Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is there a way I can upload something for my students so that they may print it at home?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!With e-learning in full swing, I'm attempting to place requirements on each weekly module. Would an embedded Google Form for my students to fill out count as 'contribute to page' in the module?Maigan

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-19-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you get Canvas to transfer a "completed" assignment as a "collected" assignment in PowerSchool using Grade Passback?  The issue is that when you mark the student assignment complete, it shows up with points as a "0" and if you edit the assignm...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

When adding an app, what is a consumer key and shared secret?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm an instructor that created Collaborations linked to Office 365 PowerPoint for student groups to work on. After I finish this, I'm able to verify that the student groups were correctly assigned, and I'm also allowed to Lauch LTI. Everything looks ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I import google slides into my Canvas course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, there a few of my teachers have been attempting to send some edited work of mine back to me but there are no files at the bottom of the email after they have stated that they have sent an attachment of my work. why is this? is it to do with the s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why does'nt the students texts appear when I use Speed Grader?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What do I need to do in the canvas for my students to upload their resubmission?Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a powerpoint with clickable audio for my students. In powerpoint, it looks like an audio icon, but on canvas a small loading bar and 3 dots. When dots are clicked (loading bar does nothing), a menu pops up with "play" "download" and "mute". I ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I change my canvass password

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is simply being in canvas, being in the shell? We were told look into the canvas shell for math tutoring and cannot find it when searching for it within canvas. Thanks. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know how to add an attachment but my discussion post board doesn't have that option. How do I add a picture to my post? Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 200 plus pictures in my Files but they do not show up when I click one.  Help!  Ideas

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

To explain in example if the assignment lock Day is April 19: at 12:02am and the assigment due day is may 3 at 11pm  what is the difference post on Aprill 19 and may 3 post? thankyou for your explantion 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I email a student via the People link in Navigation, how can I see the message again? I've used this feature a few times, but it seems unstable (sometimes deletes or sends the message before I'm ready, especially if I try to copy/paste any infor...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to limit the amount of characters students can enter on a free response question on a Canvas quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add a profile picture in my user account as an anstructor?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Trying to add emoji to my titles. Curriculum said it was as simple as using window and >.  I also tried adding the keyboard...but its white with no keyboard.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I change my Canvas password?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you create a question pool in Canvas for a quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a presentation assignment that I am trying to upload, it is an mp4 video, and is 123 MB in size.  I keep trying to upload it but it just says "saving reply" and nothing happens, even if I let it sit for a long time (I just left my laptop for a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I create a quizz for students, and I added comments for each of the questions (not for the whole quizz)How can students view those comments?Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I download images into quizzes?  Do they have to have specific file name?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete a class that no longer exists?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Help setting up Google Drive app in CanvasTrying to connect Google Drive to our Canvas and we keep getting a LTI error when trying to utilize this appI must be missing a step in the setup - any help is appreciated

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have tried several times to setup an appointment group in Canvas calendar to have 10 minute meeting slots and it will only allow me to set them up for 30 minutes.  I change the 30 minute default to 10 minutes and each time it still only creates 30 ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been having problems with one of my classes that because of the quarantine its online. Can someone help me please ASAP

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a multiple fill in the blank question.  I put in 4-5 possible answers for each blank hoping that I would catch most of the students possible answers. I need to go in and adjust grades for quite a few students.  What is the easiest way to do...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you move an existing question on a quiz to another place in the same quiz?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies