Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

If I allow students to have a 2nd attempt on an assignment, specifically a quiz, can I set the highest score they're able to get as a 70?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you do a labeling assignment in Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I accidentally deleted a completed assignment that I made.  Is there anyway to get it back with student data?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have not been able to find the answer to my question in the forum.  This question is strange, but I have my reasons for wanting to do it if it is possible.I want to have two quizzes that are timed.  The first one has 1 attempt and a maximum time of...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I change the name of a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

i do not get it

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There were glitches with Encore and Canvas.  It erased my grades.  I need to print out the grades in Canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where on canvas do I find an invite for a class that I'm enrolled in?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

My discussions and quizzes have the little eye next to them and say they are not visible to students even though I think I have published or saved them.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It looks like a few people have had this issue, unable to copy or import a course. I keep getting an error message. I have opened a ticket but have yet to hear back. Has anyone had this issue and found a workaround?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who is trying to upload an MP4 video file that is 682.5mb to an assignment in Canvas, but it is not allowing him to upload it. Is there a maximum file restriction on video uploads to Canvas assignments? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I scheduled an assignment due at 11:59 pm on a day, however my students see the time of the due date as 2:59 am of the next day.  How can I fix this? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I have been attempting to import course materials for the last 3 days.  Each time, I get the message "There was an unexpected error, please contact support."  I have reported the problem twice under the Help tab, but have yet to receive a response.  ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When having a Canvas conference with 3 students, they can see me and I can see them but they can't see each other.  Audio is fine!  Please advise! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I am trying to upload/import a publisher test bank into Canvas and each time I try it idles or is very slow to import. I'm attaching a screenshot of what I'm seeing of the loading icon that perpetually displays on the page. I've tried differen...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, everyone! What can I do if when copying a course it shows "There was an unexpected error, please contact support"Need help ASAP =(

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you import a question bank from another canvas course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Many assignments require Office 365.  Is there a student version available for me to do my assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way I can annotate a student's assignment while giving audio or video feedback when grading through SpeedGrader? As an English teacher, I would like to be able to highlight and make suggestions when grading. I tried audio feedback and stud...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello! I have noticed that some of the names in my "grades" section are not students in my course.  I can see all of my actual students, but have some additional names.  Help, please  Andrea P.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!Not sure why I am unable to see the syllabus or modules for my class. It tells me i'm enrolled in a class but it has not yet started. However, class was scheduled to start yesterday 4.13.2020. I've tried emailing Canvas support but have not hea...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do you open a previously taken exam so the students can review it

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a faculty member that has set up group Discussions, and wanted to know if the Rubric grades would transfer to all members of the group. What the Faculty member is attempting to do is give the whole group the same grade and feedback on the Disc...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just tried using Canvas's "Conference" feature. (Yeah, I know, I know . . . )Two things, however, are confusing me.  I am not sure if it is me who has the problem or the program.(1) When I click to end the meeting in the drop-down box on the upper ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In an Assignment, we have an option to select "Do not count this assignment towards the final grade".I want to do the same for a Quiz, but there is no such option. Is there another way to achieve the same result?I do not want to delete the quiz and I...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Sometimes when trying to view a student media submission, I get a message saying that it is being converted and to check back later. But even when I check back another day or week, it still shows the same message. Any way to know if I'll ever be able...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,If I create a question group Canvas prompts me for points per question.  However, the questions inside the group also allow me to set points per that question. For example, I have two questions inside a group both of which are fill in the blank...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've been using the Canvas LMS for the past six years.  There seems to be nothing I can do to get the "Teacher Tour" to go away!  I've gone through it seven times - I already know!  MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2020 View Solution
  • 17 Likes
  • 32 Replies

How can I extract the grades for up to a certain date?For example, I want to know what the grade everyone is receiving From January 2nd up to March 13th.I'm attempting to create a report see if the student' grades on all classes have improved over ti...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have copied an announcement with a Microsoft Teams meeting link from one course to another.  It shows up in both courses but only the original announcement has my picture and a date posted.  The course I copied to does not.  Does that mean it is no...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies