I cannot finish the coursework. The deadline has not yet passed, it is within the week however so I am quite frantic.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I know that for a quiz, Canvas can shuffle the order in which answer options are presented to a student. But after the quiz, is there a way for me to see the shuffle order -- the order in which answer options were presented to particular students?  F...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

What does the ! in the final course grade slot mean?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies