Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How do I mute an assignment so that I can record a grade without the student seeing it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

With so many quizzes going online and so many questions quickly available on Quizlet - what are some ways to deter students from just copying and pasting to find an answer?I know an accessible version would be needed as well - but what about posting ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I share a quiz I created? I have a Free-for-teachers account. The Comparison Guide says sharing is available for this type of account. When I click on Send To and type in an email address, it says No Results and the Send button is grayed out. ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to edit the comments in grades 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How long does it take for a grade to sync from Canvas to Powerschool Teacher Pro? So far its been 5 hours and nothing is happening

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are in the process of proposing a transition to Canvas for some of our high school and university products, and some stake holders are asking for any data on the student, teacher, or school counselor experience in Canvas compared to other LMSs. Is...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

On my side the formatting is correct but when the teacher receives it it could look something like,On my side and when I see the assignment before it is submitted it is in the correct format but when the teacher    receives itit looks somethinglike t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The font size on Canvas just suddenly got super small.  How can I increase the size of fonts/screens that i use on Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone figured out a work around on how to take an excel document and have it populate to the calendar in Canvas?  Admin question.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How does one create games for learning in Canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can you please add a file type for HEIC so my kids can submit pictures of their work.  It is very frustrating to not be able to view their pictures.

• 6 Likes
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good day, please assist dashboard icons keep on flashing.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good Morning, I am trying to put a PDF into an Assignment using the Rich Content Editor, but all that comes up is a link. I'd like to be able to input the PDF and have my students be able to see it without having to go the extra step of clicking on t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In correcting exams and essays, I know I can leave comments in the box on right side of submitted materials.  However, I would like to know how, using Speedgrader, I can make comments and corrections directly on submitted materials.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change tile picture

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a student who is seeing this screen whenever they try to access Canvas. What does this mean?  Has anyone ever seen this?I

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where is Newsela located on Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are using Respondus to create QTI files (because Canvas doesn't seem worried about creating this feature even though it's been a request since 2015 and has almost 2000 votes!) - https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/2086-create-item-banks-from-msw...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is Web 2.0 and how do I access it. 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am struggling with the Canvas Quizzes and applying a guessing correction. Normally we test on paper and ask our students to leave a MC question open when they do not know the answer (for calculation of the guessing correction). I see that in Canvas...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I looked through the Canvas guides about muted grades. When I go to the assignment in question (new quiz) and click on the 3 dots as I've always done, the only option that comes up is "sort". There is not crossed out eye on the assignment to indicate...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Sometimes I like to turn off the automatic embedding of YouTube videos in the Rich Content Editor. I might be jealous of the space on the web page or maybe do not want to give my students a clue about what will be in the video beyond the link text. T...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I change my login ID (user name) ?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I restore a "completed course" in the dashboard so it will reflect in the transcript again? I accidentally dropped "Copyright for Educators" course and it doesn't reflect on my dashboard and transcript anymore. I still see it though in courses...

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, has anyone had problems with the images? in the exam my students only see a blue box and not the image

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I deleted a quiz accidently, can I rescue the quiz from the assessment I was creating? How do I do this?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The professor uploaded a video as an interactive activity with a quiz at the end and the video keeps circulating like it wants to load but never actually plays. What can I do to make it work?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Cannot grade using speed grader. entered number and it will not stay in the box

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I send a message or email to all students in my course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies