Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How can I insert the immersive reader availability in module assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have two math classes.  PM class can access the test today and complete it.  AM class, several have started the test, but it fails to save.  I have no submitted tests from the AM class.  Both were assigned through Canvas.  I kept trying to fix AM's...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I don't see an option to Generate a New access token from the Account>Settings. Please suggest

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am doing the Growing with Canvas tutorial.  How do I put my name in the Sandbox module I created?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As of last night, my students could view my assignments for this week. This morning I started receiving messages from students that they did not see my assignments for this week?? I went back and checked that the assignments and the modules were publ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If a student haven't done an assignment and I enter a 0 manually, how can I get Canvas to sync and override the 0.  Or do I have to delete the 0 first?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

with the prospect of distant learning on the horizon for next school year, is there a way to set modules up with access codes, like quizzes? This way students can progress through at their own pace.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I accidentally blocked the microphone in myMCPS classroom. How do I turn it back on?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to I unblock the Canvas Conference button for my students?  It worked last week but the students say that the Conference eye has a line through it on their dashboard.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add another teacher under People so s/he can view my assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having great issues on seeing the grades of my daughter. I login as a parent or observer. Navigate through all the things I don't understand. And somehow I find the grades link. I click on it but the grades are not showing. What am I doing wrong...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I create a course in Canvas as a book study, can I duplicate the course for other schools? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am starting to use Canvas to create a course using a book study so I am wondering what type of license should I select when setting up the course. Thanks in advance!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I just finished an online A&P Lab practical that was entirely images uploaded to Canvas.  Several students were not able to see the images on the test. Is there a way to fix this so everyone can see images? The images were all uploaded as JPEGs.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How can I use  New Analytics?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are looking to train folks who are brand new to Canvas, and are now in an extremely awkward situation, because all of the Canvas instructor guides show images of the old RCE. We are stuck trying to explain to some no-so-savvy instructors why it is...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am very, very new to Canvas!  I created a shell and need to add another person to it as an editor.  How do I do that and how do I send them access to join as an editor?Did I say that I was very, VERY new to this???  LOL!  Help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with microphone and webcam functionality with the Conferences tool? We are seeing it freeze Chrome browser to the point of needing to restart the computer.  It is probably related to BBB but I can't find anythin...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I find a fellow teacher's files?  She developed them earlier, but is now sharing with 12th grade team for online units. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you get Canvas to transfer a "completed" assignment as a "collected" assignment in PowerSchool using Grade Passback?  The issue is that when you mark the student assignment complete, it shows up with points as a "0" and if you edit the assignm...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Welcome to Canvas! You don't have any courses, so this page won't be very exciting for now. Once you've created or signed up for courses, you'll start to see conversations from all of your classes. Hi,I cant access my course anymore! can you please h...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I went ahead and sync my grades (MyMCPS) with my schools gradebook (Pinnacle gradebook). Now it appears my grades are doubled in the gradebook. How do I unsync the grades from MyMCPS and the schools Pinnacle gradebook?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I send an email to all the students in my class? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to create a table in quizzes. The table needs to be 18 by 18, the cells are equal size. I have edited the html code to try to create a table of this size. I get a warning that the question exceeds the max size (16384). Below is the co...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello, I have 26 students in one class. When they submit their assignment, usually I am able to see it on speedgrader and grade it. But I have noticed that out of 26 students, only 4 students' work is showing up. Also, I just gave them a quiz. Again,...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How i send the Assignment creared in canvas to student ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A question I get frequently is how to mute notifications for courses, specifically courses where they're teachers but not doing the grading. Canvas rolled out the option to mute course notifications, which is a great option for staff. Unfortunately, ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi all,I have a question from an institute who'd like to switch off all analytics and therefore, also the analytics from BigBlueButton. Up until now, I have not found out if this can be done, and if it can be done, how to do so.. Anybody here to help...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My colleague, who supports Zoom in our administrative group who don't use Canvas, is asking why we should use the Zoom integration with Canvas. He thinks it would be just as effective to create the meeting in the Zoom app or on the Zoom website and t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Guys,Hope everyone is managing levelthreedom well!! I have several questions based on integrating chatbots into canvas.1. Has anyone had any success integrating any outside web based chatbot like snatchbot into canvas other than using iframes?2. O...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies