Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

As a student, I have a list of quizzes.  Some have been completed and some haven't but when I look at the list of quizzes I can't see a way to know how to tell which is which.  If I come back next week and don't remember exactly where I left off, how...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to create a quiz for my students. Is it possible to set up a quiz question in a way that students can decide whether to answer it by writing a paragraph or two in some provided box, or by uploading a pdf or jpg document? In other words, ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there,can you please help me how to start the course please , iam a little lost.thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Once the midterm is beyond the due date, is there a way to accept a late midterm?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can a student go into an assignment and resubmit it if they have already been given a grade for the assignment?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi There,I am trying to locate custom_canvas_user_id for a user in Canvas but not sure where I can find it. Could someone explain it? Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

What is a good way to let students find lab partners in Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hey, I can not log in to CANVAS! I have tried to use my login but its keeps saying its wrong. Then I tried send a verification code to reset it multiple times... The email however didn't even send, so I never got the verification code. Please let me ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have uploaded many videos. Some people can access them some cannot.Some users say.........Access decidedVideo not available needs conversionTry again laterOr just won't open.I can see and play the videos in my courses. I can play most of them in st...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to learn what students see when I release their grades.  In the original quiz, there was a setting for allow students to see their answers only once or to release answers at a given time.  I do not see anything like this in new quizzes.  The d...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can you put weights on different assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am working on National Board Certification. I found a formative assessment that someone else created and wondered how to tell if the quiz is copyrighted?? I would like to be able to submit the copy (I did add a couple of questions to the quiz) but ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to check your braids on Imagine Learning because Elena wasn't really explain full for this so I'm going to see if you can tell me better

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I attended the Canvas 101 training last week. I logged into the course and it seems as though I may be in Canvas as a student now. How do i change that? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am writing to ask about how to add a student as a canvas observer. I initially enrolled in one course this term. Considering the workload of this course and discussing with the professor, I have switched to audit this course and drop the course. Th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hola!Me gustaría saber si alguien sabe cómo subir algunos archivos a CANVAS, sin permitir que éstos puedan ser descargables. Google TranslateIs there a way to upload files, without allowing them to be downloadable?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

#Quiz question with multiple dropdowns is not working. Any suggestion or tips? I'm using Firefox browser and including [brackets] around the words that need [to be substituted] but this feature is not really working for me. First time to try it and s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I use video questions in the quizzes I give my ASL students.  Is there a way to take away their controls so they cannot rewind and pause the video?  Right now we are embedding videos from youtube and adding code to not show controls but they can clic...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can login, as a student, but the dashboard is not being displayed correctly.  And neither can I see the content?Have a Chromebook and the latest Chrome browser.  Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I cant get to my assignment I press the link but it wont bring me to the assignment.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I use assignments for students to upload their math exam.  They upload it as a single PDF.  I try to be consistent when grading, so I grade the same problem for each student before moving on to the next student.  This allows me to compare answers...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does the extra time assigned a student for quizzes and exams work?  Does the student's time run out and then the extra time starts?  How do they view this in their quiz or exam?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I allow multiple submissions by a student for an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

We've heard microsoft is going to be replacing the class notebook with the Microsoft Teams notebook. Is there any ms teams integration inside Canvas besides the video/chat feature? Are there any future plans for this?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do you automatically assign students to reply to another classmate's discussion post?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to write comments on the actual assignment document submitted by a student, is this possible? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried out Canvas Conference the other day to see how it would work.  I made two or three "test" conferences.On the first, I selected, "End Meeting", in the drop-down box in the Conference feature to conclude the conference.  A box even appeared, as...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to set up a signup sheet. When I go to calendar it does not have a Scheduler button. Where do I find this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to set up a signup sheet for my class' final critique. I go to Calendar but there is no Scheduler button in Calendar. How do I get this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there! I am having problems my canvas. The dashboard keeps flashing and I cannot access the stuff I have posted, such as my discussions, assignments, announcements. Kindly advise.Thank you. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies