Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

We are currently exploring options to use the self user enrollment and registration. It will be on our best interest if we could do it through a sub account. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

One assignment asks me to build off of a different (previously submitted) assignment.  I don't have a local copy of that assignment anymore.  How do I download the previously submitted assignment?  I can see it in the list of uploaded assignments if ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am creating a geometry quiz and need to embed images of geometric figures.  I have three different outcomes that I just experienced and I bet there is an easy explanation out there but I couldn't find it by searching previous questions. first:  I t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to edit a score from a test. However, it will not allow me to change or input a new score. How can I correct this problem?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

All I wanted to do is create an announcement page to add to my assignments? I'm not getting to that just one page (announcement/templet page) when I logged on. Please advise

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am holding a meeting with 4 adults and 14 students and our parents are asking whether or not their student will be able to see everyone.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Canvas have Spanish settings?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to add a rubric to a quiz. I looked online and tried to follow the steps but I don't see where to add a ruric like it shows online. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I teach a computer programming course and would like for my students to be able to reach out to one another.Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm a student from cypress bayi have a problem to submit any test, quiz or assignment. i cant submit my assignment and for the past 2 weeks i had to submit everything through email and because of that my teachers couldn't grade my assignment so i hav...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

GreetingsI hope this finds you well. My question is about how to print/review the question bank in case it has more than 25 questions. I wanted to review or print out what I have printed them out. I can only see the questions but I cannot see the ans...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to add multiple requirements within a module? The help page says: You can require students to complete all requirements in the module, or have them choose one item to fulfill a specific requirement.What if I want to make 5 of 10 assign...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Once a student misbehaves and you remove him/her  from a conference, can you block a student from coming back into the conference?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I open my PowerPoint in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My students are claiming that grades are locked for them. Where is the setting for turning off this lock? Is the lock involved with Blueprint? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I add HW questions from the textbook? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I embed the pie charts/graphs of a Google Forms results page into a Canvas discussion? I understand how to embed the form/survey itself, but I'd like students to be able to see the live results in a chart format. I saw some posts indicating t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have Nearpod Draw It activities in my modules for my students but when they submit their work, on my end all I see is a circle that says 0% and it won't show me their actual work so I cannot look at it. Why is this happening and how can I fix it? @...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How come when I click on take quiz nothing happens?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to expand the announcements so that I can see the replies all at once?  I ask my students a "fun/engagement" question each day and try to respond but its a lot of opening and closing announcements.  I can see there are replies, but wou...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating events on my calendar, I noticed that it would be easier to duplicate certain events so that they are listed only on certain days of the week. However, I'm not sure if that's entirely possible...   Here is a real example that you can...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to export grades that will show only the current view and not an entire grading period? I want to see grades for specific dates, sections, or modules only so I don't have to sort through the csv file to find everything.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have found an inconsistency in the grading standards Canvas API and want to know if it is on purpose or a bugThe behavior of grading standards in the UI is like this:Account administrators can read and edit account-level grading standardsTeachers ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why cant i authorize my google drive? no matter how many times i try.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Has anyone been having trouble with MS Word documents in Speedgrader with regard to the format of the MS referencing tool being all wrong, although it is fine in the Turnitin checker? If my students are using Word referencing tab for in text refer...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am the main teach of this course and my assistant teacher is on canvas with students and I have had a difficult time connecting to her and sharing the files.  How do I connect with my class from my canvas page,

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I cannot load my books on canvas. nor is the website coming up properly!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have created quizzes using MS Forms, but I don't know how to load them into the "Quizzes" tab in Canvas.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have set up an account and trialing this with some students i have published an assignment but it says to them it is part of an unpublished assignment and they cannot access it,But it is published.Can some one advise please.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, when creating a new quiz in a course, previewing it and then attempting to continue editing the quiz – I see the attached warning in a blue box:"Students have either already taken or started taking this quiz, so take care when editing it. If you ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-03-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies