Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi Team, can anyone advise whether you can disable email notifications being automatically sent when you post an 'announcement' in a group?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I use the video tool

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiI currently have the grade posting policy set to Manual on an assignment. I want to release the results on a set date. How can I do this ? I know I can go in on a set date and click Post...but i want to be able to set a date so i dont have to remem...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I was taking a quiz, and when I hit submit, the following page failed to load. So I had to refresh my quiz page, which led me to my submission page. My quiz was submitted, but were my answers affected? As in, were they cleared or anything of that sor...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to use complete/incomplete for distance learning and set up your grade book so if students who don't submit online work automatically get a zero?  I'd like to see who is doing partial work which I score as incomplete verses a zero for ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to track which students make comments in a discussion?  I sure is a way, but i just cant find it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make my Homepage more inviting for my second grade students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create a drop box?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-24-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Administrator importing lessons to several of my teachers for week of April 27.  I am now a member of each class and each teacher's name shows up when I import except one.  I am unable to import lessons to her.  Not sure why?I already have her on my ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-24-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I print, or save, a student's Quiz Activity Log?  I tried and it only previews one page at a time.  Thanks!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am only seeing this partial credit feature for some of my new quizzes but not others. I have taken a screen shot of me making a new multiple answer question in two different quizzes I have. In one quiz, I am given the partial credit option, and in ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When I use the feature in gradebook to "Message Students Who Haven't Submitted Yet," often times a number of students receive the message even though they *did* in fact turn this in.  This leads to loads of emails from students freaking out that thei...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My grade posting policy was set to manual. Grades were hidden. The moderation process was enabled. I did this while grading and wanted to release grades at the same time when all was done.Lo and behold, a single student grade was posted anyway. A sin...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I publish student grades that I've entered in my CANVAS student grade book so that my students can see their grades?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-23-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I would like to keep a quiz that the students already have taken "published" so it stays in the grade-book, but I would like to close it.  I want it to say "closed" directly under the quiz in the quiz menu.  I did this a few weeks ago but have ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After I have created a discussion and go through to check that all the links and all are working, and click next, it DOES NOT take me to the next activity but back to the home page. How do I fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, is there a PDF that shows a comparison between Classic Quizzes and New Quizzes?  I have been using New Quizzes and I have some teachers who use Classic Quizzes.  It would be great to have PDF or some type of document that compares and contrasts t...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I didn't see it in the notifications settings, but maybe I am totally missing something obvious.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to I make Canvas automatically put a zero in student's grades who did not submit an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created an online graded survey and left it anonymous. Great right! no -_- I had essay question in there and it says I can't look at them be they anonymous

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way that I can get Canvas to understand that order does not matter in fill in the blank questions? Otherwise, I have to go through each quiz and change the answer to correct or I would have to change the question to a different type.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A student's exam was disrupted on Canvas.  How do I restart the quiz for the student and erase the grade that they had up to the time of the disruption?  They had completed 14 of 40 questions when the disruption occurred.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I "hide" the cards on the dashboard so that I am only looking at the ones I need?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why am I not able to see a graded assignment upon downloading the graded submissions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have forgotten how to upload images from my computer into Canvas Files

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to hide some of the details on the course menu

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I set up Canvas email to allow me to respond to Canvas emails directly from my regular email?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to have three versions of the same exam (e.g. Mid Term 1).  I want to divide the 33 students into 3 groups of 11.  These 3 versions will vary (quantitative problems).I tried creating one group, but I can't find a way to put the other students ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Just wondering if any the keyboard short cuts like CTRL+K function still works in the new text editor or is there a different keyboard shortcut for adding in links with the same options (alt tag, open in new tab)

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need help posting a powerpoint presentation with audio (I recorded the narration in PPT).  When I tried to upload to canvas it forced me to download the file and I couldn't get the audio to play

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies