Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi, I'm building a Canvas Site as part of an internship. Now, my canvas site is at the institution where I work, and will be servicing those students. However, I would like to add my professor, who is at a different institution, so that they may revi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teachers aide. I signed up as a teacher role when I created the account. All I need is to access my teacher I work under as an observer. I do not know what to do in order to do that 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For attendance, checklists, and other instructor functions for which I need regular access to a class roster, for four courses per-semester, usually 230-250 students, it is most efficient for me to have easy access to a roster that is sorted as alpha...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The majority of our classes are created and students are enrolled from an SIS import. We want these to stay the same. We are wanting to add courses that are short-term continuing education type courses and we would like to have people self register f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 4 sections of the same course.  I'd like to email them all 4 at once, but I don't see how to do that.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I did a grade audit and all of my assignments are muted except for a few (quizzes, exam 1, and a few others). When I check the assignments, modules, and gradebook, all 1000 course points are accounted for-- When I export the grades, the final grade f...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, How do you give credit to all for a question that you are throwing out? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please tell me how to undo a deletion of a quiz

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

ConferencesI understand how to set up a conference, but how do you schedule a date/time for the conference?  Thanks, AEZ

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

converting a word doc 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Yesterday, I made a Kaltura video of a 45-minute lecture. After about 14 hours, the video still had not finished uploading to canvas. So I gave up on it. I have decided to make two shorter videos. I tried to delete the video about two hours ago, but ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can you add multiple rubrics to one assignment?  Students have 5 options of a writing promt and each requires a slightly different rubric.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to know all the Math's tools like graph input into canvas,please.fnguyen@compton.edu

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Assignments seem to have no trouble accepting multiple files for submission, can quizzes?I teach math, and some questions demand long, complicated responses and I hate my students feeling pressured to fit it all on one page. Thanks!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i receive a password change to create one if I am not getting any emails stating I want my password change because I cannot login with the password I remember creating when i first enrolled

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I made some reading comprehension quizzes each with only one question (a matching question, a multiple choice (multiple answers), order). It seems that for this type of single question quizzes, the student can only have 100% or 0%.Is there a way arou...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to create an assignment--other than, for example, a Canvas quiz--in which students can download the assignment and have a specified time limit to complete the assignment form the time it is downloaded?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all!I've been using the iOS Teacher app heavily for grading in SpeedGrader. Overall, it's been a great experience, but I find one thing really confusing.When I use SpeedGrader in a browser, if I score an assignment using a rubric, it automatica...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to quickly target my reading so I'm asking for help - I am trying to do my first ever exam in Canvas. I want to have groups of questions (8 groups) and then have canvas choose 1 from each group. I am a bit confused about the groups - will the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My son, has an acer chromebook and is running google chrome 81, however, his teacher's images (.png nor .jpeg) DO NOT appear. What do I need to change or modify to have the images appear so he can do his work on this device?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I export my grades from the Canvas Gradebook into Pinnacle?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I select text within a Canvas lesson, there should be a pop up for listen, dictionary, or translation.  This pop up is not showing.  I have gone into settings from the attached screenshots and made sure it defaults to this pop up, but still noth...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a video to show students how they will see or participate in Peer Review?  I found one on YouTube, but our students do not have access on their district devices to the video.  I have linked it below.YouTube of Peer Review directionsThank you...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Help! In an effort to open up a past quiz to a student, I accidentally deleted 10 other students already submitted and graded quizzes...How do I correct this and step it back?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This would be especially helpful for classes that have multiple sections; right now I have to create two different conferences and invite students into their appropriate conference.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Management of daughter's google account is management by school's canvas-based policy. Having an issue accessing specific content (nearly everything works but one specific thing), with message that I not logged in. Would like to do a fresh login to r...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my students logged into Canvas and completed a quiz as I was editing/constructing it. I was unaware that the exam link was available to students as I had intended the quiz to go live the following day. Lo and behold, the student took 1/4th of ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

what are the minimum operating systems for a MAC laptop and iPad? I am using a macbook air 2010 with OS X Yosemite and some of the material is not showing up. The same happens on our older iPads. Very frustrating when the submit button is not on the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of the instructors has thrown a hypothetical yet interesting situation at us. The course she is teaching has two pairs of students with same names. The situation is: If they'd have to moderate the quiz to provide extra time (on-the-fly) to one of...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My announcements  are gone except for today's. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies