Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is there a way to send out a message or news announcement to all active (starred, favorite, etc) classes and students.  I feel like there should be but I find myself copy and pasting emails and news items to all 16 classes and it is getting tedious. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I make a standard grading scheme for all my classes with the free teacher account? Or do I need to add it into every single class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I see columns of percentages on an assignment that appears on the grade book but i do not want this column to be shown on my grade book. When I go to assignment tab to edit it it does not show me any feature that enable s me to see how can I delete p...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need access to change the title and course code  in the course details.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-29-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

#Student ActivityI'm looking for a way to view all the activities done by one student in a day.  Background: I'm a first grade teacher so I have modules for all the subjects: Math, Language Arts, S.S. Science, Art, P.E., Library, Social-Emotional Lea...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It always opens to another instructor's course which has long past and I do not want to see it.  I just want to have my Dashboard come up.  I cannot change it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to alphabetize your students in new quizzes when using the moderate option?  The students seem to be listed randomly & I am not seeing a way to filter them alphabetically...  Just wondering if there is a better way to look at each stud...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, every time my daughter,who's in 2nd Grade have to do Math Assignments, we go through Module that leads to Student Edition, she tries to write her answers on the assignment worksheet  but it doesn't let her wright anything nor print out the ass...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello. Does "Lock questions after answering" below "Show one question at a time" in Classic Quiz  allow students to skip questions they may need more time answering and only return to them after answering questions the ones they can answer in a short...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I've figured out how to embed a Power Point into a Canvas page, but when I come back the next day, I get this message: Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to make sure my students can view the ppt. with hyperlinks that work. The hyperlinks don't wor...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I had students register for an account yesterday.  Some used a class code.  Now 2 students cannot get back in. I have tried deleting them on my end and then resending an invite, but then it says their email is already registered.  The problem is, whe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Presently my district is reevaluating its contract with edmentum, the maker of plato as a deliverer of content for students who are credit deficient. We are are a career technical (cte) high school so we need a platform that will deliver credits to s...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm trying to review the questions in a question bank that I have set up, but the "show question details" check box is not showing up. It shows up in all of the other banks. What an I doing wrong?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a team using Canvas in the student role. We'd like for the team to be able to share some docs on about 23 different topics. Only 1 or 2 people will need to share docs for each topic, but the entire team will need access to all the topics. What...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In modules I created an assignment that is a quiz. The quiz is set to 50 points when you open the quiz settings, but looking at it in the modules it says 0 points and it is recording in the grade book as 0 not the actual score. How can I fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The link to a YouTube video I've added to a page includes a timestamp, so that the video starts where I'd like and students don't have wait or find the point themselves. It doesn't seem to work though. Has anyone found a solution? #youtube #timestamp

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add extra time to an exam for a subset of students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

With this whole pandemic going around, I have no way of talking to some of my friends. And my friends are not in any of the courses I take! So there is no way for me to talk to them.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What does it mean when i deactivate a user?  Will the user be able to added again at a later time?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Rather than being in the normal black font, the things i can't access are in light gray and have a circle to the far right of the assignment name that isn't usually there. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!My name is Oksana, and I have a few questions concerning creating content in here.The major problem face is that I can't have access to my own content though haven't logged out. A users my colleague were about to collaborate on one project http...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I wanted to know what format should the output be from a Public JWKS Url (from a Tool provider) that is used in LTI 1.3?This is what we are sending out in our public url{ "keys": [ { "kid": "PKOegFlbTOO7tlr2UQpcO7R3xEFysVPkoA6WjF-l5To", "kty": "RSA",...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I would like students can have a second chance for submiting their assignment.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you put a Google slide presentation into a page? Is it a link?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I change a LOCK DATE?  I am trying to extend deadlines and keep getting an error message that it cannot be beyond the lock date....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a bug in creating a Developer Key for an LTI app?I can create a developer key for LTI, I initially created it with a Public JWK URL. When I tested the Developer Key for an assignment, I saw that the JWKS that was coming out of the public URL...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

JWKS FormatWhat is the format of the output from a well-known JWKS url?  I am trying to configure an external tool in the Developer Key. And the tool's JWKS url is returning a standard format for the JSON Web Keyset, i.e.{   "keys": [   {       "kid"...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

No one can get sound today. Error 1004. Failure on Call reason=not found. Help

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-15-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Question 1 Can students email each other via the Inbox?Question 2 I can see the GRADES link on my Navigation and it is on the top section where I want it.  However, I can’t see it when I go to the left bar or anywhere else and I need to access the gr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Canvas community...I am new to Canvas, and I am going to record some work on my desktop in Panopto...can I do this in a Canvas page?  Can I save the recordings in a Canvas place?   thanks...Timothy

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies