Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I want to add a clickable PDF of my Bitmoji Classroom as my homepage.  I don't like the way it looks when embedded as a PDF file.  I want a clean image which still has the links working.  Any suggestions?  See screen shot below for how I do not want ...

• 5 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Why am I unable to add my classes to my course menu in dashboard?  When I select all courses in Dashboard my Summer 2020 classes are listed however, when I try to add them to my course menu a message pops up saying classes can not be added to course ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I'm searching for help embedding my OneDrive files into my assignments and pages in Canvas. I figure out how to embed Word or PDF's with HTML, however other teachers collaborating on the site are not given access. I had to use HTML, because the e...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a Free account, and my district now has an account. How do I import/export the content from my Free account to my district's account?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students love the hard copy crossword puzzles that we do to learn French.  Going to online teaching/learning, I would like to still be able to have them do these.  Is there some option under assignments or quizzes where I can replicate a crossword...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have tried uploading a background photo from my computer, I have tried from my phone, and I have tried from the app which will not even log me in in the first place. I am very frustrated so far with this site. I want to be able to upload relevant p...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently, I have to select one or the other and I would like to be able to see both in my grade book.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the easiest way to end the term for teachers if they want to reuse their content?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This thread from a few years ago is saying that Canvas will not send notifications for imported announcements, even if they are edited and dated for later release. Is this still true? I hope not, because it means that I will have to save all my annou...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a page with links to lessons that are created and formatted as buttons. I need to change/update those links.in the New Rich Content Editor when I click Options > Edit links, it gives me a bar to the left that says the Link name and the address...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

These things overwhelm me when I try to use Canvas and make it a far more stressful to use for me. I've tried to find out how to hide these things in settings repeatedly, but I can't figure out how. Is there a way to do this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

porqu me sale error you must identiify y cundo escribo mi nombre en join me permite comenzarEste mensaje ha sido traducido usando Google Translate.Why do I get an error?you must identify and when I write my name in join allows me to start

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

No other students are having this issue.  Im wondering why its only mine.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The students have to film themselves and make some editing and then send me the video files. What is the best way to send me or upload those files (email doesn't work because the files are too large)? Thanks!

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In Grades, there is an option for each assignment to send a message to students who (gives several options). Does this option send an individual, private email to each student that meets the criteria selected? In Inbox, there is a click box to choose...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a student who enrolled late and missed the quiz that was given last week. Can I edit and set the quiz to open again just for that student? If I change it, does it wipe out the answers for previous students or effect in any way?Thanks,Michelle9...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello I recently installed Zoom LTI Pro for my school with the Calendar and Conversation integration and it seems to be working pretty well, but I have a couple of questions.I have the Attendance Report option on, can someone show me what they will l...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I can add images, audio and video files to a quiz question but not a document or PDF?Thank you,Karen Matson

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have just finished some marking but found that now and again the student list would disappear from the right side in Speedgrader if I were to leave entering grades and feedback and then click back in. This isn't specifically when I log out and back...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to add a profile picture and Canvas keeps rotating the image. Is there a way to prevent this?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I stop being emailed every time I save something on Assignments or any other parts of my module?Brenda Godzinbgodzin@southallegheny.org

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Teachers are seeing various LTI tools in the course navigation.It's getting to be a long list. (see example 1 in attachments).  I have found where LTI's have a placement (see example 2 in attachments).  Is there any way to change the placement from c...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm attempting to get another access token using my refresh token via the api.  Here's my post data with contentType application/x-www-form-urlencodedPOST /login/oauth2/token HTTP/1.1Host: <my_host>Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencodedclien...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I delete content in a "sandbox" course so I can load another course?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I embed a narrated powerpoint into canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I an having issues with Cookies blocking access to course materials.  I followed directions unsuccessfully.   Browser is Safari with cookies enabled.Please advice.Miguel Hilarion

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is school version PAID or FREE. If PAID, How to get details of paid version for school

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can students show their work for math questions if using the canvas system for online math exams? 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

None of the teachers in our group are able to see the whiteboard.  Is there a fix?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I opened this account to both teach my classes and share with other teachers on my campus that are also using Canvas. I have been unsuccessful at sharing with other teachers and I now realize that the adress of my account is different from theirs. Th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies