Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

When I screen share on my laptop in Conference all I see is a maze of many windows making the feature unusable. How can that be fixed?Scott

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-28-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am putting my email into the "forgot my password" feature and hitting "request password, and I am never getting an email back from the system. I tried multiple times yesterday and then even tried again today. This is really not working for me that ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello:One of my students indicates while taking a quiz she was kicked out of the system and she could not go back in.  Thus, I need help re-opening the quiz for the student.  The quiz was set up so students could only take it once within a 7 day peri...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If using Quiz function as a method for creating a student assignment and have settings as per below - the students should be able to immediately see their results as they complete the quiz correct? If in the 'gradebook' the assignment is muted would ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i'm using laptop to enter my class. How do I video/audio connect/interface to the class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

im using the app not the web browser

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I accidentally deleted some stuff from my to-do list... how do i get it back?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!  I found a guide about how to add a picture to a discussion post if you are a student.As a student teacher using an ipad, I’m trying to create a discussion board.  I want to add some pictures in the creating of the discussion board.  So I have...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some of Speed Grader scores not showing in Grades, may I get some help? Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a Canvas installed on my server and want to create a structure where I have a group of people with access to some calendar and discussions in common (kind of same "workspace"), I managed to do it using institution groups but now I want to crea...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In classic quizzes I can make the correct answers available to the students at a later date than when it's due.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello!I have a teacher who is using the External Tool submission for her assignment. She has the due date set as yesterday at 6 PM and the Available Until today at 6 PM. Is there a reason why the grade book does not show the Red Status Missing for st...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This is the message that I get from 1 students assignments all assignments.  Have ask she is not dragging and dropping  answer No, she is uploading from google drive answer yes, I try to download and get the same message."This file contains HTML and ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-24-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I would love to hear from others that are using Canvas + Seesaw in the elementary setting (PK-5).Thank you in advance!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-28-2022 View Solution
  • 16 Likes
  • 62 Replies

I have an embedded tutor in my course. I'm hoping to find a way to allow him to leave comments on essays as he would in class without enabling a role that allows him to see grades. Suggestions? Is this possible? 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I gave a quiz yesterday from commons and had to reassign it today for some students who did not complete it.  When I hit speedgrader, the scores for yesterday are gone?  How do I retrieve them??

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Wondering if there is a #way to organize what gets displayed in the student to do list.  Some teachers are reporting that students are only seeing things appear from a couple of weeks ago and not the most current assignments.#todolist 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am building a quiz with a reading passage followed by comprehension questions. I would like to be able to build it with the option to show students one of several different passages, followed by a selection of questions related to that passage.I kn...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Our university has added 6 custom links to course and user navigation. It is quite a few and makes course and user navigation very cumbersome because they are soooo long. I am trying to figure out a way to consolidate those links into one link that t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to create a matching section to a quiz. How do I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 2 graded assignments for each student in the grade book so far.  I have the Assignment group set to 15% of total grade, and each Assignment is worth 10 points.  The Assignment column for the total shows greater than 100% for the students.  For...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How to access the webcam in Canvas?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Cannot locate the SRI.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can a teacher who creates a free Canvas teacher account track student time? The free teacher account tracks page views but I need it to track a student's total time (or time accessed by page). Is there a paid teacher version that has this? I think th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Migrating old quiz banks to the new quiz engine:I have about 100 different question types, each with 5 versions. These are ones I've made myself--they are not from a publisher's question bank. That makes for 100 question banks--one question type per ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-19-2022 View Solution
  • 11 Likes
  • 13 Replies

Is there a way to pull up assignments once they have been graded?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi.  I got this request from a teacher and it makes sense. I couldn't find anything that really answers aside from organizing in Modules etc.  This is in relation to the Quiz index page only..."Canvas organizes Quizzes by separating Quizzes, Practice...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I try to record in canvas for a lesson, the record/upload media will only record my voice not video.  Where do I go to fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I go on course progress, I see all of the grades listed. Some of the grades aren't listed and there are pictures. What does the picture mean?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an admin in canvas as a student. How do I change her role?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies