Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Permissions for file use appear to have changed very recently. Some of my files, regardless of how I mark them, are not being made available to students to download.The material meets criteria for fair use, I've tried marking it as "Publish" and as "...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

User Course Access Log in reports.   Anyway that the log can be set to pull data prior to 30 days?  I know I can manually access the access log per user per course but am interested in downloading the info beyond 30 days.   If log file unavailable in...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I cannot view a shared New Quiz that a coworker sent me. I can view the quiz and add it to my modules, but when I open the new quiz, there are no questions. Another teacher she sent it to is able to see the questions. Is there something else I need t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Ahoy all,This is a request for plain English about Sections & Discussions - because that help page isn't really clear to me. I just need someone to tell me succinctly that I'm allowed to create 1 discussion (no need to differentiate due date, etc), a...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Why are some of my calendar assignments crossed out and some not regardless of their due and availability dates? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When a course says textbook can be obtained through ICON Direct, where and what is that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I allow a student to resubmit an assignment once it has already been submitted. How do you delete the initial assignment upload that will allow the student to resubmit or upload the assignment with corrections?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you know what you made as a final grade in the last course you took?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to change a user from Student to Teacher. How do I do that? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I've decided, based on some excellent advice, that I want to make my ungraded discussions graded, but with a value of 0 points to make them show up in my list of things I need to grade. But I have three classes and 20-30 discussions for each class. H...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I create a multiple choice quiz in canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In my first discussion post, I just wanted students to respond to the prompt (and see what their peers thought after posting an initial reply). I made sure to deselect "allow threaded replies", but students are able to reply to posts. Is there anothe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is setting up an exam on Canvas the same as a quiz? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I attach a word document or pdf instead of using the submission entry when there is no attach option available in the assignment? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After grading an attempt on quizzes.next and marking it as "incomplete," the student retried the assignment and got enough points to get a "complete," but this higher score attempt did not show on speedgrader. (unlimited attempts and display highest ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way for students to quickly share their personal files uploaded to files with a teacher?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I built a new quiz and put a hot spot picutre in it. All of the questions have points on them.What do I need to do in order for the assignment to show points when view the module it is under.Also, students have taken the quiz and the students scores ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is campus only for inter-campus communication?  My instructors have us use it for career based outside associations but not being able to get email means no possible job contacts. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does a student activate reception of Announcements in Canvas? What are the steps to follow?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Background: We are in the process of transitioning to Canvas from Blackboard Learn. Overall we are thrilled with Canvas. Simultaneously, we had just selected ProctorTrack as a remote proctoring solution for online courses. We have learned that New Qu...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i type in the answers onto the worksheets to submit my assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have tried to sign in using in the login page for regular email with the correct password and it wont let me in.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to download schedule as pdf?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't know the password .... How do I get the password or reset the password?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Howdy, I am creating an LTI and I am using the IMSGlobal PHP 1.3 library. I am running into an issue where I get the highlighted error message.Looking at the access logs I can see it get redirects to my LTI ODIC login which validates correctly before...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to download a quiz from commons and it is not showing up on my course. When I have done it in the past it has worked just fine. Is there a setting I am missing? #download canvas‌

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some grades show as hidden even though I did not mean them to be.  I inherited the class and want to change that hidden status.  The eye has a line thru it at the top left of the grade columns.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created three assignment for 4th quarter.  One is a graded quiz and two are graded survey's however, they are not showing up in my grade book at all

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The previous version of Canvas enabled an instructor to mute grades for an assignment, which would enable the entry of grades without the students being able to see until they were unmuted.  How are grades muted for all students for a given assignmen...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some of my courses do not show conferences on the student view tabs.  I put it above the navigation line in settings.  What am I missing?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies