Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I currently teach 3 classes of one subject and 2 classes of another subject. When I initially set up those courses in Canvas, I set up 5 courses.  I would like to now have only 2 courses to eliminate extra work of copying assignments. Is there any wa...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am the lead instructor for my course and over the last 24 hours have not been able to post announcements. Please advise on how I can resolve this. Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I was the instructor of record for a course for the past 25 years.  Last fall (2019) I was on sabbatical.  A colleague taught the course on my behalf.  To access the Fall 2019 course in Canvas I need to be added as an instructor.  Can you help me acc...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Will the new quiz format ultimately be compatible with LockDown browser?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 Replies

While trying to upload a file (5,4MB) i get the "failed to create new item" message. Does anyone know why that happens?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My super has asked me to do a comparison of the three and this is what he wants to know about it. What are the feature differences between the three and how well do they integrate into Canvas? Any assistance you can provide would be most appreciated....

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

where do i find GDPR ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I have recently set up a quiz with the functions of "shuffling" and "not allowing students to reverse back" to previous question items.However, when I received the responses, I found that the answers in the fill-in-the blanks are all jumbled up.S...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I'm enrolled as a TA on a range of modules at Queens University. I have been asked to make a new announcement on these modules but when I click new announcement it brings me to a blank page and won't let me create one. what do i need to do to get...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi there, we are still testing out New Quizzes, and are seeing something somewhat unexpected. When we create a new quiz from Quizzes tab, we see the box pop up asking us to Choose a Quiz Engine. But we don't see this same box pop up when we create a ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all, is there a way to print the rubrics we create? The one I have made for my midterm I tried to copy and Paste onto a Word document but it is just too big and I fiddled long enough to resize and make it fit onto one sheet but no luck...It wou...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to know how to download videos submitted by students to make a combined video.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created# a course inside Instructure platform. In summer,  I will teach it in a university which using its own Canvas. Will I be able just move this course to their Canvas? Thank you. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When my child is logged in and doing his assignments; how can I see they are submitted successfully? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an admin, can you disable the file uploading for teachers but not with students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a quiz that isn't showing up the marks in the mark book. When I checked in Speedgrader is says This submission is not in any grading period. How do I fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I gave 7 quizzes. Five were 100 points each. The last two were 21 points and 24 points. I want each quiz to count equally in the average. Canvas is calculating the average quiz grade from the total number of points, which slights the last two quizzes...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like help creating a quiz. I usually import the questions from Blackborad 6,7, 8, but for this particular assessment the quiz is a word document. Is there a way other than manually typing each question or cutting and pasting each question in ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I extend the "Available Until" date for an assignment after the original Available Until date has past?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do  I move a course from Evolve over to Canvas? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the difference between "last request", "current login" and "last login" when looking at a user's login information? It's confusing because all of the dates are different.  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I teach Drama in a high school in Australia.  My region is in full lock down, so our new term start has been delayed for at least another week.  Our entire school will be operating through Canvas, with even the students whose parents are essential wo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've searched and searched and can't seem to find the answer anywhere. My question is about formatting tabs in a Canvas page. I know how to create tabs within a Canvas page by entering/pasting in the HTML code, but I would like to format the tabs the...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-01-2020 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I cant preview PDFs in my browser. They were working but it has been like this for a couple weeks now Tried on macOS and windows 10Chrome Version: 81.0.4044.129 (Official Build) (64-bit)It works fine on FirefoxI also cant seem to report a porblem any...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a way to navigate within a page so that you can have a hyperlink at the top of a page that links to a bookmark further down on the page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a square root as an answer in a quiz?  I can put a sq rt in the question, but not the answer.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Permissions for file use appear to have changed very recently. Some of my files, regardless of how I mark them, are not being made available to students to download.The material meets criteria for fair use, I've tried marking it as "Publish" and as "...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

User Course Access Log in reports.   Anyway that the log can be set to pull data prior to 30 days?  I know I can manually access the access log per user per course but am interested in downloading the info beyond 30 days.   If log file unavailable in...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I cannot view a shared New Quiz that a coworker sent me. I can view the quiz and add it to my modules, but when I open the new quiz, there are no questions. Another teacher she sent it to is able to see the questions. Is there something else I need t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies