Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

In California, due to Covid-19, March 12 has become the date when a student's grade can no longer "Be harmed."Is there a way to get a report of a teacher's posted grades from March 12th?I am trying to support my teachers so they don't inadvertently p...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I cant get into my new course,.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to use SpeedGrader to evaluate a fillable pdf.  Unfortunately, it looks like the text has all been duplicated and shows up as shadowing.  I don't have this problem if I download the fillable pdf, so it seems to be an issue between the fil...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach at nova university. We have respondus lock down down but, not a format to load questions using respondus 4. I was told that program in canvas but do not know how to utilize it. Can some help me.Harris Lash 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've recently gotten feedback on a group project. The feedback was only attached to my document however, so I need to download my feedback and sent it to the other group members. I did download the document, but my professor's comments weren't attach...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to enable other LTIs within Quizzes.Next? (I'm thinking mostly of MathType, which we use for classic quizzes). In the WYSIWYG editor for new quizzes, there's no little V button for external tools...perhaps because new quizzes is itself...

• 5 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This seems like a relatively simple thing to do for the system yet there are no options?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Is it possible to see which students have viewed a certain document in Canvas?Kind regards,Michaël

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Student submitted an assignment.  I have a time and date of submission and their grade.  I checked the grade history.  When I look for that assignment in the grade book, now, it says no submission.  How do I recover this.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm a little confused navigating Canvas. I know who my teacher of ORGL 8740 is but when I click on meet your professor, another teacher's bio comes up; "getting started" takes to a broken link. Some of the links in the modules are also broken links. ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As a faculty, when I click reply (like on student post), the system spawns the text editor box (YEAH).  However, the cursor is NOT positioned in the upper left to start immediately typing.  This forces the author to click reply, allow the spawn, then...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I EMPLOY A TEST GRADING TECHNIQUE AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO COMPUTE OR ENTER A GRADE ON CANVAS.  I GIVE A TEST, E.G. 100 TRUE FALSE QUESTIONS. THE MOST NUMBER OF CORRECT ANSWERS, E.G. 83 CORRECT ANSWERS  OUT OF 100, BECOMES 100%. THE STUDENT  WHO ANSWE...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I set up a Quiz Code to appear only after students have completed a preparation assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I have a situation in a course where a student claims they were not on Canvas (they say they were asleep) during a crucial time (an exam) in a course. But on the student's Profile page (as accessed from the "People" page), I observed and record...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I check or better yet go straight to my canvas e-mail. I would like to check my student e-mail? with out having to tap or wonder much? Please.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was prompted in the Canvas app to update my Contacts in Settings (to add email and phone number) and now I am getting all emails twice. How can I fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This appears in options for a multiple choice test.  What is this? I've been encouraged to keep the "lock students into the browser" option in Lockdown setting disabled to allow student to close the exam and get back into it if they have issues.  Wha...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I get notified by email when someone posts to a  particular discussion, e.g. course-related Q&A Discussion?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I rename a video?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I close out an assignment when the class has completed it?  I don't want to remove it, just unpublish it.  It says I can't unpublish because there are submissions.  

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to set the completion expectation in New Quizzes at less than 100% 10/10?  Can I set it for 70% 7/10?  Also is there a setting so you see the number they got correct in the grade book, without going to speed-reader?  Right now I am onl...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My collaborations button has an eyeball with a line through it showing it is disabled. I can't find in the settings where to enable it?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When using the weighted grading structure, how to you handle extra credit?  

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to associate an assignment with a newly formed group of students.The assignment was not originally configured for groups, and it already holds student submissions--so Canvas will not let me associate a group with the assignment now.I suspect t...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello! I have made two discussion boards that I would like only accessible by invitation. How should I proceed? It's very important that participants are gauranteed confidentiality - thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why do all the grades show up as "Missing" in Student view? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I set speedgrader to manual?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi folks, I've looked around for someone asking about this specific issue but haven't seen it:When I provide extra time for a student (for ability-related accommodations), Canvas requires that the quiz remain available for that additional time. This ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

In my course, students must submit class presentations. They take turns throughout the semester.I'd like these to be peer reviewed, but having a rolling due date makes that exceptionally difficult. Any ideas?Also, is there a way to grade peer reviews...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

my students are saying they cant access the material, what do I need to do so they can

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies