Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi,I am having an issue with our free edition of Canvas LMS. It has bee very useful for us but now due to the Covid-19 our requirements towards disk space has grown larger.I have tried to contact Canvas team several times but I haven't got any reply ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I received notifications about assignments were been created but I cannot find the assignment anywhere on canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So after 2 weeks of using this integration I'm stuck with this question:"Is it better to use the Class Teams we've set up in our MS Teams infrastructure or continue to use the Canvas Integration which created meetings in the Chat channel?"Currently t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I invited my friends to join a course on Canvas. When they try signing up, the system asks them to enter student or pairing code.I have no idea what the student or pairing code is.Please help.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I was invited to join a course but every time I try to join it says "The enrollment link you used appears to no longer be valid. Please contact the course instructor and make sure you're still correctly enrolled." what can I do. I attached an image t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What if there are two registered accounts of students in the "people" section, how should I deal with that? I can't remove any of them since I'm not sure which between them is the active account. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I'm a student. 280 points worth of assignments that are weighted at 40% have accumulated in grade book over a couple weeks, but not even a 0.01% shift in my grade. These assignments were done on Labster, a virtual lab, then automatically transferred ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am suppose to sign up for a test time slot using canvas and I do not know how 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

en la vista de tarjeta he visto que es posible cambiar los colores de cada curso por algunos prestablecidos, me gustaria saber si es posible cambiarlos por una gama de colores mas amplia e incluso por imagenes. ademas, en la configuracion del sitio s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I teach a college English course in which matching questions on tests are common, questions in which students, for instance, must match themes or characters or quotations with the titles of the novels they're identified with. I imagine that professor...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hi - I want to require students to make at least an 80% (unlimited attempts) on the first quiz before they can move on in the course (so I need to lock Pages and Modules). How do I set that up? Thanks. Cathy M

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-12-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Seamless transfer of MS Word quiz/exam (with images) to Canvas Quiz. Suggestions like Respondus, I tried it.  It only adds to the workload.  I made a quiz/exam yesterday on Canvas, cutting an pasting from MSWord, embedding images/schematics, resizing...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I got a new e-mail address, and was able to add my new e-mail address to my account but unable to delete the old one.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I embed a picture, it shows up on my laptop but not on the students' ipads.  What am I doing wrong?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I go to the Coastline Community College Canvas log in, I get an error saying "The account "username" is not authorized to access this application" I've attached a screenshot. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 5 sections of science and they are all cross linked on Canvas. In Announcements I wanted to send my students a specific link for each class period, so In the "post to" section I chose a specific class with the specific link. However, when I ch...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Another dumb question from me, but I'm full of them.What does the capital U within the picture ID circle mean in an ANNOUNCEMENT?  My picture does not show up and (I think) students must request access to the announcement when the U shows up.  Is the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change the color on the box that shows the module and how do I add an image to it?Also,  I have a few unpinned discussions from trying different things on Canvas and I can't delete them; please advise.Sincerely, Helen Paris

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

is there a way to download an entire course (including forms, videos, etc) that i've put on Canvas?  I've been adding/subtracting to it online, and don't have a full hard copy of it anywhere. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the purpose of empty small box that you can check or leave blank once you've made an ANNOUNCEMENT?  It is located to the left of the circular photo ID of the instructor in the announcement itself.Would love to know.  Please forgive my ignoran...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The discussion is not letting me mark the graded discussion option. it is showing grade discussion but it is inactive?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I unpublish a course to make some changes and then republish it, will it have any affect on the class?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I drop a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am creating a question for a quiz using the formula-style question, so specific values will vary among students.  Is there a way to ask multiple questions from the same set of generated values?  Part A, part B, etc.?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can we check papers submitted thru Canvas for plagiarism?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have prepared a quiz on CANVAS.  The first student accessed the quiz and all of the images appear as big locks, rather than the images I embedded into the questions.  I tried to follow the instructions provided to ensure that the images were "publi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 11 Replies

What is the difference between "due date"and "Available until date" while putting up Assignments for my students? Are they same or have some specific difference?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am trying to simply send an email to my students, grouped by section, to individual recipients, and I keep getting an "invalid recipient" response. MY COURSE IS PUBLISHED. Can you please tell me WHY it is so difficult to simply email student...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How long do Conferences last once you create them?  Is 14 days the maximum and then you lose them?  I wanted to create some Conferences (ppts and talking) that students can use any time during the semester (and possibly other semesters).  Is this the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Drop down menus in Canvas seem difficult to use.  Especially on my phone but also, overall.For instance, in the Inbox when I'm trying to create a new message:  When I'm trying to click on just one course in the drop down menu of courses, I click in t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies