Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How do I publish student grades that I've entered in my CANVAS student grade book so that my students can see their grades?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I would like to keep a quiz that the students already have taken "published" so it stays in the grade-book, but I would like to close it.  I want it to say "closed" directly under the quiz in the quiz menu.  I did this a few weeks ago but have ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After I have created a discussion and go through to check that all the links and all are working, and click next, it DOES NOT take me to the next activity but back to the home page. How do I fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, is there a PDF that shows a comparison between Classic Quizzes and New Quizzes?  I have been using New Quizzes and I have some teachers who use Classic Quizzes.  It would be great to have PDF or some type of document that compares and contrasts t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I didn't see it in the notifications settings, but maybe I am totally missing something obvious.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to I make Canvas automatically put a zero in student's grades who did not submit an assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created an online graded survey and left it anonymous. Great right! no -_- I had essay question in there and it says I can't look at them be they anonymous

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way that I can get Canvas to understand that order does not matter in fill in the blank questions? Otherwise, I have to go through each quiz and change the answer to correct or I would have to change the question to a different type.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A student's exam was disrupted on Canvas.  How do I restart the quiz for the student and erase the grade that they had up to the time of the disruption?  They had completed 14 of 40 questions when the disruption occurred.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I "hide" the cards on the dashboard so that I am only looking at the ones I need?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why am I not able to see a graded assignment upon downloading the graded submissions?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have forgotten how to upload images from my computer into Canvas Files

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to hide some of the details on the course menu

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I set up Canvas email to allow me to respond to Canvas emails directly from my regular email?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to have three versions of the same exam (e.g. Mid Term 1).  I want to divide the 33 students into 3 groups of 11.  These 3 versions will vary (quantitative problems).I tried creating one group, but I can't find a way to put the other students ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Just wondering if any the keyboard short cuts like CTRL+K function still works in the new text editor or is there a different keyboard shortcut for adding in links with the same options (alt tag, open in new tab)

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need help posting a powerpoint presentation with audio (I recorded the narration in PPT).  When I tried to upload to canvas it forced me to download the file and I couldn't get the audio to play

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I create a prerequisite for my modules? I don't want students to skip pages to get straight to the quizzes.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Grade Book.I want to be able to "see" the possible total points in the total column.  From what I am reading I can't.  This is a feature in Blackboard that was nice.  You could see that your total points possible matched what you have in your syllabu...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been making videos of lectures, and interspersing them with music and films.  I have run out of space in my course files, and can't figure out how to delete lectures I have already used out of the "course files" folder.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I assign a quiz to a group? I created three learning paths in a course. I can easily assign discussions and assignments to groups but I can't figure out how to assign the quiz to that group. Is it possible? The only thing I can figure is to type ...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My LTI 1.3 tool needs access to Canvas APIs.  Do I need to create both a Developer LTI key and a separate Developer API key?  Or can I use the same Developer Key for both tool configuration and API access?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a faculty member who set up a question in a quiz as essay but she really needed a Text (no question) type. What happens if I change it from essay to text? I know it won't give me a regrade option. Should I have the teacher go in and just enter...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do students have access to an assignment that is published on the Calendar but also included in a module that is locked?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hola, quisiera saber si al crear un test con la herramienta New Quizzes, generando los ítems a partir de preguntas aleatorias desde distintos bancos de ítems, existe la posibilidad de reabrir la prueba para el estudiante u otorgar un nuevo intento en...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I gave my class a test in quizzes.  Now when I click on "quiz statistics" Canvas tells me it can't render quiz statistics.  Is  this because not every student has taken it or is this because it had a lot of questions and questions groups.   I can get...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had an exam (as an assignment with a Word document attached that contained the questions because it was essay format and that's how I wanted it) that was unpublished for a few days on Canvas before I wanted my students to have access to it. I set t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I retrieve the grades from an assignment that I deleted?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have figured out how to write a Formula question that gives two variables (let's say X and Y), randomly, and then asks students for the answer to something like "What is X + Y?".But is it possible, in the next question, to ask students "What is X –...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a new class in canvass, but when I entered the students into the class, it would only let me put them is as teachers, Student wasn't even an option.  How do I change their role in the class now?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies