Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

The assignment upload facility is used for both assignments and tests/exams. In the case of an exam, can I prevent students from downloading their submissions, once submitted? This is necessary because, in a busy semester, not all students will write...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When students are trying to submit a google cloud assignment they get this message.  What am I doing wrong?

• 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Can teachers poll their students and get results from a class vote?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Howdy! I have designed a new homepage and when I make it my new 'front page' part of the last column of buttons is cut off. I know it has to do with the table the buttons are in and because the course stream and course navigation eat into the width a...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello!Where can I find the confetti feature? 

• 2 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Is there a way to assign a pdf worksheet so the students can type on it? I can get the assignment to open for each individual student to see, but I am not sure how they can edit the pdf.  My students are using chromebooks.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our school has moved away from percents and letter grades to standards-based grading. We report out on an integer scale (0-8), with each number representing a level toward mastery.  These are not "points" and do not add up or translate to a letter gr...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For quizzes that have both machine-scored (multiple choice etc.) and manually-scored (written) questions, it seems that Canvas automatically posts the student scores as if they scored 0 on the written portion, prior to me grading those questions.  I ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I delete old comments from my students work?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Apparently, yesterday I was putzing with courses and had some of them "turned off" in Calendar. As a result, I missed two meetings that students had booked with me through the system because I didn't see them. I understand wanting to keep class event...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I manually cross out completed tasks from my calendar? Some cross out and some do not.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am new to Canvas. I am an instructor. In the last MLS of Blackboard grade book there was a total points column that showed how many total points were in the course for all assignments. In Canvas I do not see where the points are calculated to show ...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have made several attempts to edit my name to include my new last name.  When I go to settings and click on edit profile, it does not allow me to change my name.  Why is that?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Actually i deleted a course in canvas.instructure.com accidentally  i have the course number can anyone please help me out its very urgent

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,How does my instructor know I am here online daily for attendance?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good day all,I am a new IT Helpdesk manager here at my school (Gulf Coast State College), and we have run into a curious problem.  I have a faculty user who, when they log into the GSCS instance of Canvas she gets a view that has the Canvas page cont...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a tool of function that allows for canvas discussions to be anonymous???

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I add a done button to a page

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all-I keep trying to upload a profile pic onto Canvas- but like other comments I have seen here, it selects the image but will not upload no many how many times I try, or leave/refresh the page. I am on MAC and the software is all updated, but I c...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way for Admin to easily block students from courses when they have not made their payment?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Many of my teachers subscribe to the Scholastic Classroom Magazines. I am following Scholastic's directions on how to add the LTI integration to Canvas, but having no success. After adding the App with the key, secret, and launch URL per the directio...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I copy a course  to a new semester but not have it referring back to the older course?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've added two email addresses to my Profile as an instructor, but still can't get either one to show on my Profile under "Contact"- it says "No registered Services...".  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.Thanks,Dana

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to remove the cartoon characters from the middle of "Reply" page in Discussions?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently took a credit-by-exam for English 2 and I was sent an email an hour ago telling me that it had been graded but when I went to check my grade it said I was no longer in the course and could not view the grade. Does anyone know how I can fin...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking for detailed directions to export a canvas class and import it to a new empty shell

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I searched that the previous post on this wasn't asking the question I have, so my apologies if someone else has asked this specific thing before. I allow extra credit in each grade category in my course. However, I do not want any grade category to ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have one student who is not able to type into the text box for essay questions on a canvas quiz.How can I help him?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to sign up for class URL: https://everettsd.instructure.com/enroll/CKKK3T but I don't where ....to do this!!! can you help?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have an assignment that had a due date time of 11:59 pm.  Canvas says the student turned it in at 1:13 pm the same day, but Canvas also flagged it as late.  I'm thinking they turned it in late but changed the time on their computer so that it would...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies