Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

What does the green tab mean in the gradebook?#greentabingradebook

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have started to create an exam. After making my initial save, I review the exam characteristics:   Shuffle Answers      Yes   Time Limit               30 Minutes   Multiple Attempts   No   ...   Webcam Required   No   ...I could find no procedure t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi there, I'm a complete beginner with Canvas API and Canvas Data Portal - I was wondering if anyone could help me in how I would use either to run a report that would show me the following information for assignments from all courses, if possible wi...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

is their a Code my student need to have before joining? i sent out invites but they have stated they need a join code. What is this code?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Because of the COVID-19 situation and our college moving practically overnight to fully online, I am sure many of you can relate, I am wondering how other HE will have students evaluate teachers and courses?  We normally use SCALES but I don't think ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have my module set up so that students must go in sequential order. However I did not include a few items so that everyone could see them as soon as they opened the module. The files that are on the top of my module are viewable to the students, bu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to bring the "Mute Assignment" option back? Anyone else finding the new procedure cumbersome?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot get my canvas page to connect to badgr.com. I created an account and nothing. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,On our campus, the theme changes would only be done on a campus-wide implementation. This is not available to the individual courses. Is the possible to allow specific faculty members access to theme settings?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Currently our school has 1302 students and we have a need to create a list of parents for students to monitor their children's academic progress. I created a list observer_user.csv and imported it into the canvas instructure.Parents of students log i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After I grade the first paper assignment, I select "hide grades."  I then tick off the button that indicates that the grades will be hidden for the entire section, not just the one student.  But this button doesn't work. What's the purpose of this b...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently our school has 1302 students and we have a need to create a list of parents for students to monitor their children's academic progress. I created a list observer_user.csv and imported it into the canvas instructure.Parents of students log i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I link a conference to the calendar? I want to set up a live lecture for June, but it seems like I am unable to link the conference to a date in the calendar. The moment I created the conference, it was published.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi every oneI teach French on Canvas, how do I type accents? thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HelloThis is about free-form comments in rubrics. When using free-form comments in rubrics the reviewer/grader is given an opportunity to save the comment for later use.  This behaviour is well described in this page:https://community.canvaslms.com/d...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I was trying to create a quiz using fill on the blank questions. I wasn;t able to do it. I can create multiple choice, but not fill on the blank.Also all the questions are automatically grade it or not?Maria

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

connect.php below:<?php$curl = curl_init();$token = "dddddddddQej5jBa1lbt76pG5";$pageNo = 0;function curlCall($curl, $endpoint, $token,$pageNo){ curl_setopt_array($curl, array( CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER => 1, CURLOPT_URL => 'https://lsts.instructure.com...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have installed Canvas LMS (quick start) on ubuntu 18.04.4, it is running and can be accessed using ip address 127.0.0.1:3000 Now, I want to change the IP so that I could access my canvas account from other computer or Internet

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I made a 20 minute recording of myself.  I clicked SAVE at the end, and the program had me name the video.  But, then it was NOT automatically embedded in my assignments.  What did I do wrong?  Help.  There must be a way for me to retrieve that file.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm looking for the time cards the school needs us to fill, and I can't find them, any ideas as to where I can get them

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i add a colleague to my homeroom

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to delete all conversations on the chat page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,In Canvas I often setup assignments that are assigned to select students, not the entire class/section.  However, when the assignment syncs to Powerschool PowerTeacher Pro (gradebook), the assignment is assigned in Powerschool to all the studen...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, How can I turn off notifications for 2 classes that I am a guest professor in? I am getting too many notifications and can't keep track of my real class.thanks,Harinder 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,Copy a course Fails with this issue:There was an unexpected error, please contact support.I've tried downloading then importing, copying, and copying individual modules, assignment, pages, settings, pdfs, etc. but the same error message keeps p...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've set up a Canvas quiz that contains both multiple choice/fill in the blanks content questions and a set of optional questions of the form "If you would like, please explain your answer to the previous question." The optional questions are all giv...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Help, none of the assignments posted by my teacher are showing a blue submit button, so I can't upload my work. I spoke with the teacher, and when she goes to student view, the button is there. She also checked my profile, and it shows I'm enrolled i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I add a video to the discussion links?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student that says she can get into my modules and see my assignments but cannot see any pictures I have put on for reference. Is there something I can share with my student to help her be able to see the pictures?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have enabled and saved the announcements tab to be seen by students in my navigation. However, it still has eyeball by announcements and students can not see it. Any suggestions on what to do next?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies