Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I use BigBlueButton conferences for my virtual classes.I have one student who can't see any chat features on the left side of the screen. I thought she might just need to click "Public Chat," but there was nothing there. She shared her screen so that...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are migrating to a new domain and need to be able to have people log on from the new domain and the old domain for a period of time.  I am not sure how to accomplish this with Canvas.  Anyone have any ideas on who to make this work?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to get an access to module? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can students embed images and videos into a discussion using the new content editor?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the maximum number of questions can be asked on a "quiz"?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you tag an announcement so that students in a class see it right away?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We just finished speaking with our CSM about the Quizzes.Next rollout. One thing that is concerning is that question banks in Quizzes.Next are tied to individual users and not courses. While that may work well for K12, it's a big problem for HiEd, es...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 15 Replies

Hello people! I have a problem with uploading a 360 virtual reality object, created in Adobe Captivate. It is navigable and interactive on Canvas, however 360 images do not appear. Does anyone know the problem? We have already opened a call to Canvas...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Trying to create a quiz.  I enter the question and save, but the question doesn't appear

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My modules aren't visible in student view. Modules are enabled. I have published my course and all the pages within my modules. However, the module still has the eyeball with the slash through it. How do I fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello people! I have a problem with uploading a 360 virtual reality object, created in Adobe Captivate. It is navigable and interactive on Canvas, however 360 images do not appear. Does anyone know the problem? We have already opened a call to Canvas...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like to send a message to students automatically when they submit a quiz. 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I am editing a page, I no longer see the icon for adding a YouTube video. I am guessing this has to do with the most recent updates. Where do I find this option or how do I reinstall?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My institution is currently moving from Moodle to canvas. I currently have a dashboard and course shells have been provided. How do I import my previous courses in Moodle?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using Big Blue Button for my classes. I have one student who gets the error message 401 denying her having access. She is on the school issued Chromebook and is using Chrome as her browser. Any ideas?Thank you

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Me gustaría saber que tamaño es el adecuado para la imagen principal del MOOC (logo), ya que no aparece y me gustaria que la imagen apareciera en su tamaño real y no recortada.Este mensaje ha sido traducido usando Google Translate.I would like to kno...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I’m running into a Canvas issue where a new rubric I’m creating (complete/incomplete, with points removed) reverts criteria to alphabetical order when I post it. I’m not running into the same issue with rubrics that were created and imported from las...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello:I have a question regarding the setting up of an External LTI App in a Course I have in https://canvas.instructure.com/ I have included a screenshot of the External LTI App that I am trying to create, I notice that there is no setting that allo...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I recieved an iMac from school while working at the San Diego campus and although it allows me to login, I believe the DOD partition does't allow me to see my courses or course work. It is an OS X 10.10 and it also doesn't allow an upgrade to 10.11, ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to automatically keep a record of a score when I excuse the score? Right now I manually write it in the comments, e.g. "was 78".

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How is to that there is zero tech support? I have searched Canvas and all I get is crowd sourcing, with no ability to reach tech support ????

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Has scientific notation yet been added in the quizzes... particularly in formula based questions?  It seems like people have been asking for it a long time, but all my searches on this question seem to date to most recently six months ago. Pretty cri...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A teacher is having an issues with Speed Grader that it will not save entered grade/score unless a comment is also entered. This is new and so far unique to this teacher. Any ideas?speedgrader glitch speedgrader data entry 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I would like to work on the gradebook offline,so I can see what the grades are before the students see them.  How do you do that?# Mary

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I set the final grade based on averages eg homework is 20%,tests 60%, final worth 20%, etc./

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello everyone!  I hope all of your good.  I have questions and let me start with this on, first, let us say I grouped my assignments according to the school's period or quarter.  Is it possible for the canvas grade be displayed per quarter?Another t...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Since I cannot use Doc viewer tools to comment on my students' essays, (because I foolishly asked for anonymous peer review and apparently these two tools are incompatible) I then tried to download all the essays to comment in Word, and then upload t...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I not embed a YouTube video using the new Rich Text Editor? Previously, there was an option to disable the inline previews, which is highlighted in this Q&A, but that option has disappeared under the new update. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where and  how can I post my extra credit point in the grade book?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to add spelling city website to canvas for students to access.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies