Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

HOW TO MAKE A VIDEO ON CANVAS

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've just created a new teacher account via https://www.canvas.instructure.com . All the name fields in Settings are blank. These fields used to default to the username data entered on the new account dialog. This has changed recently and now my appl...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to get a list of all of my student assignments onto one page? I would like to use this as a checklist for my remote learning log. 

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I integrate qultrics into canvas? It asks for a customer key and shared secret?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As a student, my instructor has asked of all students to upload an introductory video into a discussion that was created. As an example, my instructor uploaded a video as a reply to the initial discussion post. Many other students have also replied. ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to put zeroes in assignments for missing assignments?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there any way I can receive a confirmation email to make sure I submit an assignment or quiz? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi!  On the dashboard page, I see 2 icons, both with the name of the course I will be teaching:  EDU411 Clinical Practice for Paraprofessionals.  One icon is purple and the other one green.  Does it make a difference upon which one I load content?Tha...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If I post a video, will I be able to tell is students watched it? For example, since it is looking pretty likely that we will have to continue online courses for fall, I would like to create a video overview of the first assignment and require that s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a teacher, how can I register for a Professional Development course on my canvas?I have the code but don't know where to put it to get started with that course.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I delete an individual module from my grade book that is showing up in the wrong grading period?  It is from a previous grading period, it also has submissions, but it is showing up in what is now our last grading period.  

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I get my textbook for my coarse

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is in part due to carryover from our Blackboard system, but we have a number of courses that are really organizations, e.g. committees, interest groups, etc.We are wondering what the best way is to organize and manage these "courses". Part of me...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In a dual stream video recording, is it possible for an instructor or video content creator to set the view to side-by-side or picture-in-picture and NOT allow the viewer to change it? In other words can we set view options and disable them for the v...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have currently Canvas Pro and have an option to download the animation. However, after a long time of preparation (like at lease 10 min), it always shows me "we were unable to download your design". No matter how many times/other laptops I use.Howe...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

All of a sudden I am unable to check student scores on a few assignments from the module on my phone. What am I doing wrong? When I go to the module, a few assignments are gray and I am unable to click on that assignment. Any suggestions? 

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I add a teacher assistant?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to create calculated grade columns in the grade book. I've talked with the Canvas help desk and was surprised to learn that this simple, basic LMS function is not possible in Canvas. However, I'm sure that some of you have figured a work...

• 10 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Every time I try to transport a video that I made to a discussion from a file it won't let me. But when I send the teacher the video It sends

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi - I have a student that is being added to my roster 1 week late and they will need access to a few concluded conferences to which they were not originally invited so they can catch up with the class. How can I do this?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

In a conference, how do I communicate with all breakout rooms at the same time? E.g. when I want to send the same message to all rooms. So far I've only been able to contact each room separately. Thanks.Jeroen

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi,I have completed all the items in this list but they still show due. Is that expected?I ask since one item shows as completed.Regards,Amit.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, can't insert my name in IDG, only timeslots. What I am doing wrong? please help me

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When editing my settingings in profile (How do I change the settings in my user account as an instructor?), why can I not see the fields "Pronouns" or "Default Email"? Is this why my "Contact" field is blank in my profile? I have entered and confirme...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I resubmit an assignment on Turnitin? (I have the option of resubmission of 3 times for my assignment)

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,we have a LTI 1.1 tool for Canvas, and we want to do some load tests using JMeter. Something like, time access with a bunch of simultaneous users.Someone has tried this before? Some advises, best practices? There is something special we should...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I teach a Boolean Algebra / Digital Logic course and I just know some students are going to fail to follow my directions for how to format it to make Canvas recognize the answer. Is there an option to mark a question so that if it is marked wrong it ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are trialing the Single Sign on feature for Canvas.Has someone has success using Google/ Microsoft authentication in DoE schools?Please feel free to suggest.Thanks,A Thapa

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Situation:Students take 2 versions of the same exam. I upload the exams from a sand box. Once I upload the exams, students take them and the grade appears in the grade book, no problem...Here is my dilemma. I went back to the same shell and renamed t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Fiz a conta dos os dados errados, preciso desativar e não sei como.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies