Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I tried to create a New Quiz and the settings look like this: it is impossible to choose anything but External tool, but  External tool is also not available... I guess this is a bug? 2020-05-02_18-38-30 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-03-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi!I'm hoping to get some insight on this. We are using the Zoom LTI Pro integration with Canvas. The Join button in the Zoom page within a course seems to disappear once past the start time. Is there a way to keep the Join button at least 10 or 15 m...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have created a series of quizzes, mostly simple multiple choice questions.  However I cannot see how to move the individual quiz to its module.  It has got to be simple, but I am new to Canvas.  (I have looked at the Guides)#

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-02-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I make a how to video to help students navigate my course.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I allow more time on a timed assignment for a student with disability provisions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't remember how to save my gradebook as an excel file.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

grade book total -- what are the components -- how is it determined? how do I get rid of 'total'

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm trying out Canvas using a free teacher account and I'm very excited. I would like to add an organization to this so that I can provide admin support to a collection of teachers. Other than self hosing, I don't see any way to do that. Where do I g...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My student messaged me and said all her discussions had disappeared. They are still visible on my view, but the green check is lighter than it used to be and I can't click on it to unpublish. When I go to STUDENT VIEW, the discussions are not there. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add organization to my dashboard in canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I dont know if I'm in the right place to ask this question, just done configuring the on-premise CANVAS LMS... I just want to know if there's a difference between the on-premise and SaaS features of Canvas? Coz, I cannot find the PROFILE menu on my n...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

why can't I upload a file to a discussion post

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I dropped a class from my college account, but it still shows on Canvas. But I cannot see the class from my college account again. I am not sure whether I have dropped it successfully.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A student has submitted her assignment to the wrong assignment thread (via Turnitin).  She was not able to delete it from her end.  In fact she has made double submission, 1 to the correct thread and 1 to the wrong thread.  However, it did not affect...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-08-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do you remove a question BANK?  I developed too many banks with similar titles... I would like to cut the BANKs.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

when i log on a big logo was on my screen and i couldnt access my account.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am helping an instructor who would like to have multiple graders in Canvas contribute to the grading of team presentations using a rubric. However, it seems that moderated grading for groups/teams is not supported. He has created a rubric that he w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I deleted an assignment that I still need it. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I deleted an assessment that I still need it

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I send my modules to students so that they appear in the front page of student view so they can access them?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When i need to answer a math question in scientific notation, how do i get the x in the answer? There isn't an option in the tools provided. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I have tried uploading an assignment via a turnitin link through canvas but there is no submit assignment button. An "upload essay" option has also been grayed out. I have attached a picture of the problem. This is very time sensitive as the a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to share a  video to a whole School via Canvas video.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have checked to ensure that all of the assignments set to upload in Canvas are clicked to "sync" with SIS as well...this is not the issue. None of my classes are matching Canvas after I click to import those grades into SIS.  What do I need to look...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why can't I open anything on my dashboard?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Create an account as a teacher. As the confirmation email took time to arrive, I entered with my login and password but the menu that appears in the course does not have teacher links activated:After the email arrived, I tried to enter with my login ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Apparently some of my students are clicking on pages or assignment links and the new analytics is not capturing it when I look at each student's access record.  Is the analytics supposed to capture data on access no matter how they get there say via ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I have canvas show my grades on my laptop because its only showing on my phone

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of our instructors received an email from Canvas, saying, "An account has been created for you at wsu.instructure.com, but you already have a Canvas account. If you would like to merge them together, click here."Apparently, this user also has an ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The scenario:a student messages me from the Canvas InboxI get the message in my campus emailI reply to say "send me a file"the student replies and attaches the fileI never get itI tell the student to email me form his/her email program, not form canv...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies