Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How do I create Quick Checks, for weekly assignments? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Though I'm HIDING the grades and comments using SpeedGrader, it keeps defaulting back to allowing the student to view their grades.  I've had to HIDE grades for students several times, and then I get emails from student asking where their grade is be...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I choose the "Sync to PowerSchool" option when I'm creating an assignment, where/how does it show up in my course? I tried it and cannot find the assignment in PS.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i use the discussion bored?where do I go to begin my online class?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete columns in my grade book.  I published lessons, then did not use, so I have empty columns that I would like to remove.@tracybirkett

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Sorry if I'm missing something, but I've been all through the help guide and can't find this topic--maybe I don't know the searchable terms?  Anyway, is there a way to set dates and times for modules to become visible?  As in: how do I set up a modul...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need to give a final exam to my students. I would like to upload the same exam, but two different versions of the quiz: one for students who have the ability to use Honorlock and another for those who do not. I have tried renaming the exam on my de...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

how do i find my instructor course ID 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you make a fill in the blank question with a range of answers?  Example:Your activity time today was ______________ minutes.   (possible answer range would be any multiple of 5, so 5,10 , 15 20, 25.... etc

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

First time user!  I want to invite another teacher for another set of eyes before typing in all the questions! 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I put my current canvas assignments in my sandbox for next semester?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am late to submit one of my writing assignment in a limited time. I got into the canvas and it said the tool has expired, and I can’t see the button to submit my writing assignment. I am late to submit another assignment too, but that one can submi...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi everyone. I'd like to describe an issue that occurs from time to time by itself (not attached to any changes made in our campus).The CSS we use includes some callings to the icons font provided by Instructure here in their UI references. As you ca...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can a trainer add a students assessment into Canvas on the students behalf?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why can't my students see the class on Canvas even though I have published the class?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We've only started using Canvas at the start of 2020.  The Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in a rapid implementation - which has been great.  We're trying to work out if Canvas can be used as a good tool for writing programs.  We'd like a standardised...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi I am marking on canvas using the voice feedback and finding that after about the 4th assignment, the voice recording does not work,, can you urgently help me as I have many assignments to markDr Khimji Vaghjiani

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had a login problem in 8.May 4:30~6:00. I could not log in to the Canvas so I requested a new password but I could not get any email in 30 mins even though there was a notice that it was going to take about 30 minutes. I was in my exam time at the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I copy a case from one course to another?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't know how my canvas has Spanish language. I have never used Spanish language. How can I change it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why are my courses not on my dashboard yet?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like IT for the 100th time to fix microsoft

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

what is best way to set up short 2-day orientation courses which repeat every week with new students?  My main concern is assigning the quizzes so students cannot see them until the time they are supposed to take it.#recurring quizzes#copy quiz#short...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do i log into flipgrid

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Is there a way of changing or fixing the way the names of users are displayed? The names that were uploaded via csv files did not follow one format.For example, There were names that were encoded like this "Teresita Mijares" and some like this "Mi...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I keep getting responses to course content from other  students in my email.How to I cease these notifications please?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have been tasked with managing the transition of our year 10 students to year 11, either here or at another education facility.  I want to set up a CANVAS course for this.  Is there a way to add all the Gr10 students in bulk rather that having to e...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Do you need to have microsoft word / products (eg excel, powerpoint etc) to get the most out of CANVAS?  We are considering just making use of Google Docs?Any tips / things we should be aware of?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies