Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

There was a time you could use screensteplive to embed a Canvas guide on a page. Is that still possible as it was not working for me. 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-21-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I find out of the university I am affiliated with has a Canvas account?  I previously had a Blackboard account through this university extension course but this option has been discontinued.  Is there a phone number I can call about getting C...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am not doing the "play button" option to record media for me or my students in the new quizzes.  The guides keep coming around to using the "new rich content editor" Does anyone know a fix?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a training institution, created an account, it says for Teachers, I do not see ADMIN. I have a team of 5 people that I need to create logins for. I looked everywhere and can not find the option. I've reached out multiple times, submitted to requ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have made up several exams (quizzes) for my online classes.  I tried using the Multiple answer type questions where I was looking for the student to pick two correct answers out of a list of 8.  If the student picks only one answer instead of 2 it ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can any instructor using Canvas have access to Direct Share to share assignments and quizzes to another instructor within our district? There has to be a better way than sending something to Commons where it takes  several days to "process." That jus...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to make graphing questions where students need to plot 3 points to form a triangle and the graph 3 more points to translate the triangle.  Is this possible in new quizzes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 Replies

this is the second week and we still can open on canvas. i finally was able to upgrade my mac ad the web instill not working.. when i open canvas is glitching. so we can't use it  please help

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is one student not able to access the assignments?  It was a downloaded article.  The rest of the group can.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm having issues loading the main canvas page and anything other than my own profile settings, such as my dashboard, etc. I cannot find a way to report such a problem. Is there any implemented report system for issues like this? I found a Q and A fr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been looking for documentation on what the student leader in a group can do. From what I can tell, they can change the group name. Are there other documented (or undocumented) permissions that specific user has? I can't see any benefit to assign...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i make my announcements view able to my students? It has an eye icon with a slash through it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to schedule a Canvas conference on the same day and time for the next 5 weeks can this be done and not be published like assignments.#usingbigbluebotton

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Video sound not working. The video sound is not working for any of the videos my professors have embedded withing the script. It is like this for all of  my canvas classes. How do I fix this problem? (also the sound is on the video, I clicked on the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-04-2021 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am a teacher. How do I reset a student's password? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change the point total in a quiz?    The default seems to be the number of questions you put in the quiz.  10 questions = 10 points.  I want 10 questions to equal 100 points

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

what is the best way to put a word document on a canvas home page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm building a Canvas Site as part of an internship. Now, my canvas site is at the institution where I work, and will be servicing those students. However, I would like to add my professor, who is at a different institution, so that they may revi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teachers aide. I signed up as a teacher role when I created the account. All I need is to access my teacher I work under as an observer. I do not know what to do in order to do that 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For attendance, checklists, and other instructor functions for which I need regular access to a class roster, for four courses per-semester, usually 230-250 students, it is most efficient for me to have easy access to a roster that is sorted as alpha...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The majority of our classes are created and students are enrolled from an SIS import. We want these to stay the same. We are wanting to add courses that are short-term continuing education type courses and we would like to have people self register f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 4 sections of the same course.  I'd like to email them all 4 at once, but I don't see how to do that.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I did a grade audit and all of my assignments are muted except for a few (quizzes, exam 1, and a few others). When I check the assignments, modules, and gradebook, all 1000 course points are accounted for-- When I export the grades, the final grade f...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, How do you give credit to all for a question that you are throwing out? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please tell me how to undo a deletion of a quiz

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

ConferencesI understand how to set up a conference, but how do you schedule a date/time for the conference?  Thanks, AEZ

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

converting a word doc 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Yesterday, I made a Kaltura video of a 45-minute lecture. After about 14 hours, the video still had not finished uploading to canvas. So I gave up on it. I have decided to make two shorter videos. I tried to delete the video about two hours ago, but ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can you add multiple rubrics to one assignment?  Students have 5 options of a writing promt and each requires a slightly different rubric.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to know all the Math's tools like graph input into canvas,please.fnguyen@compton.edu

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies