Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello, I have a second in my grade book the is for Imported assignments.  It is throwing my grades off.  Can anyone tell me how to remove it from my gradebook?  Thank you, Amy

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why is there a lag in a long SpeedGrader marking rubric? It is very annoying and makes the SpeedGrader  the SlowGrader

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can i set up for students to retake quiz but they only need to do incorrect questions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how to assign to all classes/

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Buenas noches,En principio no se si puedo escribirles en español, tengo un problema con mi perfil, soy estudiante y he intentado ingresar a tomar una evaluación por primera vez en el sistema y me es imposible, tengo hasta mañana para tomar la evaluac...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi I have a MacBook and when I log into dashboard to see announcments and other catagories, when I click on one it doesn't show me any text at all, it is blank. Do I need to download something or what can solve this? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I must prove my learning in Blend 101. I am working from a home HP personal computer. I have done the work over and over and all I see in modules is an external link symbol. This is putting my job in jeopardy. What do I do? I am aTA.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I manually enter a quiz grade for a student who took the exam at adaptive services and not online?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I add a new student into data base and get an entry code?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Lately, even though I have my Notifications set in Canvas to send me an email every time a student sends me a message in the Inbox, some of the messages do not trigger the email. Currently, out of approximately 50 students, there are two for whom I d...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I tell if students are reading the announcements?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When in SpeedGrader, it's super easy to toggle between students (there's even a drop down menu).  But what about toggling between Assignments when you're in SpeedGrader and want to stay with the same student?  With all the remote assignments coming i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I add a module to student 'to do' list? Very new to Canvas...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have just copeid a course into my Canvas account but when i look in student view the conference button doesn't appear. How do i re-enable the conference feature for the students, please?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi May I ask which programming language(s) make(s) the canvas work? and what kind of impact does this product have on the education industry?Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Number of Student HoursHow many hours is it estimated that a student needs to commit to the course

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I currently have three children in middle school. I observe all three on the Canvas website. Is there a way for me to seperate the information by student? As it is now it has all three students classes In alphabetical order and not seperated per stud...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to name my questions as Question 1a, Question 1b, ... but they appear as Question 1, Question 2,... which I don't like. How can I make a big question which sub-question a, b, a, c (which have different formats) in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was taking a timed test on canvas, and I was almost finished when I got kicked out and when I returned to the test all the information I typed got deleted, what should I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, hope allsell n all that  I wonder if i can share students little video from speedgrader? Any tipsThank you in optimistic anticipation .Stay healthy and gratefulDelia H

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to regrade a quiz? I cannot find the option in Speedgrader. thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I change the Automatically apply grade for missing submissions from 100% to 0% will that retroactively change grades that have a past due date and were not submitted? If not how can I make retroactive? Thank you in advance.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do If I want to cancel my registration what’s the process?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't read my students answers it looks like doble 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to download data concerning how much time each student spent on a quiz? I've found the average completion time per section in the "Quiz Summary," but it doesn't give a standard deviation or individual student data. I thought I could ge...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I completely delete myself from Canvas? I am getting way too many emails that is hard to keep up with. Emails with zero information on EVERYTHING!  Example; When Canvas sends me an email on an assignment graded, it doesn't tell me the grade. I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Previously when I would set up a conference on bigblue button there would be a phone number our students could use to call in if they weren't able to log online. It isn't showing up anymore - has this feature been removed? If so, what are my options ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I'm asking on behalf of a student in one of my small group classes. I've placed all of my students in groups on our Canvas page, and they were seeming to work fine, but just today my student reported that the tab or link to "groups" on the front ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I make corrections on an assignment in Speedgrader using the available tools on a .pdf document, students are not able to see my corrections. How do I change this so students are able to see the corrections on an assignment?The attachment show m...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am trying to view the pretest scores in alpha order by last name to determine attendance for last week.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies