Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi everyone, I've had Ally installed in my instance of Canvas for about one year but only recently enabled it for all courses. Last week I noticed that it had been mysteriously disabled. Which lead me to the realization that all low-level subaccount ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My students aren't able to join my Zoom meeting in Canvas, even though it is enabled in Settings and it shows up in my course. Any advice?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

*I teach Art and students are uploading images for grading that are in the .HEIC format. Will Canvas please included an update so that it opens the .HEIC files like .JPEG? At this moment I have to convert each student submission on a separate program...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-22-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Right now in school we have to add a virtual counseling course to our canvas in which a link was sent out but i didnt get it, this course i never had so it isn't in ALL COURSES so i need to know how to do before the before my assignment is due. Pleas...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have uploaded a video to my Youtube channel, but when I try to embed it in my course, it does not pop up in the search even when I type the exact name of it. It pops up tons of videos with names not even close to my video name. Having the same issu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Here is the situation.1. Students took the Quizzes (at that time I had NOT created the answers to each question).2. Students complete the Quizzes and I graded them all.3. Now, I created Answers to Quizzes.4. I used the option to allow students to see...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had my students upload an image of a test question to canvas. I made annotations on the image to give feedback on their work. The students are telling me they cannot see the annotations? What do I need to do so they can see their work with my notes...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am teaching a course in the US this summer for students who are physically located in China. If I set the time at, say, 11:59 pm for me in my time zone, will CANVAS automatically convert that set time to 11:59 pm in the time zone where the students...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Im trying to view my assigments and courses but it says i need to create a new course list. but it says all my courses are passed courses and i cannot favorite them. How do i customize my course list with passed courses?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Under my module I have assignments, what do I do if I want to break down the ASSIGNMENT into smaller chunks?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What is the best/easy way to create different versions of a test in Canvas? I know I can create for example two different exams and assign each one to a group of students and the other version to the remaining students. However my question is, can I ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there any reason why my students would suddenly receive "access denied" for my lecture videos located in my modules. It occurred the first time this morning at 8:00 a.m. and again at 10:15 a.m.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How are assignments returned to students?andI want to unpublish an assignment, but I can't because it says there are still student student submissions, but is this because I don't know how to return the student's work?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Example--an assignment has already been graded and synced to Skyward, but late submissions have been added after the syncing to Skyward.  I'd like to sync the late submissions to Skyward without duplicating everyone else's grade for that assignment.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

WHAT-IF Grades:   I was able to use the 'what-if' grade feature in the old version of canvas.  Where can I find this feature in this newer version, I have looked.  Grades are not being displayed correctly to students.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-26-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I see how to do a conference with a student or class but how do THEY access it?  An invitation is sent to where?  Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone been having this issue? My Canvas Teacher app crashes shortly after opening. Troubleshooting notes so far:The crash occurs a few seconds regardless of any action or inactionThe issue occurs on both iPhone and iPadBoth are running IOS 13.4....

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am attempting to set up courses for next year and I am unsure how to handle setting up a class for a small number of students in my class.  Students are allowed to come back to my class as a second year student.  As a second year student they can c...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know we can not unpublish a course once published. However; by mistake I published my writing course and it is a duplicate of the reading course,  It is confusing the students. Please tell me how to hide or delete? If so, will it affect the reading...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-26-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'd like to make an announcement that is posted in ALL of my Canvas courses. Is there a quick way to do this? Currently, I make the announcement in one class, then go into Settings for the other classes and copy a Canvas course, selecting the announc...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

1. I'd like to be able to provide a financial statement and then ask several multiple choice questions about it in Canvas Quizzing. I don't see a way to provide common information for multiple questions this way. How is this done?2. Assuming you can ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello,I want to put students in a course ahead of time before the course starts, but I don't want them to:Be able to access the course until I am ready.Get a notification that they were added until I am ready.For the first one, I know I can make a "S...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get to commons when there is no link?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HELP!!!! Does anyone know how students within Canvas can collaborate if they are logged in with a self-chosen e-mail address? So some with a Hotmail, some with a Gmail, some with an O365,...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to add an event for an individual class but need all 5 of my classes to see it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When creating content#, what's the difference between "#Embed" and "#Link" and "#Cloud Assignment"?  How do the students access the different files and where are they stored?  If a student starts a cloud assignment that is then copied to their Google...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Students are receiving the message below. They are on an iPad. There are no concluding date settings for the quiz or course. "You can’t browse this page at “volusia.intructure.com” because it is restricted."

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for a teacher to be notified in Canvas about student completion of an assignment, quiz or test which was taken in an external source such as Cengage using MindTap? I would like to know if this constant monitoring by the teacher could b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi I am an instructor and I have been added to a module to help with grading. i cannot view the assignments - I just get a blank page under assignments. I'm told by my administrator that I am added to the module correctly and should have access. What...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I wanted to be able to add, and remove a student from a classroom, since we are getting so many requests of students not been able to see their assignments because teachers, have not put them on their roster.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies