Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I get my scheduled Zoom meetings to appear automatically on my course calelndar? 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-31-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is there a way you can view the analytics of a page? I'm trying to see how many times a page is being viewed. I can see the revision history, but I want to know if my students are looking at certain pages. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need students to submit narrated PowerPoint presentations and I’m wondering if this will max out the storage space. What are the storage limitations?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When designing a course, what is the copy right license and issue?  example curriculum book have been purchased by educational program , but you want to copy the pages to view for guided instruction. I There is no etext supplied by the publishers  fo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Next Fall I will teach large section of calculus.What would you recommend if I need the following two items?1. I should be able to take polls in class.Display on the board a Question with multiple choice answers.Students choose one of possible answer...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I posted an audio clip in an assignment for students to listen and respond to. While most students are able to hear the clip, a handful have told me they just see a gray box and cannot hear anything. Any idea on how to fix this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Plagiarism check, using the canvas, how do I plagiarism check my paper and submit it, I'm a first time online student and never done this before. I have a research paper proposal due today but it needs to be plagiarism before sunmitted, can you guide...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I am using the little blue down arrow in the rich content editor to try to choose BrainPop as a tool embedded into an assignment. However, I don't see it in the list of educational platforms to source from. It should be LTI approved, correct? I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student working from  home -I walked her through updating her chrome book - Google Chrome OSBut when she goes to CANVAS she gets this message"your browser does not meet the minimum requirements for CANVASis there any solution for this ? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HolaCómo puedo restablecer Cursos que elimine accidentalmente?Translation from Google Translate: HelloHow can I reset Courses that I accidentally delete?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Buenas tardesTengo un problemaAccidentalmente elimine unos Cursos recién creados y no se como restablecerlos

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I have created a quiz in Canvas by importing a QTI (zip) file. The QTI zip file was generated in R/exams package with the function "exams2canvas()". Upon importing the QTI file in the course content, I have noticed that the weight of each ques...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally deleted an assignment from the Assignment tab. Is there any way to retrieve it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-17-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

can students draw in canvas

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I change my password?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Can somebody please help me to adjust my profile picture.  When it was dropped into the profile it appeared sideways. I hovered over the image to try to rotate it, but the rotation arrows I would have expected never showed up.  I have noticed ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, looking for some help! When I am working on creating assignments, my students have been receiving notifications about files I am uploading, when I haven't even PUBLISHED the assignment? Often times these notifications are being sent out at 1-2...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I get the Navigation tab back? It is missing in the settings display.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to create mastery paths, however, I do not see the "setting icons" to enable the mastery path. Mastery Paths have been enabled within the course. Suggestions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Trying to create a Google Doc to use on the Collaborate tab.  Before I can create or access Google account I must first log-in to Google account though an Authorize page in Canvas.  I log-in to Google and hit "allow" button so Canvas can access my Go...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why do some students show up with a name and others show up with a string of numbers? How can I change those with a number to show up with their name in Grades and elsewhere? Thanks in advance! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This is about Cloud assignments from Google drive. I am having trouble with where the scholars find their assignment. When they click on link they see the slides, but can't edit them. They are very tiny unless they click present. How do they edit? I ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I click on launch external tool for the activity that connects to google slide it gives me a message that says Invalid Request. How to I get the activity to work?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to make the Assignments, that are passed, into a different color or to move them from the main Assignment page? It is so unproductive to see all Assignments on the same page when I want to see only those that are left until the end of ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I go to watch a video I can't hear what the teacher is saying. How do I fix that? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are starting to get our LMS integrated with our homegrown SIS and I need a way to hide students' ability to change their password or their student name (I have no issue with them changing the Canvas Display Name, and would like to let them still c...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello everyone!At my institution we have been working on reassessing our introductory writing courses in light of two factors: 1) the fact that students come to college with varied writing ability; and 2) the reality of the COVID situation and its im...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I get my courses on Canvas? I start on Monday with a new class and need to set it up however there are no courses listed on my dashboard.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am having problems, like so many others, with the 'processing until'..... or 'you assignment has not been graded' when assigning masterypaths. I believe that I have done all of the correct things (at least according to Canvas guidelines and the gui...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello Friends,I would like to buy paid version of canvas for our institution as we want to integrate it into our official website and want to manage students login along with the payment gateway. If these things could be done with open source please ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies