Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have created a "new" quiz in one of my courses and I have attempted to copy it to a second course.  I have selected the 3 vertical dots, chosen "copy to", filled in the desired course to which to copy the quiz, and chosen "copy".  I've actually don...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I recorded 7 min. of video of myself on an assignment page in Canvas.  I watched it and saved it, but now I can't find it anywhere.  Help!  What did I do wrong?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor. I would like to create a Canvas quiz in which the order of the questions is randomized, but I do not see a "New Quizzes" quiz engine option.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you upload test banks saved in your files?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HOw do i save a course export file

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know this has been asked before, and the answer was no, but has there been any development in having a conference with just one section of students in your course?We are spread across 4 classes at school with the same content, but with remote teach...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Problems with developing a module quiz.I created a quiz in module one of my canvas course.  Somehow, it repeats itself in all 13 modules!  If I delete it in module 2 it deletes it in module one!I dont know what possible instruction I could have given...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get the green check marks on so when students are working they can see what they have clicked on?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having a problem with my Skyward pass back where it is not over-writing old scores on quizzes.  For example, I had a kid take a quiz and get 7 out of 10.  Then a few days later, they retook it and got a 10.  When I synced to Skyward, it did not ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I upload my video to my announcements for my class to view?Darcel Robinson

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Harris Lash teach at Nova UniversityBecause of the virus we have all had to go online. I set up a final exam on canvas. I am not sure how the students log on to canvas to take the test. Do they log in as usual and go to quizzes on the left side?hl275...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I go back to a previous version of my current gradebook?I made several changes but the result has created a problem. I want to got back to 10 am this morning instead of trying to retrace my steps. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What exactly does the "Total Activity" tracker in the "People" setting track? Is it an accurate measure of time spent in discussions or conferences or ???

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm learning canvas. How do you add students to a class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I just cannot figure this out on my own....I am an instructor, and I have only one course (speech therapy).  I created a module titled "week of 4/14/20" and within that module, there is a list of of things (I don't know if they are considered ass...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 12 Replies

I already have a canvas account but in one of my classes they are going to be doing different things and one part is going to be graded on  a Pass/ Fail and the others are going to be on percentages grading. Is there anyway to separate those from eac...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to add students to "people" in a class.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am unable to assess my camera on canvas to record myself reading a book.  I keep recieving this message, "Please allow Canvas to access your microphone and webcam."  and I am unsure of how to fix it.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I accidentally deleted an assignment, is there a way to recover it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does a parent get a pairing code for canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am creating an application to help students organize their time for studying.  I am trying to use the canvas api to get the assignments of the students and I am unsure how to make an admin account so I can get a developer key to use the Canv...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is there any reports that I can run to show the student's entire activity in their Canvas courses? Not just the last time they logged into the course? This would be helpful from a documentation standpoint.  Thanks 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot import my test banks or shared quizzes into my Canvas course. The test banks are being imported as IMSCC file from Evolve.  I have tried to import these several times and each time I get a failed message.  I had no issues importing tests the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have several different small groups that I've created different modules for; parents notified me that students can't check off assignment when done.  I've gone in to choose "complete/incomplete" for review activities and I'm stuck on group sections...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Parent responses to emails send out through BLEND announcement says "discussion topic is locked..... log into account". How do I unlock for responses?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It seems like when my students try to submit two things (a paper and a video or an outline and another word doc) Canvas only accepts the last submission. Am I setting it up incorrectly?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

canvas logged me out and wont let me back in.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 5 groups in my class, and each needs to turn in one project together.  How can I give each separate group a place to turn in their project and then grade it once for all members of the group to receive credit?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Sometimes the links are clickable, and sometimes they are not. I'm looking at one entire class's papers today, and none of the links are clickable, so I think it's a Speedgrader issue, not each student's document formatting issue. I graded another Sp...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I just about lost it this morning after appearing to discover that not a single student has been watching my lecture videos on Canvas. I clicked "People" on the left side. Then clicked names, and went to the Access Report. One after the next, there w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies