Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I remove or change a percentage category from a course? I have a category worth 20% that should not appear for this term. Thank you.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

While making a quiz using Filling in the Blank, when I enter correct answers, which are often longer sentences for the type of quizzes I give, I receive warnings that my answer keys are over the 80 character limit. When I ignore it, my answer keys ar...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

how do I change my password?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I upload a power point to Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I copy a quiz from one class to another? I have entered the questions and answers in one quiz.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I log out one student and login another? we only have one computer. It keeps only logging the first student.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some of my recorded concluded Conferences are gone.  How do I find them?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've recently begun using the external tool Hypothesis Collaborative Annotation Tool in my classes. The tool itself is exactly what I have been looking for, however, several of my students are reporting that their pages are becoming unresponsive or t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do I know my student submitted work but teacher hasent reviewd

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to allow students to view a quiz and their responses after the quiz has closed if I didn't set that up initially?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to add celebration emojis when students turn in the last assignment in the term.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-26-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Lost a question.Somehow deleted multiple choice question 14. When I try and add it at the end, acts like an essay question which was the last type; doesn't give me 4 options for answers (yes, indicated we were in multiple choice land). How do I inser...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does Canvas have a text-to-speech option? If so, how/where can I implement if I need to differentiate?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hola.Quiero saber cómo eliminar o dar de baja mi cuenta en Canvas y no lo veo por ningún sitio el cómo hacerlo. Agradezco que alguien me ayude..Un saludoTranslation from Google Translate: Hi.I want to know how to delete or unsubscribe my account in C...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-12-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

There is a Chemistry 211 course I having been taking all semester, and for some reason, during the final week of the end of the year, I can't access it. The course no longer appears on my Dashboard, while all of my other courses still do. After tryin...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Thank you for the feedback. This was helpful 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to contribute Chinese translation for Canvas. However, when I am trying to access the Canvas’s Transifex Project listed on Canvs-LMS github page (https://www.transifex.com/instructure/canvas-lms/ ), it says project not found. Since, based on C...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HiWhy I can't reach my teacher, can't take my quiz.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create a multiple fill in the blank question in a quiz?  More specifically, what would such a question look like when entered into the editor when creating the quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an assignment for my class. The submissions are there. I am not allowed to turn off "posting" the results to the students so it isn't live to the students. I don't want it to be posted one by one as I mark. Can someone tell me some way to turn...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm an individual instructor and created a Canvas account. I would like to integrate this with Microsoft Teams which requires one to have an admin account which I do not appear to have on Canvas. As there is no one else/no institutional IT how ca...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Student is asking how they can access the viewing pane to see tutor comments - is there a video or guide anywhere - I've looked in the student Canvas guide and cannot see anything. As a tutor I don't see this page view in the same way

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm using Canvas for my writing classes, and I'm asking them to provide a peer review using a rubric. They write comments rather than put in points. The problem arises after they submit their comments. They can't see them when they re-open the rubric...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The assignments are not showing up in Speed Grader.  They are in the zip file when down loading but not in the Speed Grader layout.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, Is there any way to edit rows or columns within tables in Canvas? I'm trying to change the color of the first row in my table. Below is an example of what I'm looking for except I don't want to use text background color because of responsiveness....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Como faço para emitir o certificado da Experiência SL?Translation from Google Translate: How do I issue the SL Experience certificate?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A student got an error message: Ajax error: 0 after compelting an online Canvas quiz. Is this something to be concerned about?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hello I have a problem when I went to my online courses for a few days they said that I have to give it up at June second but now they say that I have to give it up at April 26 and April 27, but I cant finishing it all of it so I want to ask if can h...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I published a test which my students have already taken, but before I published it I forgot to assign the correct points for each question. I have since went back into the quiz and assigned each question the correct amount of points. However, the Spe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies